Iconic Irony
Bare Back Rough Rider
+189|5294|San Angelo, TX
How the fuck auto-balance selects the person to be swapped.  I'm so fucking sick of that shit my head is about to explode.  I was on 2fort earlier running scout for the intel.  I spent at least 10 lives digging that shit out of their base until eventually I got it all the way back to our intel room where I was met by an enemy sentry.  When I died, I was team-swapped and before I could spawn someone ran it in and my new team lost and I was shot in the face by an ex-teammate.

I then joined another server with the express intent to watch the team-swap.  I was chosen, out of 32 players, 5 out of 7 times for the swap.  I was roughly in the middle of the scoreboard (not leading, but not the lowest scoring either) and I got it nearly every time.  I find it nearly impossible to play with friends or with a team because I constantly getting knocked back and forth between teams like a ballsack on Paris Hilton's chin.

This is fucking bullshit.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6673

It's because you're the shittiest player on the server.
dill13
+67|6212

Are you talking about auto balance as in switching one player for another or to make the teams even in players. If the later then you were probably the last person to join your team thats not a member of the clans server your on.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6421|dm_maidenhead
The autobalance definitely needs some work. One thing that really annoys me is when I get switched, but I grit my teeth anyway and start playing with my new team, then a few rounds later after my new team has won a couple of rounds I get switched again. Ridiculous.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6288
As far as I know it just swaps the first person that dies after it's discovered an imbalance.

And yes it's incredibly annoying. I've had games where i've singlehandedly cleared out the defense on a map like Dustbowl, got half the point and then died, swapped, lost all within about 5 seconds.

As for swapping people between a new round and the old one, I dunno. Probably completely random. Maybe it swaps the best player to try and even it out. I really don't know.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6672
This made me realize I never get autobalanced anymore, when I used to be like Cougar ragequitting from practically every game after being forced to join the team that I just beat.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Bevo
Nah
+718|6539|Austin, Texas
1. Don't die so much (well, hard to do when you're trying to get intel as a scoot, but still)
2. Keep an eye on the scoreboard. As soon as you see the teams are imbalanced, go hide in a corner or run back to your base. Just wait 20 seconds for autobalance to do it's thing.
3. Dont play on 32 player servers and expect to capture the intel. Just out of curiosity, were you on Team Interrobang #2 24/7 2-Fort? It's a 32 player server 2fort based out of Dallas that I admin... we own 9 different servers, all Dallas based. Try out Team Interrobang #1 instead, it's payload and much more fun.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6175|Vancouver | Canada
Ew, 32 players.

More on topic:
I only seem to get team switched after helping my team out in some way.
Iconic Irony
Bare Back Rough Rider
+189|5294|San Angelo, TX

Bevo wrote:

1. Don't die so much (well, hard to do when you're trying to get intel as a scoot, but still)
Yeah I'll try not to die so much in TF2........

Thats like saying "try not to catch the AIDS while having unprotected anal sex with a Brazilian tranny."

Bevo wrote:

2. Keep an eye on the scoreboard. As soon as you see the teams are imbalanced, go hide in a corner or run back to your base. Just wait 20 seconds for autobalance to do it's thing.
3. Dont play on 32 player servers and expect to capture the intel. Just out of curiosity, were you on Team Interrobang #2 24/7 2-Fort? It's a 32 player server 2fort based out of Dallas that I admin... we own 9 different servers, all Dallas based. Try out Team Interrobang #1 instead, it's payload and much more fun.
No, no, no and nah.  2 and 3 are fucking gay ass suggestions and I don't play nearly enough to care about any particular server.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6539|Austin, Texas

Iconic Irony wrote:

Bevo wrote:

Yeah I'll try not to die so much in TF2........

Thats like saying "try not to catch the AIDS while having unprotected anal sex with a Brazilian tranny."

Bevo wrote:

No, no, no and nah.  2 and 3 are fucking gay ass suggestions and I don't play nearly enough to care about any particular server.
K

enjoy getting autobalanced, I don't really care
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5783|Belgium
You sure do use a lot of Paris Hilton metaphores
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6288
I don't understand why you're shooting Bevo down like that. He just said the only way you can avoid the autobalance. Keep an eye on the scoreboard, and when the teams are unbalanced, don't die until they're autobalanced again.

It's literally the only sure-fire way to avoid it. I don't really understand why it's a "fucking gay ass suggestion". It's logic.
Iconic Irony
Bare Back Rough Rider
+189|5294|San Angelo, TX

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

I don't understand why you're shooting Bevo down like that. He just said the only way you can avoid the autobalance. Keep an eye on the scoreboard, and when the teams are unbalanced, don't die until they're autobalanced again.

It's literally the only sure-fire way to avoid it. I don't really understand why it's a "fucking gay ass suggestion". It's logic.
I'm just fucking with him, jeez, lighten up my man, it's all cool on the flippy-dong ya feel me strange?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6516

tf2, srs bsns

Last edited by burnzz (2009-12-14 14:17:53)

Spidery_Yoda
+399|6288
It's not my fault I have no idea whats going on
dill13
+67|6212

ive died to balance teams before as in the server killed me.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6421|dm_maidenhead

dill13 wrote:

ive died to balance teams before as in the server killed me.
Probably an admin changing your team.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6288
Me and lucien were trying to play yesterday, and I got teamswitched at least 4 times during the 2 maps we played. Once while alive.

It was just ridiculous.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6761|London

Dauntless has found:  Stainless Pot
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6288
Cool well done.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6487
Yeah, well I just crafted a Otolaryngologist's Mirror last night, and found a Baseball Bill's Sportshine, which while shitty can be used for crafting in the future.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6288
Not long after the crafting was introduced, I used up all the items i'd been collecting since May and crafted a Pyro Beanie .
Literally a day later I found a Pyro Beanie .

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2010-01-17 07:52:34)

Bevo
Nah
+718|6539|Austin, Texas

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Not long after the crafting was introduced, I used up all the items i'd been collecting since May and crafted a Pyro Beanie .
Literally a day later I found a Pyro Beanie .
When I heard about duplicates being used for crafting, I was like "meh". I play enough that i'll catch up eventually.

I still don't have enough items for a single refined metal. It seems like drops are getting lesser and lesser. I've played... at least 100-150 hours since the crafting update. At this rate it'll take me another 300-450 to get enough stuff to craft a soldier hat.

Shit's retarded.

(Side note: I have the Fedora, Ushanka, and Engineer's Cap so I'm not bitter, just annoyed)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard