Swan
The town bike
+54|5459
Do agree that people tend to be less racially aware in areas where they do NOT actually live with large populations of different races?

Racially aware. Recognizing that there are differences. I do not mean hatred.

I think so.
Longbow
+163|6659|Odessa, Ukraine
Barely any rasists here, exept for skingead nazi douchebags. Most of population are white slavs though.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5762|شمال
I don't believe in racism. I always tend to come up with an explanation.
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5598

I have slept with just about every race except black. Honestly really not too big a fan of them and would prefer to not live near them. For me every black sterotype relating to crime, drugs, etc. has turned out to be true. Have no problem with any other race.
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6832
so... you're saying that people who don't live around people of other races are more likely to think everyone's the same?

and people who live near other races tend to see more differences between races?

this is a canned question.

if you live near lots of people of different races, you will know more about them. this includes both the aspects of other races that are different, and those that are shared across races/cultures.

everyone knows that black people are different from white people. a white guy who lives in harlem might be better able to tell you HOW they are different, but not necessarily MORE LIKELY to do so than a white guy in iowa.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6661

Macbeth wrote:

I have slept with just about every race except black. Honestly really not too big a fan of them and would prefer to not live near them. For me every black sterotype relating to crime, drugs, etc. has turned out to be true. Have no problem with any other race.
LOL, that's probably the most racist thing anyones ever posted on here.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6633|London, England
I can't wait to bang a Latino chick
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5598

@mek make sure you wrap it up. Spanish girls are like nile river after a flood fertile.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5714|College Park, MD
Yeah this is kind of a no shit question. And what do you mean by differences? Wasn't the whole point of the civil rights movement to show that we're pretty much all the same?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Swan
The town bike
+54|5459

Krappyappy wrote:

so... you're saying that people who don't live around people of other races are more likely to think everyone's the same?

and people who live near other races tend to see more differences between races?

if you live near lots of people of different races, you will know more about them. this includes both the aspects of other races that are different, and those that are shared across races/cultures.

everyone knows that black people are different from white people. a white guy who lives in harlem might be better able to tell you HOW they are different, but not necessarily MORE LIKELY to do so than a white guy in iowa.
Sure it is a canned question. Let me clarify what I mean by sharing a perception of mine:

I find that those people who are always crying "love, peace, birds, we are all the same and there are no differences between us" are always people who never actually lived near, or interacted with other races.

What I am trying to say in some way is that "if you don't have any experience with other races, you should probably shut the fuck up about racism since you don't know dick".
ghettoperson
+1,943|6661

Swan wrote:

Krappyappy wrote:

Sure it is a canned question. Let me clarify what I mean by sharing a perception of mine:

I find that those people who are always crying "love, peace, birds, we are all the same and there are no differences between us" are always people who never actually lived near, or interacted with other races.

What I am trying to say in some way is that "if you don't have any experience with other races, you should probably shut the fuck up about racism since you don't know dick".
Interesting you should say that, I find the exact opposite. All the people that are racists generally have no experience of the other race, or had a bad experience once so then think that 'they' are all like that.

Since the age of 4 I've been primarily to international schools where I've met and visited the home countries of people from all over the world, and I can safely say that you can't classify all people as being one way.
Swan
The town bike
+54|5459

ghettoperson wrote:

Swan wrote:

Krappyappy wrote:

Interesting you should say that, I find the exact opposite. All the people that are racists generally have no experience of the other race, or had a bad experience once so then think that 'they' are all like that.

Since the age of 4 I've been primarily to international schools where I've met and visited the home countries of people from all over the world, and I can safely say that you can't classify all people as being one way.
American black people went your school? Was this is a school where rich parents put their kids?

Last edited by Swan (2009-07-24 09:04:41)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6661

Oh, so it's just an American black people are different, everyone else is the same thing? Gotcha...

Sure there were black Americans at the schools. They were private schools, but they were primarily paid for by the parents businesses, so you didn't need to be rich to go.

And before you go off about how that's different, I've met poor black Americans, Africans, and from many other cultures, and they are not all gang banging douchebags.

EDIT: Stop it with the anonymous karma you cunts. I don't give a fuck what you say, I just hate trying to figure out who said it.

Last edited by ghettoperson (2009-07-24 09:10:31)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5598

If ony there was a way to keep different races seperate from each other but under equal circumstances.
Swan
The town bike
+54|5459

ghettoperson wrote:

Oh, so it's just an American black people are different, everyone else is the same thing? Gotcha...

Sure there were black Americans at the schools. They were private schools, but they were primarily paid for by the parents businesses, so you didn't need to be rich to go.

And before you go off about how that's different, I've met poor black Americans, Africans, and from many other cultures, and they are not all gang banging douchebags.

EDIT: Stop it with the anonymous karma you cunts. I don't give a fuck what you say, I just hate trying to figure out who said it.
I find that your answer is very convenient.  Where did you meet poor Black Americans? One time? How many?
Beduin
+510|5762|شمال

Swan wrote:

Where did you meet poor Black Americans? One time? How many?
Hold on m8... Whats your point?
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
ghettoperson
+1,943|6661

Beduin wrote:

Swan wrote:

Because I have an answer that doesn't fit in with his world view, I must be lying.

FYI, it was in the States.
Swan
The town bike
+54|5459

Beduin wrote:

Swan wrote:

I have no beef with Persians
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6594|SE London

Swan wrote:

Krappyappy wrote:

I'd say that's complete rubbish.

Care to give some examples to demonstrate your point.

Personally, I live in New Cross, which has a huge black population. We don't stand for any racism round here.
Swan
The town bike
+54|5459

Bertster7 wrote:

Swan wrote:

Krappyappy wrote:

Personally, I live in New Cross, which has a huge black population. We don't stand for any racism round here.
Uhm, we apparently have a huge fire ant  population here, but I never interact with any of them.

edited ... perhaps Europeans live in Utopia. Responses from Americans only please.

Last edited by Swan (2009-07-24 09:59:11)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6661

This is amusing, since no one agrees with you you only want the views of people other than us.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6594|SE London

Swan wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Swan wrote:

Uhm, we apparently have a huge fire ant  population here, but I never interact with any of them.
So you're comparing black people to ants?

Classy.

I do interact with them, though. Some I get on well with, some not so much, just like most groups of people.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6855|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Well, some of my friends and a lot of my coworkers make racist jokes all the time, and so do I, that's all just fun and dandy.

Total black population in Iceland is probably under 100 people.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6661

Actually, I'm probably one of about 100 (if that) white guys out of 2000 employees at my work. As Bert said, some are great guys, some can be dicks.
Beduin
+510|5762|شمال

Swan wrote:

Beduin wrote:

Swan wrote:

I have no beef with Persians
Have you been outside your hole lately?
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard