thepilot91
+64|6234|Åland!

Roc18 wrote:

I hope the badge/award system in bf3 doesn't require you to sit in tank or a jet for 400 hours to get an expert badge.
thats exactly how it should be , It shows you like to play that peticular vehicle so much /getting good at it / keeps you playing , that you actually earn it  (my bf2 trough 5 years : I HATE tank = 50 hours~ or so ) rather than the bf2142 where you needed 50 hours of playing FOR THE EXPERT ! fkin redicoulus, and the fact that you could basically "powerlevel" up to the highest rank by doing so , same shit in BC2 .

I think you should really have to work the highest award for "some peticular thing" so you actually DO earn it when you accomplish it .
jord
+2,382|6676|The North, beyond the wall.

War Man wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

War Man wrote:

Mainly for recon and specops use now. They have gotten much less common have they not?
No.
UnkleRukus already explained, Jesus.
Don't get pissy it's you who chimes in with bone comments and questions.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5356|London, England

M.O.A.B wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Only oddity I can see with the Humvees in the vid is that they don't appear to have the heavy armour package.
90% of HMMWVs don't have it.
Even those in frontline service?
Yes. Unless they're doing daily patrols, the military doesn't feel it's a good expenditure of resources to up-armor HMMWVs. It fucks up the engines, transmissions and suspensions since the trucks weren't built with the weight in mind. Most HMMWVs are simply utility vehicles.

I rolled into Baghdad with canvas doors and a sand bag on the floor to 'protect' me from IEDs/land mines

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2011-03-02 11:50:09)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6346|Belfast
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6665

JohnG@lt wrote:

I rolled into Baghdad with canvas doors and a sand bag on the floor to 'protect' me from IEDs/land mines
Pfft.  You guys are spoiled compared to what World War soldiers were equiped with.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Ilocano wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Pfft.  You guys are spoiled compared to what World War soldiers were equiped with.
I drove up to Baghdad in a vehicle that I had to uparmor myself. I had to go to the carpenters shop, mount a turret in the back, and then built a plywood double box around it to protect the gunner. Originally, the double box was going to be filled with sandbags but they were too heavy and when filled, the truck was literally sitting on the back tires. So, out came the sandbags and in went some pieces of rubber floor matting that probably didn't provide any more protection than the plywood did.

Yeah, I guess I was spoiled, but I kind of expected more from my government when it came to providing equipment to troops in the field. Maybe less aircraft carriers are the answer. It was the unfulfilled expectations that pissed us off more than anything else. Don't tell us from the first day of basic that we're going to be taken care of and then leave us with shoddy equipment when the time actually comes. If you treat us like the marines treat their troops and tell them they're going to get broken nasty equipment from day 1 then you don't build up expectations and you're happy with whatever you're handed.

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2011-03-02 12:11:00)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6665

Off topic, but, you joined the wrong branch.  Air Force if you wanted to be taken care of.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Ilocano wrote:

Off topic, but, you joined the wrong branch.  Air Force if you wanted to be taken care of.
Uhh... well, when something is preached from day one in basic training... you kind of expect it to be lived up to.
-Frederick Bastiat
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5748|شمال
I approve

Dice can not write arabic/farsi

Last edited by Beduin (2011-03-02 12:47:00)

الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6621|Little Bentcock

thepilot91 wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

I hope the badge/award system in bf3 doesn't require you to sit in tank or a jet for 400 hours to get an expert badge.
thats exactly how it should be , It shows you like to play that peticular vehicle so much /getting good at it / keeps you playing , that you actually earn it  (my bf2 trough 5 years : I HATE tank = 50 hours~ or so ) rather than the bf2142 where you needed 50 hours of playing FOR THE EXPERT ! fkin redicoulus, and the fact that you could basically "powerlevel" up to the highest rank by doing so , same shit in BC2 .

I think you should really have to work the highest award for "some peticular thing" so you actually DO earn it when you accomplish it .
this

I want to go back to the days when awards were earned, not handed out.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5507|America
So yes or no to points for awards?
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Adams_BJ
no. I dson't want point for awards, and I don't want awards for killstreaks. Remember how awesome it was hearing the drums go off and seeing the award pop up? That feeling is gone now.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5903|CA

Adams_BJ wrote:

no. I dson't want point for awards, and I don't want awards for killstreaks. Remember how awesome it was hearing the drums go off and seeing the award pop up? That feeling is gone now.
I'd like this back, but I wouldn't mind some extra points for it too.
Adams_BJ

TopHat01 wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

Why so you can speed up the ranking process? The ranking process also used to be something to brag about, how many generals did you see in BF2 compared to top tier players you see in other games? BC2, BF2142 and COD nearly all have top ranked players in nearly every game. BF2 its hard to find many after SGT Major. If you entered a game and were high ranking, people actually followed you, tried to join your squad, tried to learn from you because 9/10 you could actually play.

Now days its just a case of getting 3 killstreak awards in a game and ranking up. You get to the top level within a month of casual play. Ranks mean nothing.
baggs
+732|6202

Adams_BJ wrote:

TopHat01 wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

Why so you can speed up the ranking process? The ranking process also used to be something to brag about, how many generals did you see in BF2 compared to top tier players you see in other games? BC2, BF2142 and COD nearly all have top ranked players in nearly every game. BF2 its hard to find many after SGT Major. If you entered a game and were high ranking, people actually followed you, tried to join your squad, tried to learn from you because 9/10 you could actually play.

Now days its just a case of getting 3 killstreak awards in a game and ranking up. You get to the top level within a month of casual play. Ranks mean nothing.
Providing they keep BF3 away from the retard generation console gamer i think we'll be alright Ben!
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6310

Bring back 2pts per kill/revive/flagcap and 1pt for all other assists/heal/ammo.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

ebug9 wrote:

Bring back 2pts per kill/revive/flagcap and 1pt for all other assists/heal/ammo.
So everyone goes back to medic whoring?
-Frederick Bastiat
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6284|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

JohnG@lt wrote:

ebug9 wrote:

Just make it bloody 1 point per anything

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-03-02 15:50:06)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6310

JohnG@lt wrote:

ebug9 wrote:

What's the difference between that and the 50/80 pts you get for it in BC2?
Adams_BJ

JohnG@lt wrote:

ebug9 wrote:

That's a balance issue, not a points issue.

Medics were basically overpowered infantry that got bonus points for spamming healthpacks and unlimited health.

And fucking fun too, I might add.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6310

Also medics need assault rifles not fucking lmgs.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6712|Purplicious Wisconsin
Medics need assault shotguns smgs, or weak assault carbines; not fucking lmgs and assault rifles.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Adams_BJ
medics need assault rifles, but the assault class HAS to be more overpowered than the medic class. So people who want to kill will go assault, and those that want to heal/revive/light-medium fighting go medic. Medics shouldn't lead the charge.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5235|Cleveland, Ohio
medics should just get pistols like real corpsmen
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6712|Purplicious Wisconsin

Adams_BJ wrote:

medics need assault rifles, but the assault class HAS to be more overpowered than the medic class. So people who want to kill will go assault, and those that want to heal/revive/light-medium fighting go medic. Medics shouldn't lead the charge.
did you not see me include weak assault carbines? Basically is an assault rifle.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard