Iran: Selection or Election?

Selection/fraud85%85% - 81
Election/legitimate14%14% - 14
Total: 95
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6615|132 and Bush

Title edited to account for the escalation

I want to have a poll for the subject of Iran's election. Vote null for unsure.

https://i39.tinypic.com/25i0p44.jpg

U.S. analysts find it “not credible” that challenger Mir Hossein Mousavi would have lost the balloting in his hometown or that a third candidate, Mehdi Karoubi, would have received less than 1 percent of the total votes.

Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khameini apparently has released a statement calling the results “final” and hailing the election as a legitimization of the regime and its elections…

The dominant view among Obama administration officials is that the regime will look so bad as a result of whipping up Iranian hopes for democracy and then squelching them that the regime may feel compelled to show some conciliatory response to Obama's gestures of engagement.

But Trita Parsi, president of the National Iranian American Council, isn't so sure about that. He noted the Ahmadinejad team "has not been terribly eager to show the United States goodwill and I'm not sure if we would see a shift." He also said if a stalemate emerges, a paralyzed Iranian government would make it difficult for the Obama administration to engage Iran.

Parsi praised Obama for staying largely silent leading up to the election to ensure
https://i40.tinypic.com/ei40oz.jpg

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/ … topstories

By Saturday morning, the most often repeated exclamation in Tehran was: “It’s not possible!”…

A group of young men said they had talked to their families in the provinces, including Kurdish Kermanshah, Azeri Oroumiyeh and Ardeblil. Mohsen, 23, said, “Everyone in Tabriz [Mousavi's hometown] voted for Mousavi. The official count says a majority for Ahmadinejad. That’s not possible.” Mehdi, 27, chimed in, “Even if just Karroubi’s family in Lorestan had voted for him, he would have won more than 300,000 votes.”

More serious allegations came from officials involved in the various reformist candidates’ campaigns. Mohammad-Ali Abtahi, part of opposition figure Mehdi Karroubi’s campaign, pointed out that the government “announced a wholesale figure of 70% for Ahmadinejad last night, as opposed to breaking it down province by province as they usually do.” The first figures were announced shortly after voting closed, he added. A breakdown of how people in each city and province voted has not been released yet.

At the Mousavi headquarters, former Interior Minister Ali Akbar Mohtashamipour protested that Mousavi observers had not gained access to many of the polling centers. He also said that in Tabriz, Mousavi’s birthplace, many of the polling stations had run out of ballots only two hours after opening, even though about 59 million ballots had been printed by the government, about 13 million more than the number of eligible voters.

50-100 people dead
http://tehranbureau.com/2009/06/13/alerts-from-tehran/
Tehran Bureau, a site for independent Iranian journalism, claims there are 50 to 100 people dead from Iranian cops’ thuggery at protests today. Plus thus tidbit, proving that this is in fact a coup:

Two interesting points on Iranian election:

1. After election results were announced, the election committee must wait for three days to accept any grievances for any irregularity before certify the results.

2. The results of election needs to be certified by the Council of Experts before it goes to the Leader for final approval

Today neither of these two rules were followed and the Leader in his speech approved the results of the election and asked all parties involved to work with Ahmadinejad.
Mousavi arrested?

Disclaimer: This poll has not been certified .
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6551|Long Island, New York
Holy shit @ that video. Watts riots anyone?

There's no way he won legitimately. Even if he did, there's no way it was with the margin they claim.

Last edited by Poseidon (2009-06-13 21:02:24)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6615|132 and Bush

Poseidon wrote:

There's no way he won legitimately. Even if he did, there's no way it was with the margin they claim.
I got your holy shit swingin ... right here.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Kmarion wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

https://img14.imageshack.us/img14/4746/apaks083.jpg

someone make a pun

right now

go

Last edited by Poseidon (2009-06-13 21:09:04)

Reciprocity
+721|6594|the dank(super) side of Oregon
it's not enough to rig the election, they had to manufacture a consensus.  i wonder if that was political or just something to stroke Ahmadinejad's ego?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6615|132 and Bush

Poseidon wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/4746/apaks083.jpg

someone make a pun

right now

go
swingin was the innuendo you dolt..
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6615|132 and Bush

Reciprocity wrote:

it's not enough to rig the election, they had to manufacture a consensus.  i wonder if that was political or just something to stroke Ahmadinejad's ego?
My question, why make it so obvious? Did they think if it was tight that there would be a bigger backlash? ... crush all hopes kind of stuff?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Kmarion wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/4746/apaks083.jpg

someone make a pun

right now

go
swingin was the innuendo you dolt..
hey kerry, what place are the rays in again?

needs more iranian puns

it's so mindbogglingly obvious that it was going to turn out this way too

Last edited by Poseidon (2009-06-13 21:13:04)

Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6162|'straya
Totally rigged. There's no way that even if he did win, that he won by that majority. He needs to learn how to fix elections credibly tbh
Reciprocity
and what pisses those iranians off more:  their guy losing or the government so blatantly and openly rigging the results?
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5610|Vacationland
Do we even need a poll for this it's so blatantly rigged that this poll is rigged by association
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6342

holy fuckin shit, awesome photos on that link km. What a mess! Ya, i agree that was totally rigged. But by whooooooooooo

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/_SbiVoGqVHZk/SjPtB2reeSI/AAAAAAAAAZE/df5iDao_zgI/s1600/0,1020,1553456,00.jpg

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/_SbiVoGqVHZk/SjPtB_4LK1I/AAAAAAAAAY8/DBSVMC08IHU/s1600/0,1020,1553451,00.jpg

Last edited by Im_Dooomed (2009-06-13 21:33:24)

Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5610|Vacationland

Im_Dooomed wrote:

holy fuckin shit, awesome photos on that link km. What a mess! Ya, i agree that was totally rigged. But by whooooooooooo
Whoelse but the Ayatollah
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6615|132 and Bush

Im_Dooomed wrote:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_SbiVoGqVHZk/S … 456,00.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_SbiVoGqVHZk/S … 451,00.jpg
Thank god for new media eh? It at least makes it tougher for voices to be suppressed.

Narupug wrote:

Do we even need a poll for this it's so blatantly rigged that this poll is rigged by association
Call it a democratic pallete cleanser.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6461|Chicago, IL
Fraud, I can see Ahmadinejad winning, but not by a 2:1 margin.

Hopefully Iran's youth won't get pummeled too badly though, I'd really like to see the ayatollah system removed, but Mousavi is a good start.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5599

Wow +1 to those kids. They got balls.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6461|Chicago, IL

Macbeth wrote:

Wow +1 to those kids. They got balls.
takes srs balls, I noticed they all chose to conceal their identities, which says a lot about how they view their own "judicial" system
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6679|NT, like Mick Dundee

A second Iranian revolution on the cards?
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
imortal
+240|6679|Austin, TX
Wow, a Middle Eastern nation with dodgey election results?  Say it ain't so!  What is that line from Gangs of New York?  "The voters don't make the results; the ballet-counters do," or something like that?

Oh, and in before someone brings up Florida, 2000.  Again.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6615|132 and Bush

S.Lythberg wrote:

Hopefully Iran's youth won't get pummeled too badly though, I'd really like to see the ayatollah system removed, but Mousavi is a good start.
They made it so his opponent didn't even come close in his hometown . It's kinda suspect that the third candidate received less than 1% also.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6679|NT, like Mick Dundee

Kmarion wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

They made it so his opponent didn't even come close in his hometown . It's kinda suspect that the third candidate received less than 1% also.
1.3% or something stupid. Out of 40,000,000 voters, I don't think so.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6461|Chicago, IL

Kmarion wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

overrigging to the max.  Voting is pretty fixed over here in Chicagoland, but the powers that be make it at least somewhat convincing, Ahmadinejad could learn a thing or two
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5610|Vacationland

S.Lythberg wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

overrigging to the max.  Voting is pretty fixed over here in Chicagoland, but the powers that be make it at least somewhat convincing, Ahmadinejad could learn a thing or two
But in Chicagoland the rigging isn't religiously motivated, I've said it before and I'll say it again "Religion makes people do stupid stuff."
This stupid decision is likely to lead to the overthrow of the entire government if not corrected.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6730
I wonder if the people could overthrow the iranian govt?  Wouldn't the govt/military squash that?
The light is shining on Iran right now and it's going to be interesting to see how this plays out.
Love is the answer
Reciprocity

Narupug wrote:

But in Chicagoland the rigging isn't religiously motivated, I've said it before and I'll say it again "Religion makes people do stupid stuff."
This stupid decision is likely to lead to the overthrow of the entire government if not corrected.
it's not about religion in iran, just power.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard