What are your thoughts on the Cannibis Debate? [NON-SMOKERS ONLY]

Cannabis should NOT be legalized34%34% - 34
Cannabis should be legalized61%61% - 60
In my country it's legal - LOL @ AMERICA!4%4% - 4
Total: 98
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6233|Phoenix, AZ
Please only answer if you don't frequently smoke cannabis (less than once a month)

I thought I would post this as more of a general population poll - - -

Each side of the Cannabis has a strong stereotype...

On one side you have the lazy stoner that wants his "pot" legal simply so he can smoke more of it with no worry of being arrested for his fix

On the other side you have D.A.RE programs, police, parents, etc. Telling everbody to NEVER smoke Cannibis for ALL the wrong reasons

Now, do the "lazy stoners" and advocates for the legalization of Cannabis use their various reasons for an excuse to get high?

Or does the general public have the wrong idea in their heads a result of decades of smear campaigns and an overall misunderstanding of the substance and it's users?

Please just take a second to vote and to post why you think Marijuana should or should not be legalized

NOTE: [This is topic is different than the others because to the voters they don't gain or loose anything besides economic stuff no matter which way it ends up coming out]

To the people who do smoke, and do have "knowledge" of the matter please feel free to post why you think the way you think, JUST DONT VOTE!

Also, let's not discuss things that will get this thread taken down (Like prices, peices, how high you got last night and on what etc.)
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6418|North Carolina
I don't smoke pot because I have to worry about drug tests from my employer.

And yes, it should be legalized and regulated.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5715|College Park, MD
I think it should be legalized and taxed or at the very least decriminalized. It's no worse than weed or tobacco, arguably even less dangerous than those two. It has legitimate medical uses. It would greatly impact the business of drug cartels, running them into the ground if they revolve around weed. Taxes would help generate more revenue for state governments. Ceasing to arrest people for smoking or possessing would cut down on prison overpopulation.

Frankly if it's treated like alcohol or tobacco (need to be over 18, show ID, illegal to use under the age but not be-thrown-in-jail-for-a-while illegal, illegal to drive under the influence) I would have zero problem with it. The drug doesn't make people violent even if they have violent tendencies (unlike alcohol). From what I've heard/seen it seems to make you a bit too relaxed to the point of zoning out, which is why I'd want it to be illegal to drive under the influence of marijuana.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
alexb
<3
+590|5953|Kentucky, USA

If cigarettes and alcohol are legal, why not cannabis?

Last edited by alexb (2009-07-22 14:47:25)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6551|Long Island, New York
People are going to smoke no matter what. Might as well legalize and tax it and gain a profit off of it.
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6776|d
legalise it but control its use. Like you can't drive and smoke weed, you can't come to work stoned, etc. I don't smoke it myself, used to a few years back.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6729
I have thrown drunk idiots out of bars i have worked in... but i have never thrown out anyone that was high...
Pot should be legalized just to try and alleviate the crime issue...
  And i have known rich business owners that smoke
and braindead retards that smoke... I think it depends on a persons mental ability to start out with...
Love is the answer
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6233|Phoenix, AZ

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

I have thrown drunk idiots out of bars i have worked in... but i have never thrown out anyone that was high...
Pot should be legalized just to try and alleviate the crime issue...
  And i have known rich business owners that smoke
and braindead retards that smoke... I think it depends on a persons mental ability to start out with...
I would like to add that a general idea is that people who smoke become very lazy and unproductive

In fact a study (dont wanna look up) showed that people that smoked Marijuana were more productive at work, showed up on time, and worked harder than those who did not smoke
El Beardo
steel woolly mammoth
+150|5733|Gulf Coast

inb4dilbert
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6506|Connecticut
I don't smoke, never have. Frankly I don't care if anyone else does but I wonder if it's legalized how the govt will tax it.
Malloy must go
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6119|eXtreme to the maX

El Beardo wrote:

inb4dilbert
Goddamit.

I don't think it should be legalised, it IS harmful and people shouldn't be using it, especially not anyone under 21.
'But alcohol is legal' isn't an argument IMO.

OTOH It does fund a huge amount of crime, decriminalisation at a low level may be acceptable - ie you can grow your own (assuming you can get off your ass) and maybe sell small quantities you've produced yourself to adults through some licensing scheme.
Any step which increased the number of people using would not be a good idea.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6476|cuntshitlake

mafia996630 wrote:

legalise it but control its use. Like you can't drive and smoke weed, you can't come to work stoned, etc. I don't smoke it myself, used to a few years back.
This possibly, but then again I don't see why even cigarettes should be legal.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Turquoise
O Canada

DeathUnlimited wrote:

mafia996630 wrote:

This possibly, but then again I don't see why even cigarettes should be legal.
Uh... what?

If people want to use a substance that they enjoy but it harms them in the process, that's ok.  That's their business.

Pot is less harmful to society than alcohol and tobacco, no matter what Dilbert says.  And as the above post shows, he's even pre-empted the alcohol argument because he knows it invalidates his stance.
nickb64
formerly from OC (it's EXACTLY like on tv)[truth]
+77|5624|Greatest Nation on Earth(USA)
I think drugs are stupid.

I have to take ADD and Thyroid drugs, but other than that...
Turquoise
O Canada

nickb64 wrote:

Do you drink any caffeinated drinks?
nickb64

Turquoise wrote:

nickb64 wrote:

I think drugs are stupid.(ones that fuck with your thought process/reaction time a lot)

Not really, occasional Mt. Dew (not frequently)

OK, I see where you're going with this.

I don't care what they do, it doesn't particularly affect me. They can smoke whatever the hell they want, but I'm not going to.

EDIT: italic inside quote

Last edited by nickb64 (2009-07-22 16:39:41)

Turquoise
O Canada
I'm in favor of educating the public against the use of drugs that do damage to your body and such, but I also believe that drugs are best dealt with via regulation rather than bans.

The vast majority of the value of an illegal drug comes from its illegal status itself.  This is why organized crime sells hard drugs -- the profit margin is enormous.

So, with the proper regulation, drugs lose their high value while at the same time the government more effectively keeps minors from using them.

What adults choose to use is their private business, but they should have to pay a considerable tax on these substances to help pay for the costs of rehabilitation and such.
nickb64

Turquoise wrote:

I'm in favor of educating the public against the use of drugs that do damage to your body and such, but I also believe that drugs are best dealt with via regulation rather than bans.

The vast majority of the value of an illegal drug comes from its illegal status itself.  This is why organized crime sells hard drugs -- the profit margin is enormous.

So, with the proper regulation, drugs lose their high value while at the same time the government more effectively keeps minors from using them.

What adults choose to use is their private business, but they should have to pay a considerable tax on these substances to help pay for the costs of rehabilitation and such.
I agree.

It would be more effective to regulate it somehow than to do what we're doing now with it being illegal.

Illegal drugs have f**ked Mexico big time too, and now we have a virtually failed state to the South of us.

Let people do what they will, but educate, like you said.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

Turquoise wrote:

nickb64 wrote:

Seriously dude?
jsnipy
+3,276|6535|...

Cannabis should be legalized

As long as Alcohol is legal, so should be pot. All this talk about how harmful pot is is nothing more than the result of youthful brainwashing and lack of experience (inb4myfriendwasapotheadandisnowdoingheroin). Sure there is harm, but it is so with drinking and with smoking cigarettes as well.

edit: Most people don't even know why it was made illegal to begin with.

Last edited by jsnipy (2009-07-22 16:49:43)

Turquoise
O Canada

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

nickb64 wrote:

Seriously dude?
Caffeine is a drug.  Tylenol is a drug.

Drugs are basically like guns.  They can be deadly, but they can also be used for enjoyment.  How you use them is what's important.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5599

As much as I despise drug use I know the road we are taking is not working. I would support legalization.
Turquoise
O Canada

jsnipy wrote:

edit: Most people don't even know why it was made illegal to begin with.
Indeed...  it was one case where racism really did play a part.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

Turquoise wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Seriously dude?
Caffeine is a drug.  Tylenol is a drug.

Drugs are basically like guns.  They can be deadly, but they can also be used for enjoyment.  How you use them is what's important.
Comparing caffeine to a drug like crack or PCP is like comparing natural light to everclear
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6698|United States of America
I voted not legalized, but probably shouldn't have. It's more a cynical attitude towards "go ahead and try to legalize/tax it"

There are inherent issues with making it legal and taxing it that I have qualms with and have never heard an answer about it from proponents.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard