Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5212|Sydney
Eat more caloric dense foods, lol.

The consensus from very knowledgeable people like Alan Aragon is that the distinction between "clean" and "dirty" foods is arbitrary. Whole foods are generally called "clean" whilst processed foods are considered "dirty", yet whey protein is a highly processed food and many people on so-called "clean diets" consume a lot of it.

It's more correct to look at the nutrient density and avoid trans fats or large quantities of saturated fat. Once you know your calorie and macro targets you can eat whatever you like as long as it helps you meet those targets. This is called "if it fits your macros" (IIFYM) and works fine.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6345

I need to start shoveling more food in as well. Lanky more than anything now at 172lbs/78kg, 6'3"
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6656|Little Bentcock
It's pretty dense I guess, but I'm still not putting on weight
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6139|eXtreme to the maX

Adams_BJ wrote:

I'm struggling to be able to eat enough food
Aha! Dilbert's opportunity to help in this thread has arrived.

Step 1. Eat faster than your body can realise you're full - there is a delay between being sated and the body recognising it. Fill those magic minutes with food.

Step 2. Eat all the time. Snack wherever and whenever possible.

Step 3. Eat high caloric value food. You need a mixture of simple and complex sugars to avoid the sugar high which knock you out and kills your appetite.

Step 4. Try to stay warm. Cold burns calories.

Step 5. Only exercise if you want to gain muscle and can increase your calorie intake to more than match.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Adams_BJ

Dilbert_X wrote:

Jaekus
+957|5212|Sydney

Dilbert_X wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

I'm struggling to be able to eat enough food

Step 1. Eat faster than your body can realise you're full - there is a delay between being sated and the body recognising it. Fill those magic minutes with food.

Step 2. Eat all the time. Snack wherever and whenever possible.

Step 3. Eat high caloric value food. You need a mixture of simple and complex sugars to avoid the sugar high which knock you out and kills your appetite.

Step 4. Try to stay warm. Cold burns calories.

Step 5. Only exercise if you want to gain muscle and can increase your calorie intake to more than match.
tl;dr eat at every Macca's you come to and when it's not summer wear extra clothes.
Adams_BJ
for dinner last night, lunch and dinner today, I've had a burrito stacked with beef, cheese, sour cream, rice and sauce. Yuuuummmmmyyyy
Jaekus
+957|5212|Sydney
Best idea is to eat whatever the fuck you want as long as you're hitting around 0.8g per lb minimum of protein and if you start getting a bit flabby around the gut just cut back on the cals a bit but maintain protein. You only really need to Nth this shit when you're getting cut and want to get cut as fuck. Make all kindzzzzzz of gainzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Adams_BJ

don't even know how I came across this, I wasn't watching workout videos at all.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6139|eXtreme to the maX
Step 6. Soft drinks. No idea how I missed that.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6186|what

Hard work and dedication:

https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5998|London, England

this guy on my facebook is bragging about the back pain hes getting from doing deadlifts

uh, im pretty sure that means you are doing them wrong bro
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Jaekus
+957|5212|Sydney
Deadlifts works the posterior chain. I often have sore back muscles a day or two after deadlifts, both upper and lower. Not sure if it's something to brag about though.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6186|what

Jaekus wrote:

Deadlifts works the posterior chain.
I didn't even know I had one of these!
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6345

Show us your erector spinae Reaps
Jaekus
+957|5212|Sydney

AussieReaper wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Deadlifts works the posterior chain.
I didn't even know I had one of these!
You do if you have the ability to sit and walk.
Adams_BJ
Ripped, bro.

also, schticky
Jaekus
+957|5212|Sydney

Adams_BJ wrote:

also, schticky
\o/
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6033|...

Mutantbear wrote:

this guy on my facebook is bragging about the back pain hes getting from doing deadlifts

uh, im pretty sure that means you are doing them wrong bro
pain and soreness are different ofcourse but they do kill your lower back. Take 531BBB for example, you're doing deadlifts once a week and around 80 of them in a single session. You'll be feeling that for days.
inane little opines
Jaekus
+957|5212|Sydney
I'm considering using lifting straps for my deadlifts. I feel like my grip starts to slip from sweat during the final half of my work set, making me take pauses and lose concentration on my form. I also feel my grip begins to fail.

I know powerlifters say you shouldn't use the, but that's because they can't use them in competitions. I'm doing this for fitness as well as aesthetics so I don't share the same perspective.
Adams_BJ
Are you going to do competitions? If not, use them, if you are, do
Jaekus
+957|5212|Sydney
That's my point, I'm not. Just pre-empting any comments that tell me to never use them

I'd like to get leather ones as they're apparently more comfortable and durable, but having a bit of a tricky time finding any in a colour other than fawn brown, ie. I prefer them in black.

Last edited by Jaekus (2013-01-21 22:49:29)

Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6033|...

Jaekus wrote:

I'm considering using lifting straps for my deadlifts. I feel like my grip starts to slip from sweat during the final half of my work set, making me take pauses and lose concentration on my form. I also feel my grip begins to fail.

I know powerlifters say you shouldn't use the, but that's because they can't use them in competitions. I'm doing this for fitness as well as aesthetics so I don't share the same perspective.
get chalk

and if you're into the whole aesthetics thing you might want to consider forearm size as well.
inane little opines
Jaekus
+957|5212|Sydney
Not sure if the gym will allow me to use chalk, though I have thought to ask.

My perspective is that my grip should not be the thing holding me back from an exercise that is primarily focused on working my posterior chain and back. I do see your point, though I feel my forearms get more of a workout on any pulling exercise like pull-ups or bent over rows.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6033|...
slipping because of sweaty palms has little to do with grip strength, don't use straps until your grip fails. Forearms definitely get worked more with heavy deads than pullups.

& yes, check with your gym. If they don't allow chalk well... do what you can.

Last edited by Shocking (2013-01-23 09:33:10)

inane little opines

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard