Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6718
Do what I did. Spend a few hours rolling coins or bring them to a bank that will exchange them for cash.

I just rolled $102.00 in coins I would have otherwise never touched.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/9663/%24100.jpg

Last edited by Superior Mind (2009-08-04 14:38:33)

SamBo:D
Banned
+236|5523|England
Rolled coins?
ICCULUS
Free Sam, Ban Finray.
+418|5450|Athens, GA
nice scale
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6718

ph1shman420 wrote:

nice scale
Gotta weigh that shit out.

SamBo:D wrote:

Rolled coins?
Coins stacked and covered in paper.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2009-08-04 14:40:16)

SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6685|The darkside of Denver

ph1shman420 wrote:

nice scale
^ this.  Daddy sellin blow?
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6718

SonderKommando wrote:

ph1shman420 wrote:

nice scale
^ this.  Daddy sellin blow?
Not in this decade.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6627|132 and Bush

Superior Mind wrote:

Amazing.. thx for sharing
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6718

Kmarion wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

Amazing.. thx for sharing
He seemed confused about what it was. lol
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6594|Mountains of NC

I scoop them in a huge bucket and take them to the grocery store, they have that coin sorter machine - I dump the coins, they count every thing, total it up for me ( minus a small % for the machine ) out pops a slip of paper that I take to the office and they had me cash - then its off to the strip joint to keep single moms employed
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
SamBo:D
Banned
+236|5523|England
Why would you do that?  Just put them in a bag
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6718

SamBo:D wrote:

Why would you do that?  Just put them in a bag
I like rolling coins and going through them; picking out the old ones and rare ones.
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6215|Canada

That's what I did yesterday, rolled up all my coins. Not as much as you, but way more than I expected
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6718
And just like that... *BING*
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/9663/%24102.jpg

Last edited by Superior Mind (2009-08-04 15:13:01)

ICCULUS
Free Sam, Ban Finray.
+418|5450|Athens, GA
sick brag. go buy somethin to throw on that scale
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6658

you cant buy dicks, or can you?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5611

Cheap hooker, go go go.
ICCULUS
Free Sam, Ban Finray.
+418|5450|Athens, GA
i was thinking more of a fatty quarter of some nyc diesel
The_killer2
hai
+36|6202|North Carolina
Money threads dont work out to well.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=128694

lol
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6697|UK
lots of sharpnel is indicative of someone who's always spending a lot of moolah and has lots of junk in their home.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
OxenBreeder
+46|5792|KTRI
I started saving my change from lunch, back in my high school days 25+ years ago. Lunch cost .90, so everyday I took home a dime. I eventually saved enough to buy my first camera, a Pentax K1000. The camera cost $135 when I bought it, I believe in '84. Seems like I saved for 1 1/2 years, something like that.

I wont use a Coinstar machine, not when I'm taking $300-$500 in change, I'm not giving them 8%-10% of that amount. I always take mine to the bank rolled. It might take an hour to roll them, but well worth saving $30-$50 that Coinstar would get. I changed banks a few years ago, and my current bank doesn't have a machine, but ask your bank if they have a counting machine. If they do, good chance they'll do it for you for free, being their customer, or at least they should. My previous bank would do it Tuesdays and Thursdays only. Said it had to do with the vending machine guys using it on the other days.

Anyway, over the years, I've taken $500 in quarters and dimes, and made 1/4 of my down payment on a new car. Car repairs over the years have partially been paid for with change, car insurance many times, car payments, tires for a car, paid down my credit cards, paid one off totally with a change run to the bank.

My first laptop which I recently dropped and broke the screen, about $260 of the $400 cost was made with saved change. It's replacement, which I'm on now, I took $90 in quarters to help pay for part of it just last week.

I'd say I average $1.00/day that I drop in my change buckets. $365/year, every 2 years I could rebuild a nice gaming rig, eh?

Save your change people, it can help out in a pinch, or to just blow it on a new toy.

Edit: When I looked back at the op's pic, reminded me that I paid 100% for my LCD (Samsung T190) back when Circuit City went out of business earlier this year.

Last edited by OxenBreeder (2009-08-04 19:06:46)

ICCULUS
Free Sam, Ban Finray.
+418|5450|Athens, GA
ya i have a big ass jar full of change. gonna save it til its full tho. i think my credit union has a change machine that doesnt charge a %
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6523

OxenBreeder wrote:

Edit: When I looked back at the op's pic, reminded me that I paid 100% for my LCD (Samsung T190) back when Circuit City went out of business earlier this year.
i remember your "ohshi-" thread, and i think you still can salvage that laptop. i've had to do it twice, this year.
anyways, i got me a Canon XSi (450d) when CC went belly up. i just read the copper in a penny's actually worth 2c. {where the fuck did the "c" for cent key go on my keyboard, and when did it leave?}. i got 50 lbs. in a 5 gallon waterjug - i will pay the 8% to have those little Lincoln fuckers sorted from coinstar.
OxenBreeder
+46|5792|KTRI

burnzz wrote:

i remember your "ohshi-" thread, and i think you still can salvage that laptop. i've had to do it twice, this year.
anyways, i got me a Canon XSi (450d) when CC went belly up.
yeah I fubar'd it good, my own fault though. Everything still works on it, so I think I'm going to just hook it (laptop) to a friends old LCD and use it as an rFactor server.  Only bad part about doing that, my desktop is XP, and the laptop is Vista, so I can't use remote desktop to set up the server. I was reading that you can't remote from XP to Vista? Someone correct me if that's wrong. No biggy though, can still use friends old LCD to set the server up.

Nice purchase on the Canon XSi.

My next cash in, is going to rebuild my ancient P4 desktop. The $90 I put towards the laptop replacement was going to be towards the rebuild. It'll still get built just a bit slower now.

i just read the copper in a penny's actually worth 2c.
Only in America huh?

i got 50 lbs. in a 5 gallon waterjug - i will pay the 8% to have those little Lincoln fuckers sorted from coinstar.
And yeah, pennies are about worth the 8%-10% fee they charge. I've got some plastic containers that I bought years ago, they have graduated marks on them, that show how much change you have per container. All I have to do is fill them up to the top slot, kick out any extra, slide a wrapper down the tube, push the coins in, voila!
VicktorVauhn
+319|6418|Southern California

The_killer2 wrote:

Money threads dont work out to well.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=128694

lol
This one is no where near as stupid/look at me as your thread.

Not many people try and play baller with change.
Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5962
Wow, now when I think back on all those coins I see laying around the house that nobody in the family ever touches, I think I could have a good 20 francs or so.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard