Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6486

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Yeah I know. Like I said, all Medic changes have apparently been rejected by the playtesters so far.

I could happy live with the damage reductions of both weapons, but the health loses are downright unacceptable. So if they do turn out to be one of those, it should be the damage reduction one.
Beta #2 blutsauger seems fair though, you're trading damaging them for healing yourself, meaning that it's worse in a straight up fight but better for getting some extra health.
Kez
+778|5721|London, UK
I don't understand this, is this getting implemented into normal TF2, therefore changing and adding stuff in that will affect all players, or will it be like another game for pr0s and clans?
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6288
It'll be added into the game.

Some of it already has been. The Sandman and Force-a-Nature changes were both in this beta before being released in the classless update.

A good deal of these changes (the spy suits) would have zero place in competitive play, so its not for them.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6486

I want the PDQ
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6489
i want to kill myself

i own youz all at tf2
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6288
1:20 - Sandvich throwing!

I also approve of the Overhealer. Should be fun to try. And overpowered in arena. Just buff everyone before the round starts then switch classes again.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6489
yay more fun gimmicks for me to use and find mildly entertaining for one week of gameplay

.... which will invariably end up altering the gameplay and balance of the game, making it even more of a mess.

... but which will inevitably entertain skill-less fucks like spidery yoda to no end

... then resulting incontrovertibly in steam developing the game into an even shittier state because of the demand of steam-forum camping fucktards
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6482|cuntshitlake

Uzique wrote:

... but which will inevitably entertain skill-less fucks like spidery yoda to no end
Flamebait spotted
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6420|dm_maidenhead

Uzique wrote:

yay more fun gimmicks for me to use and find mildly entertaining for one week of gameplay

.... which will invariably end up altering the gameplay and balance of the game, making it even more of a mess.

... then resulting incontrovertibly in steam developing the game into an even shittier state because of the demand of steam-forum camping fucktards
What are you talking about?

These new changes are being created and tested by your oh-so-beloved competitive players from 'pro' teams in a closed beta.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6288

Uzique wrote:

Are you talking about the Sandvich throwing? Because there have been many occasions where I could've saved my Medic's life by giving him my Sandvich but was not able to. In fact i've even thought to myself before: "if only I could've thrown him my Sandvich, i'm not using it". (Before switching to the Shotgun for good that is)

In fact once I even commited suicide so I could drop my Sandvich for my Medic. He had an almost full Uber and would've died otherwise. His life was more valuable than mine (or anyone on the team) at that time. So bring on the throwable sandviches I say.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-09-13 16:02:29)

teek22
Add "teek22" on your PS3 fools!
+133|6399|Bromley, London

yes....wooo........

Well this looks kl.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6489

Peter wrote:

Uzique wrote:

What are you talking about?

These new changes are being created and tested by your oh-so-beloved competitive players from 'pro' teams in a closed beta.
nope, no its not.

my "beloved" mates were used to address some issues with sticky splash damage and overhauling the FaN to make it viable for comp. play.

you think they're sat testing world of fortresscraft's new epic items? they have better things to do. the competitive scene for tf2 is basically dead. we all play quake live for most of the day, they only play league fixtures now.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6486
Zeek just likes to complain, let him to his self imposed pain.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6489
yeah ok.

you honestly tell me you're happy with the long-term prospective effects of those changes?

when all of this shit goes live, you'll be playing a totally different game.

i do apologise for enjoying what tf2 represented and for actively supporting the competitive scene that the great team-game developed.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6288

Uzique wrote:

when all of this shit goes live, you'll be playing a totally different game.
Watching that video made me realise that there really isn''t much changing. Gloves allowing the Heavy to walk faster while out of combat, a wrench that allows the Engy to build Lvl 1 Sentries faster, and some retarded suits for the Spy that only Backburner-Pyro type people will use and thats it. Oh and throwable Sandviches.

While I have lost a lot of the faith I had in the team after all this hats nonsense, I don't think these changes are anywhere near as big as any of the 'major' updates. But then again, the whole weapon rarity chart thing hasn't been clarified yet so there's still that to worry about.
teek22
Add "teek22" on your PS3 fools!
+133|6399|Bromley, London

new update for TF2. They made it so the heavy can chuck his sanvich. And they made some changes to the medic blutslaughter!
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6288
From their incredibly long-winded Medic + Blutsauger explaination, I came to the following conclusion:

Blut is identical to before, except it can now crit.
Syringe Gun now gives you an extra +2 health regen.

Is that correct?

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-09-15 16:07:07)

dill13
+67|6212

no it still cant crit and gives you two less health regen/sec
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6288
Read it more carefully. The Medic now has a higher regen rate of +3hp/s instead of +1hp/s, and the Blutsauger has a -2Hp/s health drain added.

So basically the Blut hasn't changed and the SG got a buff. But apparently Valve decided it would be better to explain it in an overcomplicated manner to confuse people.

Oh and apparently the -2Hp/s doesn't actually exist at the moment so the Blut is a megaweapon.

Edit:

New Sandvich is awesome. 300Hp with a left click over the 3-4 seconds, or instant 150Hp by dropping it on the ground with right click.

So you have a 'behind cover' Sandvich that gives you full health in one go, or a 'retreat while healing' Sandvich that is one use and gives you 150Hp.

Plus you can give it to burning team mates. I might actually make the switch from the Shotgun now

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-09-15 17:52:06)

Spidery_Yoda
+399|6288
Nevermind they fixed the Blutsauger last night. So now you can choose between health when you shoot people, or more passive health per second.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6174|Vancouver | Canada

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Nevermind they fixed the Blutsauger last night. So now you can choose between health when you shoot people, or more passive health per second.
I'm usually stuck with incompetent people, so active health regen > passive.
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|6002|Perth, Australia
Anyone else noticed that sometimes when a medic heals you, the overheal doesn't decay? It happened to me a couple of times on a server i was playing on last night.

I remember reading something about changes to the medigun (although it may have just been someone's idea) on the steam forums and was wondering if anyone knew anything about it.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6288
There is a medigun in the works that gives out overheal that doesn't decay, but its not in the game yet. That must've been a bug or something, it's happened to me once before.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6288
The Spy Fire suit in the game files.

https://img51.imageshack.us/img51/8383/ofiresuitlarge.jpg

Dun dun dunnnn.

https://img519.imageshack.us/img519/5808/ofiresuitgcf.jpg

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-12-31 14:01:31)

dill13
+67|6212

please god no unless it only does like 20% mitigation and removes the pistol.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard