GCFC
Davide Santon
+45|5950|NY/CT
I was wondering how I would go about setting up a bootloader for vista and ubuntu
i tried but it only works if they are both on the same drive
anyone know how to set one up with them being on separate drives?
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6588|NYC / Hamburg

1: Install Vista to Drive 1
2: Set boot priority to Drive 2
3: Install Ubuntu to Drive 2.
4: Reinstall GRUB and edit accordingly if necessary
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
GCFC
Davide Santon
+45|5950|NY/CT
i was thinking of doing that
any other ways?
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6588|NYC / Hamburg

Seems like the most logical and straightforward way of doing this. I suppose you could boot from your windows disk and use EasyBCD to add linux to the windows bootloader
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
GCFC
Davide Santon
+45|5950|NY/CT
tried that but it doesnt pick up the other drive, it thinks linux is on the c drive and it wont let me change that it's not
and when i try to boot it i get an error
thanks though
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6671|Keyboard
Hi, if you are having problems configuring the MBR and cba to mess with menu.lst, then just put in the live CD again and try to do a normal install of ubuntu, when asked for the disk drives just cancel out the installation, remove the CD and restart your computer. Your Grub should be working back again .

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard