Spidery_Yoda
+399|6278
As suspected, the singleplayer looks extremely boring.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5044|Massachusetts, USA
Still well over 160,000 Humvees in active service with the military.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6331|Graz, Austria

Uzique wrote:

hahahahahahahahaha
hahahaha

HAHA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCxuypeQy58
Hilarious!
Finally something to take over from the boring Hitler spoofs.
And I guess we will be seeing more speeches from Gaddafi in the near future, so there'll be enough material to not get repetitious.
Also, "Fuck COD".

On a serious note, all totalitarian dictators seem to be complete loonies, with the same gesticulation and intonation.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6331|Graz, Austria
A dog and captive!
That's a first for any Battlefield game. AFAIR, until now the only living beings were enemy soldiers/combatants.
(Well, except for some flock of birds getting flushed from underbrush here and there.)

But I guess we won't see any of that in multiplayer.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6682|Canberra, AUS

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

As suspected, the singleplayer looks extremely boring.
Well, to be honest, it's not like anyone here will put a great deal of weight on the singleplayer either way.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5186|Sydney
That's making me more keen.

Also notice the distinct lack of fucking snow/dust/shit everywhere. Only dust I saw came from a bullet chipping out a piece of the wall

Last edited by Jaekus (2011-03-02 02:32:12)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6478
despite the nice animations, the movement and shooting still remind me a fuckload of call of duty modern warfare

do not want
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5186|Sydney
Yeah I got a bit of that vibe, not heaps though.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

That is why I'm waiting before rushing off to pre-order a game that would probably cost me a new machine to run it.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4850|Amsterdam
It did look very CoD like, but we still haven't seen THAT much, so it can still turn out
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6629|London, England
Now if only they added this sort of atmosphere and cocky loudmouth Marines fighting a real military like the MEC or PLA or even the Russians like in Bad Company, instead of insurgents. Nobody likes insurgents, they're boring and you go in there expecting your side to wipe the floor
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6519|Gold Coast
The only thing I didnt like with that video was the start of the reload animation.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6454|Amsterdam‫
hit markers
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6007|Vortex Ring State

Uzique wrote:

despite the nice animations, the movement and shooting still remind me a fuckload of call of duty modern warfare

do not want
tbh as long as they're not throwing mags all over the place and actually have the guns handle differently, sure.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4850|Amsterdam
They dont even have a set amount of mags, just an amount of bullets. Thats the thing i loved about BF2. aw man...
Roc18
`
+655|5798|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
That better not be the infantry gameplay, I want EVERYTHING from BF2 back including pre 1.5 patch fish out of water dolphin diving.

Last edited by Roc18 (2011-03-02 06:47:58)

Trotskygrad
бля

Kampframmer wrote:

They dont even have a set amount of mags, just an amount of bullets. Thats the thing i loved about BF2. aw man...
Goddamn magical CoD bullets switching magazines

although that was first in CS, we can blame it on CoD, no problemo...

Although I must say, America's Army's reload system was the best, your mags didn't disappear when you reloaded, they went back into your stack of mags
Roc18
`
+655|5798|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
I hope the badge/award system in bf3 doesn't require you to sit in tank or a jet for 400 hours to get an expert badge.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4850|Amsterdam

Roc18 wrote:

I hope the badge/award system in bf3 doesn't require you to sit in tank or a jet for 400 hours to get an expert badge.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5044|Massachusetts, USA
Of all the things that could be nitpicked from ONE game play video and it's the fact that "there isn't a mag counter, it's a bullet counter.: No offense here, but grow the fuck up.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Trotskygrad
бля

UnkleRukus wrote:

Of all the things that could be nitpicked from ONE game play video and it's the fact that "there isn't a mag counter, it's a bullet counter.: No offense here, but grow the fuck up.
tbh it doesn't bother me that much... used to that system from BC2, times change, shit changes
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6231|Escea

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6662

What is this single player campaign bullshit. All I fucking want is BF2 + updated graphics and gameplay. Save that shit for the BC games.
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6356|Belfast
At first, I was kind of wary with the single player, but I hope they continue with that concept throughout the rest of the development, because that was brilliant.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5593

Battlefield 3 Modern Warfare.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard