Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6821
we get a lot of posts in here as to how islam is a religion of violence, which is true to some extent.

however all three of the judeo-christian religions are rooted in violence, and it's amusing to see the willful omission and therefore underlying implications espoused by certain elements in these forums.

the bible wrote:

When my angel goes in front of you, and brings you to the Amorites ... you shall not bow down to their gods ... but utterly demolish them and break their pillars in pieces.... Little by little I will drive them out from before you, until you have increased and possess the land (Ex 23:23-33).

But as for the towns of these peoples that the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, you must not let anything that breathes remain alive. You shall annihilate them - the Hittites and the Amorites, the Canaanites ... - just as the Lord your God has commanded (Deut 20:16-17)

They did battle against Midian, as the Lord had commanded Moses, and killed every male (Num 31:7)

when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, in flaming fire, inflicting vengeance on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. (2 Thess 1:7-8)

[Christ will destroy] every ruler and every authority and power. For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet (1 Cor 15:25)
and so on and so forth.

judeo-christian religions are poison, islam is not an exception so much as the norm.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

Islam started 600 AD
Christianity 30 AD

They have some catching up to do.
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6821
they certainly do, especially in body count.

the crusades killed about 1.5 million people

the spanish inquisition killed between 30k and 300k

the colonization of both americas is an astronomical 100+ million, depending on how you add up the figures.

those muslims better get crackin on some suicide bombs if they want to catch up to those numbers.

one source
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5401
current times.  kthx.
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6821
the religion is the same, kthx
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5401

Krappyappy wrote:

k
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

Krappyappy wrote:

current times. kthnx.

Using religion as an excuse for them not to be civilized is just despicable.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5401
Krap:  you must be in another world if you think stoning women in 2009 because of religion is comparable to the crusades.

Last edited by Red Forman (2009-08-09 18:25:26)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Krappyappy wrote:

the colonization of both americas is an astronomical 100+ million, depending on how you add up the figures.[/url]
Really? .. and this is all the cause of Christianity? Queen Isabella's pigs killed more natives than the cross did.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6821
Some 69 percent of conservative Christians favor military action against Baghdad; 10 percentage points more than the U.S. adult population as a whole.
url

g.w.bush wrote:

god told me to invade iraq
url

christians today read the same bible that the crusaders did a thousand years ago, saying 'current times kthxbai' doesn't hide the fact that christianity is a religion of violence.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

Red Forman wrote:

Krap:  you must be in another world if you think stoning women in 2009 because of religion is comparable to the crusades.
tbh,

The Crusades were about power and money, stoning women to death is about prudishness and religion. The religious part of the Crusades where just an excuse to get idiots to go off to die in the desert.
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6821

Kmarion wrote:

Krappyappy wrote:

the colonization of both americas is an astronomical 100+ million, depending on how you add up the figures.[/url]
Really? .. and this is all the cause of Christianity? Queen Isabella's pigs killed more natives than the cross did.
it's sufficient to say that christianity was the crutch used to justify killing the natives and motivate the common soldiery. only fools would be so naive as to believe that religious ideology is ever the real reason behind any war.

today, just as every other time in history, religion is just a cover.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5401

Krappyappy wrote:

really?  so muslim men want their women covered up because they are gay?  and not because of religion right?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Krappyappy wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Krappyappy wrote:

it's sufficient to say that christianity was the crutch used to justify killing the natives and motivate the common soldiery. only fools would be so naive as to believe that religious ideology is ever the real reason behind any war.

The number of 100+million blurs the line between disease and violence. Intent is important even though the results are the same.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6821

Red Forman wrote:

some stupid non-sequiter
they use religion to recruit soldiers and add moral justification for killing, same as everyone else.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5401

Krappyappy wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

some stupid non-sequiter
some stupid non-sequiter
thanks, champ
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6821

Kmarion wrote:

Krappyappy wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

The number of 100+million blurs the line between disease and violence. Intent is important even though the results are the same.
i hadn't realized i would be required to break out the native american census from 1585. so how many people would you estimate died from violence? let's chop the figure in half and say 50 million, that's equivalent to the total death toll from ww2.

how does this even make any difference?
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6821

Red Forman wrote:

Krappyappy wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

some stupid non-sequiter
some stupid non-sequiter
thanks, champ
you're welcome, sport.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Krappyappy wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Krappyappy wrote:

i hadn't realized i would be required to break out the native american census from 1585. so how many people would you estimate died from violence? let's chop the figure in half and say 50 million, that's equivalent to the total death toll from ww2.

how does this even make any difference?
Accuracy isn't important? You're just throwing numbers out. JFC you killed off an extra 50 million for the hell of it..

look accuracy isn't important to me neither..
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/index.html#Attacks
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6821
seeing as how accuracy is next to impossible in this situation, no, it's not important.

christianity, judaism, and islam are all responsible for millions of deaths, what do i care how many million? i'm not here to rank order them by lethality.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Well in that case.. I agree organized religion is a tool. If it was nonexistent man would simply find another tool to satisfy it's need to control others.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6821
the violent content is inherent in the scripture, if everyone studied them in isolation without being organized some people would still come to the same conclusion.

it makes no difference if it's organized or not.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Krappyappy wrote:

the violent content is inherent in the scripture, if everyone studied them in isolation without being organized some people would still come to the same conclusion.

it makes no difference if it's organized or not.
Sure it does.. look behind and understand the reasoning. The majority of soulful people who don't feel the need to congregate behind a flag or cross.. they generally aren't the one's killing in the name of a god. Have you read the new testament? Most Christians follow it.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6821
to be sure organized groups use religion to justify their actions.

but if the religion didn't already have the violent themes inherently embedded, they'd have a hell of a time using it to justify anything.

and if no one was organized, there would still be people who take the violent messages to heart and do stupid shit.

i did quote the new testament in the OP. thankfully most 'christians' don't follow that.

Last edited by Krappyappy (2009-08-09 19:05:04)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

People do stupid shit for all kinds of reason.. It certainly isn't a religion exclusive. I maintain that the real problem is derived from another person, or group of persons telling you how to interpret the message. Scripture, for the most part, is allegorical. I've never seen or heard of a literalist that didn't have an affiliation with a religions organization or cult.
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard