Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6792|Moscow, Russia

lowing wrote:

Violence in the name of Christianity (which Jesus did not teach or practice)
you was there? you knew jesus? how do you know all that?

lowing wrote:

violence in the name of Islam, (which Muhammad DID teach and practice).
same as above.

lowing wrote:

Finally I am glad we got that cleared up. I was wondering if you were ever going to get it.
no, dude, it's you who doesn't get it at all. nobody knows what jesus or muhammad tought or practiced - in fact, it doesn't matter at all. what followers of those respective religions beleave and practice depends entirely on the situation they find themselves in - what's written in them holy books doesn't mean shit. it was beleaved right - even nessecary - to murder people on a massive scale in the name of christianity once, and it will happen again if certain situation arises, regardless of what's written in the bloody bible, and the same goes for koran. tell me, is an axe evil? what about a gun? or gasoline? religion is the same - it's a tool, it can be used for different purposes, good or evil, but in itself its neither.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
xxCaptainBlackxx
♥♦♣♠♥♦♣
+47|6660|internet
There's only one way to end this shit with muslims...

https://www.vi-r-us.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/nuke.jpg

Last edited by xxCaptainBlackxx (2009-08-20 11:22:29)

FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6427|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

All the main religions, christianity, judaism, islam, have plenty of violence in them.
The current islamic extremism is simply a direct response to christian and jewish aggression against the moslem world.
If its a problem for you then look to yourself and think about the best path forward.

FEOS wrote:

Where the Old Testament and the New Testament conflict, the New Testament wins out.
Never really bought that argument.
Between the word of God and the opinions of his son and his mates I think I'd go with the big guy.
Doesn't matter if you agree with it or not, that's the way it is.

Unless you're Jewish, of course.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6688|UK

xxCaptainBlackxx wrote:

http://www.vi-r-us.com/wp-content/uploa … 4/nuke.jpg
hopefully Iran tosses some back at you. 

https://www.jakesjokes.com/gallery/albums/funnypics_forumstuff/normal_Nuke_Finger.jpg
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6668|USA

Ty wrote:

CameronPoe already did that on page eight. I believe you said:
You really wanna get into a quoting contest now?
You then offered a quote from one Ali Sina - a psudonym for the unknown person who runs "Faith Freedom International", a self-confessed anti-Islamic website. This is a person who offers such gems as "Obama is Hitler" and expresses his wish to have the President tried and electrocuted to death.

I'd advise you to check your sources.
and I believe I already addressed it.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6668|USA

Shahter wrote:

lowing wrote:

Violence in the name of Christianity (which Jesus did not teach or practice)
you was there? you knew jesus? how do you know all that?

lowing wrote:

violence in the name of Islam, (which Muhammad DID teach and practice).
same as above.

lowing wrote:

Finally I am glad we got that cleared up. I was wondering if you were ever going to get it.
no, dude, it's you who doesn't get it at all. nobody knows what jesus or muhammad tought or practiced - in fact, it doesn't matter at all. what followers of those respective religions beleave and practice depends entirely on the situation they find themselves in - what's written in them holy books doesn't mean shit. it was beleaved right - even nessecary - to murder people on a massive scale in the name of christianity once, and it will happen again if certain situation arises, regardless of what's written in the bloody bible, and the same goes for koran. tell me, is an axe evil? what about a gun? or gasoline? religion is the same - it's a tool, it can be used for different purposes, good or evil, but in itself its neither.
OK so I don't get it at all, and your argument is, I don't know Jesus, or Muhammad, I have never met them so I don't know anything? Really? You want to stick with that or do you want to change it?

I will assume you want to stick to that since after asking you ( all of you) to prove to me I am wrong, by producing evidence that Islam and Sharia Law is peaceful and tolerant which none of you have done yet, after I have shown that it is not.

Anyway, I am at a loss now since I am not allowed to have any opinions on people I do not know. Basically using your argument none of us can comment on Obama, Bin Laden, Bush, Reagan, Kennedy, Clinton etc..... except for maybe CameronPoe, I am sure he has had dinner with them all, except Bush and Reagan.

So where do we go from here since you have excluded anyone from commenting or forming opinions on anyone we have never personally met?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6668|USA

m3thod wrote:

xxCaptainBlackxx wrote:

http://www.vi-r-us.com/wp-content/uploa … 4/nuke.jpg
hopefully Iran tosses some back at you. 

http://www.jakesjokes.com/gallery/album … Finger.jpg
If they do, they will have to probably photoshop in the results.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6791|Noizyland

lowing wrote:

Ty wrote:

You really wanna get into a quoting contest now?
You then offered a quote from one Ali Sina - a psudonym for the unknown person who runs "Faith Freedom International", a self-confessed anti-Islamic website. This is a person who offers such gems as "Obama is Hitler" and expresses his wish to have the President tried and electrocuted to death.

You did? For my sake can you explain it again? I want to know how you justify basing your argument on the writings of a pseudonym who believes that your president should be electrocuted to death - among other completely pants-on-head retarded musings.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6668|USA

Ty wrote:

lowing wrote:

Ty wrote:

You did? For my sake can you explain it again? I want to know how you justify basing your argument on the writings of a pseudonym who believes that your president should be electrocuted to death - among other completely pants-on-head retarded musings.
One of Cam's references were of Jesus speaking as a king, not as himself in a story.

Some referred to what happens during "Armageddon", "The End of Days", The End of the World. Hardly the same context as what Muhammad speaks of when coming across a non-believer.

Another one spoke of the inevitable turmoil that will ensue within a family after a member of that family accepts Jesus.

Regardless, not a single one of them had Jesus speaking of harming another person, or taking up arms against their fellow man. NOT one.

Besides, I am not allowed to form opinions on the matter according to your co-debater Shahter, since I have never met the guys. (Yeah, he has been reduced to that bullshit argument.)

Last edited by lowing (2009-08-20 16:35:27)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6791|Noizyland

Ty wrote:

I want to know how you justify basing your argument on the writings of a pseudonym who believes that your president should be electrocuted to death - among other completely pants-on-head retarded musings.
Are you going to answer this or just go off on a tangent?
[Blinking eyes thing]
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6668|USA

Ty wrote:

Ty wrote:

I want to know how you justify basing your argument on the writings of a pseudonym who believes that your president should be electrocuted to death - among other completely pants-on-head retarded musings.
Are you going to answer this or just go off on a tangent?
sure, just because you do not like the source or agree with it or the author does not mean it is invalid.

Kinda sorta like you will never find an unbiased author on the topic of abortion and how right or wrong it is.

Do you honestly think he is the only one out there that thinks Jesus was peaqceful and Muhammad a fuckin' tyrant? Please tell me you do not think that.

I have never played and will never play that "biased source" bullshit. Address the contents not the author. If you disagree with it, debunk it do not try and discredit the author by side tracking the points made. If the points are invalid show it.

Last edited by lowing (2009-08-20 16:52:20)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6791|Noizyland

lowing wrote:

sure, just because you do not like the source or agree with it or the author does not mean it is invalid.
Now let me get this straight... when you find a source it doesn't matter to you who wrote it? This Ali Sina has no legitimacy whatsoever, he's not even a real person. I'm not saying the source is biased I'm saying it's completely and utterly worthless. This person, whoever he is, (and he claims to be an ex-Muslim Iranian living in Canada but as no-one has ever seen him I have my doubts,) is a crazy person and simply put you do not use crazy people as credible sources no matter what they're saying. You say "address the content not the author" - what bullshit is that? You're saying if David Irving wrote a book on the Wiemar Republic you wouldn't consider the fact that he's a Holocaust denier?
[Blinking eyes thing]
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6668|USA

Ty wrote:

lowing wrote:

Now let me get this straight... when you find a source it doesn't matter to you who wrote it? This Ali Sina has no legitimacy whatsoever, he's not even a real person. I'm not saying the source is biased I'm saying it's completely and utterly worthless. This person, whoever he is, (and he claims to be an ex-Muslim Iranian living in Canada but as no-one has ever seen him I have my doubts,) is a crazy person and simply put you do not use crazy people as credible sources no matter what they're saying. You say "address the content not the author" - what bullshit is that? You're saying if David Irving wrote a book on the Wiemar Republic you wouldn't consider the fact that he's a Holocaust denier?
I can honestly say i would not. since I have been posting on here I have never dismissed someones points because I disagreed with them or hated their source. I argue my points in return. To claim "bias" is a bullshit excuse not to address the points made, just like using "you're a racist" or you're generalizing" both are cheap bullshit last resort arguments that I refuse to engage in. discredit the information not the motive of the author.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6791|Noizyland

Man... I find that hard to answer with anything more than an open-mouthed stare. You are unbelievable.

Here I was thinking that a debate could reviel truths. You're now telling me that a debate is used to legitimise the views of madmen.
[Blinking eyes thing]
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6668|USA

Ty wrote:

Man... I find that hard to answer with anything more than an open-mouthed stare. You are unbelievable.

Here I was thinking that a debate could reviel truths. You're now telling me that a debate is used to legitimise the views of madmen.
Nope, I am saying even a "mad man" (opinion) can speak the truth. I don't need that guy, if you like there are plenty of sources out there that show Islam for what it is and what it teaches. Not hard to find at all. I suppose they are all biased though and therefore don't count?
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6791|Noizyland

Well no, of course they're not. But that once again comes down to interpretation. There are, as you say, "sources out there that show Islam for what it is and what it teaches" - obviously not all of these reach the same conclusion.

There are scholars who are actually legitimate who come to similar conclusions as our friend Ali Sina. However while Ali Sina is like yourself in coming to immovable concrete conclusions the legitmiate scholars acknowledge that their conclusions have been influenced by their own interpretations of the evidence not just by blind faith in their own opinons - as such they are acknowledging that some will interpret the same evidence differently. I think you'll find that even among those scholars who might be sympathetic to Ali Sina there are none who reach such drastic conclusions as "Islam is built on a foundation of violence".

I'm certainly glad to know that you don't need that guy though, if I were you I'd stay as far away from that guy as possible. He's a bloody psycho.
[Blinking eyes thing]
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6668|USA

Ty wrote:

Well no, of course they're not. But that once again comes down to interpretation. There are, as you say, "sources out there that show Islam for what it is and what it teaches" - obviously not all of these reach the same conclusion.

There are scholars who are actually legitimate who come to similar conclusions as our friend Ali Sina. However while Ali Sina is like yourself in coming to immovable concrete conclusions the legitimate scholars acknowledge that their conclusions have been influenced by their own interpretations of the evidence not just by blind faith in their own opinions - as such they are acknowledging that some will interpret the same evidence differently. I think you'll find that even among those scholars who might be sympathetic to Ali Sina there are none who reach such drastic conclusions as "Islam is built on a foundation of violence".

I'm certainly glad to know that you don't need that guy though, if I were you I'd stay as far away from that guy as possible. He's a bloody psycho.
Here is the thing, I am a meat and potatoes kind of person. I do not fall into PC. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck and looks like a duck I have no problem calling it a fuckin' duck. I couldn't care less if that opinion can be construed as being offensive or racial, or bigoted JUST for suggesting it, in lieu of an actual legitimate argument that the duck is not a duck.

Last edited by lowing (2009-08-20 19:14:40)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6791|Noizyland

lowing wrote:

Here is the thing, I am a meat and potatoes kind of person. I do not fall into PC. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck and looks like a duck I have no problem calling it a fuckin' duck. I couldn't care less if that opinion can be construed as being offensive or racial, or bigoted JUST for suggesting it in lieu of an actual legitimate argument that the duck is not a duck.
And that is 100% fine. However when you go as far to say that a religion is based on violence just by it's face value it obviously raises some issues.
I would never "defend" Islam because I felt that if I didn't I'd be a bigot, I'm like you, I call a duck a duck. However wheras you're content with that alone I ask things like "Why is that a duck, how did that come to be a duck, what kind of duck is it and what does that say about it?"

Aa-and now we're talking about ducks.

I'm just confusing myself with that analogy to be honest. What I mean is that I never come to a concrete conclusion on anything, it's partialy because for the last four years at University the one conclusion I've come to is that no-one knows anything for certain, (even mathematicians although they have it comparitivly easy.) Nothing is as simple as it's face value.

Islam shows itself to be violent and people do violent things in its name. That's face value. However when you ask things like "why is Islam violent?" and "how did it come to be violent?" the answer is not just "because it is".
[Blinking eyes thing]
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6668|USA

Ty wrote:

lowing wrote:

Here is the thing, I am a meat and potatoes kind of person. I do not fall into PC. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck and looks like a duck I have no problem calling it a fuckin' duck. I couldn't care less if that opinion can be construed as being offensive or racial, or bigoted JUST for suggesting it in lieu of an actual legitimate argument that the duck is not a duck.
And that is 100% fine. However when you go as far to say that a religion is based on violence just by it's face value it obviously raises some issues.
I would never "defend" Islam because I felt that if I didn't I'd be a bigot, I'm like you, I call a duck a duck. However wheras you're content with that alone I ask things like "Why is that a duck, how did that come to be a duck, what kind of duck is it and what does that say about it?"

Aa-and now we're talking about ducks.

I'm just confusing myself with that analogy to be honest. What I mean is that I never come to a concrete conclusion on anything, it's partialy because for the last four years at University the one conclusion I've come to is that no-one knows anything for certain, (even mathematicians although they have it comparitivly easy.) Nothing is as simple as it's face value.

Islam shows itself to be violent and people do violent things in its name. That's face value. However when you ask things like "why is Islam violent?" and "how did it come to be violent?" the answer is not just "because it is".
Well I agree with that, however, asking "why Islam is violent" is only a  question to be asked AFTER it is admitted that it is in fact violent. We are not there yet.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6791|Noizyland

Ah, good point. I think why your position is so strong is that it is illogical to start at the position "Islam is not violent" because that ignores the face value. Obvously that doesn't make much sense.

So okay, I'll agree that the place to start with Islam is to conceed that it is violent.

HOWEVER:

I think you can see that after looking at the many complicated factors of Islam and why it's face value is one of violence you can in turn conceed that it is certain people's interpretations of it which - whether correct or incorrect and I still say that there's no such thing - make it percieved as such rather than the deep and complicated core of the religion itself.
[Blinking eyes thing]
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6668|USA

Ty wrote:

Ah, good point. I think why your position is so strong is that it is illogical to start at the position "Islam is not violent" because that ignores the face value. Obvously that doesn't make much sense.

So okay, I'll agree that the place to start with Islam is to conceed that it is violent.

HOWEVER:

I think you can see that after looking at the many complicated factors of Islam and why it's face value is one of violence you can in turn conceed that it is certain people's interpretations of it which - whether correct or incorrect and I still say that there's no such thing - make it percieved as such rather than the deep and complicated core of the religion itself.
Yup I can, but the problem for me on a personal level, is, I do not care why it is so back asswards, and niether does the families of the people who die in its name. and much like the old saying goes, one bad apple spoils the bunch. I also feel that those that are "moderate" do little in the way of protest against beheadings, or mutilated bodies, or suicide bombers  but managed to gain the worlds attention when someone dared draw a cartoon of Muhammad.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6791|Noizyland

Okay, I think we've actually reached an amiable conclusion here. I feel like I should close this now in case someone wrecks it.

If it weren't for the difficulties regarding respective location I'd offer to buy you a beer, after three days, (for me at least,) I think we've earned it.

Unless you drink Budweiser of course, that's just going to start a whole 'nother shitfight.
[Blinking eyes thing]
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6668|USA

Ty wrote:

Okay, I think we've actually reached an amiable conclusion here. I feel like I should close this now in case someone wrecks it.

If it weren't for the difficulties regarding respective location I'd offer to buy you a beer, after three days, (for me at least,) I think we've earned it.

Unless you drink Budweiser of course, that's just going to start a whole 'nother shitfight.
Appreciate that, and no worries about Budweiser, too bitter for me. I will take a Corona with a lime, if you are out of Margaritas.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6827|Nårvei

lowing is actually pretty high on my list of people from bf2s I would really like to have a beer with
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6344

To fuckin late to add to the discussion other then a copy pasta, but I've been reading through Kmarions link and here is an interesting part:

The Muslim Game:

Bringing other religions down to the level of Islam is one of the most popular strategies of Muslim apologists when confronted with the spectacle of Islamic violence.  Remember Timothy McVeigh, the Oklahoma City bomber?  Why pick on Islam if other religions have the same problems?

The Truth:

Because they don’t.

Regardless of what his birth certificate may or may not have said, Timothy McVeigh was not a religious man (in fact, he was an atheist).  At no time did he credit his deeds to religion, quote Bible verses, or claim that he killed for God.

The so-called “members of other faiths” alluded to by Muslims are nearly always just nominal members who have no active involvement.  They are neither inspired by, nor do they credit religion as Muslim terrorists do, and this is what makes it a very different matter.

Islam is associated with Islamic terrorism because that is the association that the terrorists themselves choose to make.

Muslims who compare crime committed by people who happen to be nominal members of other religions to religious terror committed explicitly in the name of Islam are comparing apples to oranges.

Yes, some of the abortion clinic bombers were religious (as Muslims enjoy pointing out), but consider the scope of the problem.  There have been six deadly attacks over a 36 year period in the U.S.  Eight people died.  This is an average of one death every 4.5 years.

By contrast, Islamic terrorists staged nearly ten thousand deadly attacks in just the six years following September 11th, 2001.  If one goes back to 1971, when Muslim armies in Bangladesh began the mass slaughter of Hindus, through the years of Jihad in the Sudan, Kashmir and Algeria, and the present-day Sunni-Shia violence in Iraq, the number of innocents killed in the name of Islam probably exceeds five million over this same period.

In the last six years, there have been perhaps a dozen or so religiously-inspired killings by people of all other faiths combined.  No other religion produces the killing sprees that Islam does nearly every day of the year.  Neither do they have verses in their holy texts that arguably support it.  Nor do they have large groups across the globe dedicated to the mass murder of people who worship a different god, as the broader community of believers struggles with ambivalence and a radical clergy that supports the terror.

Muslims may like to pretend that other religions are just as subject to "misinterpretation" as is their “perfect” one, but the reality speaks of something far worse.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Pages … s-Play.htm

lowing wrote:

Ty wrote:

Appreciate that, and no worries about Budweiser, too bitter for me. I will take a Corona with a lime, if you are out of Margaritas.
Directed to Lowing:

Nothing against ya of course, I just happened to watch that about 10 minutes ago lol, great ad.

Last edited by Im_Dooomed (2009-08-21 02:52:25)

Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard