lowing
Banned
+1,662|6677|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Simply not true. There are literally dozens of options on every ballot. I believe there were eight or ten choices on the Presidential ballot alone.
But nobody votes for them because they never get elected so no-one votes for them so they never get elected.

Either you vote one way or the other, since only one of the two stands a chance of defeating the other.
Any other vote is wasted.

lowing wrote:

Don't worry, he is used to it by now and has grown accustomed and comfortable to spouting off without being able to back his opinions.
How are things in lowing-world?
Doing great, have a great job, paying my bills, enjoying my disposable cash. Thanks for asking.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5728|College Park, MD

Dilbert_X wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Simply not true. There are literally dozens of options on every ballot. I believe there were eight or ten choices on the Presidential ballot alone.
But nobody votes for them because they never get elected so no-one votes for them so they never get elected.

Either you vote one way or the other, since only one of the two stands a chance of defeating the other.
Hence why we should listen to that one Federalist paper that talked about how factions (parties) are dangerous to our country and stop subscribing to either "HURR I VOAT REPUBLIKAN" or "MOAR LIEK REPUBLICANT, VOTE DEMOCART"
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6132|eXtreme to the maX

lowing wrote:

Doing great, have a great job, paying my bills, enjoying my disposable cash. Thanks for asking.
And not giving a shit about anyone else - yes we know.

Hurricane wrote:

Hence why we should listen to that one Federalist paper that talked about how factions (parties) are dangerous to our country and stop subscribing to either "HURR I VOAT REPUBLIKAN" or "MOAR LIEK REPUBLICANT, VOTE DEMOCART"
Exactly, they are dangerous and anti-democratic.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6437|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Which is not what you said.

Dilbert_X wrote:

Only if you believe...

Dilbert_X wrote:

...this.

Also, don't forget that we don't have a Parliamentary system here, so an in-power party and an opposition party set up actually works just as well under our construct as multi-party/coalition governments do under a parliamentary system. That doesn't mean that we can't have more than the two parties represented (we do...at least in the House and have in Governorships and various local offices).
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6677|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

And not giving a shit about anyone else - yes we know.

Hurricane wrote:

Exactly, they are dangerous and anti-democratic.
I'm sorry, I already pay more than half of my income to taxes in one form or another. How much more do you suggest I give? Tell ya what, I will just go to work, and leave all my money to govt. and I will let them give me an allowance from my own earnings. That way, I can be assured that I will not make too much or enjoy more than my fair share. I mean forget the fact that I might have worked hard for what I have. Will that satisfy you?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard