Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6123|eXtreme to the maX
I think the word everyone is looking for is 'deterrent'.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6731|US

[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi wrote:

I just don´t think it´s an good idea, bringing guns around the president and all that, all it takes is one deranged man to change history.
They never get near the President, if they have ANY type of weapon.
The Secret Service sets up a secure zone where only select security can have anything resembling a weapon.
The protestors set up outside of that zone.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6595|Columbus, OH
It was not a tactful way to demonstrate your right to bear arms, regardless if they were out in the public, outside of the convention center, and in their right to do so. State / Federal building prohibits firearms inside the buidling as well as private businesses like a convention center or local arcade. A gun owner with valid permit or conceal-carrying permit must adhere to the "NO FIREARMS PERMITTED INSIDE" if posted outside of the building.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6731|US

loubot wrote:

It was not a tactful way to demonstrate your right to bear arms, regardless if they were out in the public, outside of the convention center, and in their right to do so. State / Federal building prohibits firearms inside the buidling as well as private businesses like a convention center or local arcade. A gun owner with valid permit or conceal-carrying permit must adhere to the "NO FIREARMS PERMITTED INSIDE" if posted outside of the building.
That depends on the state.  Some allow firearms in state buildings.  Privately posted "no firearms" signs often need to meet specific visibility/formatting requirements to be "valid" for any criminal prosecution (although the owner can ask anyone to leave and charge them with tresspassing if they refuse.)
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6846|Grapevine, TX
UPDATE: It was big news a few weeks ago when a man showed up at an ObamaCare rally with a semi-automatic assault rifle slung over his shoulder and a pistol strapped on his hip.

Headlines screamed. News anchors were atwitter. And talk radio was abuzz.

Now it turns out the whole thing was just a radio stunt. A stunt by gun rights advocates, to be sure, but a stunt nonetheless.

Conservative talk radio host Ernest Hancock went on CNN and said he had been in the middle of interviewing Chris (no last name provided) when the news network’s cameras showed up. The two men have known each other for two years.

Rick Sanchez: The more we look into this, the more it appears that it was really planned.
Hancock: Oh, it’s more planned than you think.
Rick Sanchez: This was a publicity stunt.
Hancock: Oh, absolutely.

Unfortunately, the CNN interview has been removed from YouTube and replaced with a notice that says, “This video has been removed due to terms of use violation.”

See, this is one of the reasons we hate the media. The horrifying news of an armed racist at an Obama rally, a potential assassin targeting America’s first black president, spread across the media like wildfire.

But when the reality of the situation is revealed, the media finds it far less worthy of their valuable airtime and newsprint.

We’re embarrassed to have to find the truth at CNN and the Huffington Post.

Source: HuffingtonPost.com
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6360|California

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Me?  I don't think you'd catch me within 20 miles of the SCO.  He's a lying douche bag and I really can't stomach listening to/watching him on tv -so I'd probably puke if I saw him in person.
Someone should feel like a big boy now.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6731|US
Not surprising.  Of course it was a stunt.  The only question was how much and how planned it was.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6485

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

UPDATE: It was big news a few weeks ago when a man showed up at an ObamaCare rally with a semi-automatic assault rifle slung over his shoulder and a pistol strapped on his hip.

Headlines screamed. News anchors were atwitter. And talk radio was abuzz.

Now it turns out the whole thing was just a radio stunt. A stunt by gun rights advocates, to be sure, but a stunt nonetheless.

Conservative talk radio host Ernest Hancock went on CNN and said he had been in the middle of interviewing Chris (no last name provided) when the news network’s cameras showed up. The two men have known each other for two years.

Rick Sanchez: The more we look into this, the more it appears that it was really planned.
Hancock: Oh, it’s more planned than you think.
Rick Sanchez: This was a publicity stunt.
Hancock: Oh, absolutely.

Unfortunately, the CNN interview has been removed from YouTube and replaced with a notice that says, “This video has been removed due to terms of use violation.”

See, this is one of the reasons we hate the media. The horrifying news of an armed racist at an Obama rally, a potential assassin targeting America’s first black president, spread across the media like wildfire.

But when the reality of the situation is revealed, the media finds it far less worthy of their valuable airtime and newsprint.

We’re embarrassed to have to find the truth at CNN and the Huffington Post.

Source: HuffingtonPost.com
I was suspicious of that guy when he did an "on the spot" "interview" with a conservative blog and was able to repeat conservative talking points word for word without any gaff or even an "umm" or "uhh"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard