Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5613|Vacationland

lowing wrote:

Narupug wrote:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/grigg/art-go … poster.jpg
Really lowing? A white supremacist killing planning for years and then killing a black guy isn't worse then a thug who tries to mug a guy but the guy puts up a fight so he kills him?  If you do not discourage racist behaviour it wil grow and fester because the punishment is no more then just doing something without a racist agenda, or is that what you want ?
Nope, I want ALL murderers put to death, equally. to say someone should be punished harder for killing a black guy over a white guy is nothing short of racist unto itself.
never said the guy was white
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

Narupug wrote:

lowing wrote:

Narupug wrote:

Really lowing? A white supremacist killing planning for years and then killing a black guy isn't worse then a thug who tries to mug a guy but the guy puts up a fight so he kills him?  If you do not discourage racist behaviour it wil grow and fester because the punishment is no more then just doing something without a racist agenda, or is that what you want ?
Nope, I want ALL murderers put to death, equally. to say someone should be punished harder for killing a black guy over a white guy is nothing short of racist unto itself.
never said the guy was white
this is a discussion about punishing based on race, I kinda thought it was understood.

and no racism does not fester if you do not punish it. It was not a fear of punishment that brought about civil rights. It was a change in attitude. A coming of age in our society. We started to grow the fuck up.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6732

Poseidon wrote:

So you think when people vandalize synagogues with nazi symbols they should only get charged with vandalism and trespassing?
The idea of a hate crime furthers seperate people.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

Cybargs wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

So you think when people vandalize synagogues with nazi symbols they should only get charged with vandalism and trespassing?
The idea of a hate crime furthers seperate people.
I believe this to be true as well.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6516|so randum

lowing wrote:

Narupug wrote:

So you kill someone, you get killed?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6723|67.222.138.85

Poseidon wrote:

Luckily, the founding fathers didn't see it that way
hahahaha

lowing wrote:

Sure, I believe in profiling 100%. I simply do not think that the crime itself is somehow worse because of race.
<3

It's bad enough when the people of a land are racist, it's just ridiculous when the law of the land is racist too.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6554|Long Island, New York
And this is what happens when people don't love you, FM. You can't even create arguments.
Flaming_Maniac
How do you argue against something that makes no sense? Where on earth did you get the idea that the founding fathers were proponents of first and second degree murder? Did I completely miss something in the Constitution?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

FatherTed wrote:

lowing wrote:

Narupug wrote:

nope, you commit murder and you get convicted BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT, you get put on death row and executed.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6516|so randum
K, just getting your standpoint.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Flaming_Maniac
I think something some of you are missing about lowing's argument is that when everyone is punished equally, it is at the more severe end. The point is not that someone that is charged of a hate crime is punished as if it was not a hate crime, but that anyone charged should be punished as if it was a hate crime.

No one is getting off easy because of equality, as that's what some of you seem to be acting like. Apologies to lowing if I got that wrong.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6513

lowing wrote:

nope, you commit murder and you get convicted BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT, you get put on death row and executed.
i had an instructor, in college, once say that if you were willing to throw the switch, pull the trigger, drop the rope - that you truly supported the death penalty.

i couldn't see doing as a full time job, but yeah, i'm pro death penalty.
and pro-choice, you can't have it both ways. unless you revel in your hypocrisy.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6554|Long Island, New York

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

How do you argue against something that makes no sense? Where on earth did you get the idea that the founding fathers were proponents of first and second degree murder? Did I completely miss something in the Constitution?
I suppose I can say it to you now: hahahaha.

Completely misunderstood everything I've been saying. Well done.

I guess your high school criminal justice and history education isn't so superior to my high school criminal justice and history education after all.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

I think something some of you are missing about lowing's argument is that when everyone is punished equally, it is at the more severe end. The point is not that someone that is charged of a hate crime is punished as if it was not a hate crime, but that anyone charged should be punished as if it was a hate crime.

No one is getting off easy because of equality, as that's what some of you seem to be acting like. Apologies to lowing if I got that wrong.
This is exactly what I mean.

One standard, and that standard is severe and should be expected by anyone and everyone who is up against it.
Flaming_Maniac
So again, what wisdom do the founding fathers have for us about double standards on criminal prosecution?

edit: That was your one free antagonizing response, as the one you allowed me. Now content.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5718|College Park, MD
hahah criminal justice
enjoy your mall cop job <3
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

burnzz wrote:

lowing wrote:

i had an instructor, in college, once say that if you were willing to throw the switch, pull the trigger, drop the rope - that you truly supported the death penalty.

i couldn't see doing as a full time job, but yeah, i'm pro death penalty.
and pro-choice, you can't have it both ways. unless you revel in your hypocrisy.
If I were in charge, I would allow the family of the victim to have the option of throwing the switch. I understand some would not want to, but there are those that want and need the last word and yes, revenge.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6791|Noizyland

lowing wrote:

If I were in charge, I would allow the family of the victim to have the option of throwing the switch. I understand some would not want to, but there are those that want and need the last word and yes, revenge.
I can honestly say that if someone killed a member of my family I would make absolutely sure that I killed that person myself. While your idea does something in the way of reflecting mine I don't think it's enough. With government intervention and control it takes something away from it I think. I'd much rather it be in an equal arena. There have been examples of why this isn't a good idea, an eye for an eye after all means that everyone winds up blinded but honestly it's something I believe in.

Funny considering the fact that I'm staunchly anti-death-penalty.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6722

Poseidon wrote:

Yes.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6675|BC, Canada

lowing wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

lowing wrote:

Yup.

What else would you want them charged with?
Committing a crime specifically because of who they are? aka...a hate crime

It's one thing to just attack someone. It's another thing to do it because they're black, white, latino, jewish, muslim, old, young, female, male, overweight, underweight, etc.

Obviously they can't tell if an attack is motivated by hate by a person's race/religion/etc unless they have proof. There luckily isn't thought police, so they need proof that there was. They're not going to charge 2 black guys who beat up a white guy with a hate crime just because they happened to be black and the victim happened to be white, they need proof.
it is my opinion that if you investigate a murder, the race of the victim or the murderer should not be relevant.
What if race is the motive, then it has to be relevant for you to have a case.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6169|what

I'll bet if the youths destroyed a war memorial you'd want them held to account greater than just a vandalism charge.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Flaming_Maniac

AussieReaper wrote:

I'll bet if the youths destroyed a war memorial you'd want them held to account greater than just a vandalism charge.
Or he would want the penalty for vandalism to be death by firing squad.

example ridiculous, essence of the point not
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6697|Disaster Free Zone

lowing wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

lowing wrote:

I'm going to use the Nicolas Cage in con-air defence to why thats stupid.
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6015|The Mitten

lowing wrote:

Nope, I want ALL murderers put to death, equally...
...Including people who shoot to kill in self defense, of themselves, home and/or property?
EE (hats
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6732

DrunkFace wrote:

lowing wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

I'm going to use the Nicolas Cage in con-air defence to why thats stupid.
Werd.

Death Pentalty is more like fail penalty. Nothing is "beyond a reasonable doubt". Look at OJ.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard