lowing
Banned
+1,662|6674|USA

Bevo wrote:

lowing wrote:

maybe you need to come to grips with your posts, maybe you did not mean to expose yourself like this, but hey you are honest. Time you should deal with your own honesty.
Did I say they were any less of a person? Surely my choice of words wasn't cushy enough for you. People need to deal with the truth, and it is damn well the truth. Words like "large" and "hefty" only try to comfort people and it does no good. I do understand that some people have medical conditions and/or genes that they simply can't erase, but this is not the case for your average american. There's so much made-up bullshit in there like all the kids "suffering" from ADD.

Maybe you can't grasp this, but it's a little bit of a personal issue. Do you know how hard it is to watch people in your family gain weight and deal with it? My dad is overweight and I watch him struggle with it almost daily. He can't work outside as long because he tires quickly. Sometimes he skips meals because he thinks it will help him lose weight. He has health issues and it will probably kill him early in life. My sister is starting to gain weight too - hell, do you think I want her to end up like him?

Now, this taxing thing is stupid, like I said. But saying "fat people hurt nobody but themselves" is complete bullshit.
Surely you can see the difference in the physical context of which I used the term "hurt". Compared to second hand smoke, and the reasoning for taxing fat people.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6668
there should be a new thing, like if u were to eat sweet stuff u would get ten lashes before you could buy any... raising or taxing stuff wont make a difference... people would still buy...
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6523|so randum
my issue with tubbies and planes is that they get the same baggage allowance as me, yet they weight quite a bit more than my bag anyway. And on planes weight=money.

i already have to pay for excess baggage, so lardy up there should be paying for excess...him
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6708|Espoo, Finland

FatherTed wrote:

my issue with tubbies and planes is that they get the same baggage allowance as me, yet they weight quite a bit more than my bag anyway. And on planes weight=money.

i already have to pay for excess baggage, so lardy up there should be paying for excess...him
How big percentage of the passengers are so overweight that it would make any difference what so ever to the price of the tickets?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6523|so randum

Gawwad wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

How big percentage of the passengers are so overweight that it would make any difference what so ever to the price of the tickets?
don't care, it's just a little personal annoyance. real world it probably doesnt make any difference on my 30 minute jaunt across the irish sea.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
mikkel
+383|6624

FatherTed wrote:

I'm sure there's a midget somewhere thinking the same about you.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6523|so randum

mikkel wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

im no giant 5'10ish and 12st
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6571|San Diego, CA, USA
Man I remember a 5 hour flight stuck in the middle seat when I was 275 lbs...Its no fun for me either.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6434|'Murka

Gawwad wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

I'm sure the airlines could charge by the pound-mile. They know exactly how much it costs to move one pound one mile in their aircraft.

mikkel wrote:

They prefer to be called "little people" you insensitive limey. If you're moving to the US, you better get your PC shit together, mister.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
I know you're not British

Harmor wrote:

Man I remember a 5 hour flight stuck in the middle seat when I was 275 lbs...Its no fun for me either.
Unless you are outweighed by Michael Jackson, there's no such thing as a comfortable middle seat.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard