lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/08/20/mar … index.html

Now these 2 asshole teenagers beat a 76 year old man alomost to death.

I hope the fuckers get locked up for life if not sent to death row, since they are worthless anyway and I see every reason to take out the trash.

However I posted this because they are going to try and punish them MORE severely because they are white and the guy is black.

This tells me,  that if the victim was white it would have been a lesser crime since the punishment would not have been as severe.

Also, I have not heard of a vlack person being charged with a hate crime for a car jacking or a B&E, or rape etc.... Not saying it hasn't happened but if it has it has eluded me.

A crime is a crime, there is no need to catorgorize them by race. this in fact makes the supporters of such action the real racists.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York
So you think when people vandalize synagogues with nazi symbols they should only get charged with vandalism and trespassing?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Poseidon wrote:

So you think when people vandalize synagogues with nazi symbols they should only get charged with vandalism and trespassing?
Yup.

What else would you want them charged with?

Or are you now endorsing a thought police force?

Last edited by lowing (2009-08-20 17:04:06)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

lowing wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Yup.

Committing a crime specifically because of who they are? aka...a hate crime

It's one thing to just attack someone. It's another thing to do it because they're black, white, latino, jewish, muslim, old, young, female, male, overweight, underweight, etc.

Obviously they can't tell if an attack is motivated by hate by a person's race/religion/etc unless they have proof. There luckily isn't thought police, so they need proof that there was. They're not going to charge 2 black guys who beat up a white guy with a hate crime just because they happened to be black and the victim happened to be white, they need proof.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Poseidon wrote:

lowing wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Yup.

It's one thing to just attack someone. It's another thing to do it because they're black, white, latino, jewish, muslim, old, young, female, male, overweight, underweight, etc.

Obviously they can't tell if an attack is motivated by hate by a person's race/religion/etc unless they have proof. There luckily isn't thought police, so they need proof that there was. They're not going to charge 2 black guys who beat up a white guy with a hate crime just because they happened to be black and the victim happened to be white, they need proof.
it is my opinion that if you investigate a murder, the race of the victim or the murderer should not be relevant. The fact that the victim is JUST as dead and the murderer is JUST as much a murderer should mean that nothing extra should be added or detracted from the case.

I suppose you are suggesting killing for race is a worse killing than killing for your Air Jordans, or your car stereo? to me it is all the same. Unless there are different degrees of death based on race that I am unaware of.
If you kill someone, to me that is an automatic hate crime.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

lowing wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

lowing wrote:

Yup.

it is my opinion that if you investigate a murder, the race of the victim or the murderer should not be relevant. The fact that the victim is JUST as dead and the murderer is JUST as much a murderer should mean that nothing extra should be added or detracted from the case.

I suppose you are suggesting killing for race is a worse killing than killing for your Air Jordans, or your car stereo? to me it is all the same. Unless there are different degrees of death based on race that I am unaware of.
Then I guess you believe we should believe the degrees of murder as well? That it doesn't matter if it was premeditated or heat of the moment? And we should get rid of manslaughter, vehicular homicide, negligent homicide etc? I mean, they're dead and someone killed them. That's what you're saying. So we should just lump all that into one big "he done killed a guy" charge?
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6775|Noizyland

lowing wrote:

So if police are looking for suspects of a crime you reckon they should ignore evidence is that right? If a black man is killed in an area where there are groups of white supremasists you don't think that they are worth investigation.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Poseidon wrote:

lowing wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Then I guess you believe we should believe the degrees of murder as well? That it doesn't matter if it was premeditated or heat of the moment? And we should get rid of manslaughter, vehicular homicide, negligent homicide etc? I mean, they're dead and someone killed them. That's what you're saying. So we should just lump all that into one big "he done killed a guy" charge?
Yup all except manslaughter given the assumption it was an accident and the circumstances.

Premeditated or heat of the moment does not matter ( or should not matter) you still purposely killed someone.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Ty wrote:

lowing wrote:

So if police are looking for suspects of a crime you reckon they should ignore evidence is that right? If a black man is killed in an area where there are groups of white supremasists you don't think that they are worth investigation.
Sure, I believe in profiling 100%. I simply do not think that the crime itself is somehow worse because of race.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

lowing wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

lowing wrote:

Yup all except manslaughter given the assumption it was an accident and the circumstances.

Premeditated or heat of the moment does not matter ( or should not matter) you still purposely killed someone.
You really don't think someone should get charged more if they planned for months to kill someone rather than someone who lost their temper?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Poseidon wrote:

lowing wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

You really don't think someone should get charged more if they planned for months to kill someone rather than someone who lost their temper?
Nope. He should die just like the guy that lost his temper. If you can not control your temper, you are a danger to society, if you planned a murder for moths you are a danger to society.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5703|College Park, MD
Someone needs to invent terraforming so that Balitmore can be broken off of Maryland and sent to the middle of the Atlantic ocean. Baltimore ranks up there with Compton, Oakland, Richmond, Detroit, Baghdad and Kabul as places where I'd never live.

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2009-08-20 17:41:10)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
GateKeeper{NL}
+142|6370
No,

these peeps have to face the family of the victim.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

Reading the article this attack was racially motivated. Now I don't like the concept of charging people with hate hate crimes because I feel it could be easily exploited but if you are going to rail against hate crime law at least use a story where they are being mischarged with a hate crime and not obviously racist who attacked a person.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6775|Noizyland

lowing wrote:

Ty wrote:

lowing wrote:

Sure, I believe in profiling 100%. I simply do not think that the crime itself is somehow worse because of race.
Ah, I see.
I dunno though. If someone's willing to attack someone else to steal their car it means they at least want something. If someone attacks someone else for simply being a race that they don't like... I mean I don't want to sound sympathetic to criminals but wanting something you don't have is at least somewhat logical.
Attacking anyone is bad no matter what the reason, it still suggests a person who is willing to harm another for their own gain be it getting an item they want or satisfying their feeling of hatred. Trying to determine which one's worse is a bit pointless I agree.

I think the solution is to make any violent offence a "hate crime". Why not? If you're going to attack a person it's obvious that you hate them, even if it's just a feeling that passes after the booze wears off.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

lowing wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

lowing wrote:

Nope. He should die just like the guy that lost his temper. If you can not control your temper, you are a danger to society, if you planned a murder for moths you are a danger to society.
Luckily, the founding fathers didn't see it that way and nor does the very basis of our judicial system.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder#Fir … ond_degree

If you are going to lump first and second degree murder together, you might as well lump manslaughter in too. I thought intentions didn't matter? As long as you killed a guy, it's the same?
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6744|Reality
Good-ole-black-or-white-no-gray lowing !
Thankfully smarter people than you instituted the laws of your country.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

Macbeth wrote:

Reading the article this attack was racially motivated. Now I don't like the concept of charging people with hate hate crimes because I feel it could be easily exploited but if you are going to rail against hate crime law at least use a story where they are being mischarged with a hate crime and not obviously racist who attacked a person.
This is true. I do think a lot of the time, hate crimes are bullshit (and yes I agree that it seems most of the time, it's only when a white commits the crime that it's considered a hate crime). But this is clear-cut racism.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6775|Noizyland

I have to agree with Lowing on this one to a certain extent. There is a clause in New Zealand law that allowed for a muderer to claim that he/she was provoked. Essentially claiming this put the victim on trial which is awful, (thankfully after a recent case where a murdering shithead tried to pin the fault of stabbing his victim 206 times on the victim provoking him - can you believe that? - they are now talking abut removing this which is a good move by all accounts.) Someone loosing their temper and killing someone is no excuse. People need self control and if they lack it they are just as dangerous - even moreso - than the person planning a murder for months.

We don't have first and second degree murder here though. Murder is murder.

We're kind of going a bit off topic here gents...
[Blinking eyes thing]
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

Ty wrote:

I have to agree with Lowing on this one to a certain extent. There is a clause in New Zealand law that allowed for a muderer to claim that he/she was provoked. Essentially claiming this put the victim on trial which is awful, (thankfully after a recent case where a murdering shithead tried to pin the fault of stabbing his victim 206 times on the victim provoking him - can you believe that? - they are now talking abut removing this which is a good move by all accounts.) Someone loosing their temper and killing someone is no excuse. People need self control and if they lack it they are just as dangerous - even moreso - than the person planning a murder for months.

We've got what you described in the US 'Justice' system. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voluntary_manslaughter

I agree that lacking self control is just as if not more dangerous than a person committing premeditated murder.
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5598|Vacationland
https://www.lewrockwell.com/grigg/art-gop-fascism-poster.jpg
Really lowing? A white supremacist killing planning for years and then killing a black guy isn't worse then a thug who tries to mug a guy but the guy puts up a fight so he kills him?  If you do not discourage racist behaviour it wil grow and fester because the punishment is no more then just doing something without a racist agenda, or is that what you want ?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Ty wrote:

We've got what you described in the US 'Justice' system. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voluntary_manslaughter

I agree that lacking self control is just as if not more dangerous than a person committing premeditated murder.
There was a Law and Order: SVU case dealing with that specific charge actually. 6 year old kid dies (had rocks shoved down his throat..), they find out it was his friend who did it. He plays all innocent and they think nothing of him at first, but when the detectives interview people who knew the friend, they say he was sadistic and used to do stuff like burn cigarettes on his arm and smile. They eventually get the fingerprints from the friend off of a soda can when he was being questioned, but he acts all compassionate and sorry. They soon start to see what a sadistic kid he is in court and the father of the dead child sees him afterwards. The friend smiles at the dad and says "I'm so sorry about your son...". Father takes a court officer's gun and shoots the friend dead. He was eventually found not guilty because of the situation at hand and how his emotions made him think irrationally. The last line of the show ends with him telling the detectives: "You're right. I knew what I was doing. But there's a difference. He would've killed again. I won't."

Powerful shit, bro!
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

Poseidon wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Ty wrote:

There was a Law and Order: SVU case dealing with that specific charge actually. 6 year old kid dies (had rocks shoved down his throat..), they find out it was his friend who did it. He plays all innocent and they think nothing of him at first, but when the detectives interview people who knew the friend, they say he was sadistic and used to do stuff like burn cigarettes on his arm and smile. They eventually get the fingerprints from the friend off of a soda can when he was being questioned, but he acts all compassionate and sorry. They soon start to see what a sadistic kid he is in court and the father of the dead child sees him afterwards. The friend smiles at the dad and says "I'm so sorry about your son...". Father takes a court officer's gun and shoots the friend dead. He was eventually found not guilty because of the situation at hand and how his emotions made him think irrationally. The last line of the show ends with him telling the detectives: "You're right. I knew what I was doing. But there's a difference. He would've killed again. I won't."

Powerful shit, bro!
Yeah I remember seeing that, thing is the kid was a little shit so he had it coming. I know it's just a TV show but if it was real life, chances are the kid would've gone on to shoot up his school or rape women. While the dad probably should have served some time for it, he would've been doing the world a favor.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Narupug wrote:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/grigg/art-go … poster.jpg
Really lowing? A white supremacist killing planning for years and then killing a black guy isn't worse then a thug who tries to mug a guy but the guy puts up a fight so he kills him?  If you do not discourage racist behaviour it wil grow and fester because the punishment is no more then just doing something without a racist agenda, or is that what you want ?
Nope, I want ALL murderers put to death, equally. to say someone should be punished harder for killing a black guy over a white guy is nothing short of racist unto itself.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Stubbee wrote:

Good-ole-black-or-white-no-gray lowing !
Thankfully smarter people than you instituted the laws of your country.
God!!! I love my fan mail.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard