Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6510|Gogledd Cymru

Me and one of my mates from uni signed up to this Kitchen and Maintenance program where we go work on a Summer Camp in America for a summer, get paid and get some time for travelling after.

We've been placed at Camp Pemigewassett, in New Hampshire, after it's over we will have 3-4 weeks travel time, we're going to Chicago to see one of my friends friend, then hopefully visiting Parker in Louisiana.

Anyone worked/"camped" on a summer camp before, got anything to share, how was it? Did you have fun etc?

Also, any tips on where to go visit, the cheapest way to get around, Flights, Greyhound buses, Trains? Cheapest way to stay, Motels, Hostels? etc

Just any general tips on getting around, we could also look into buying a car, what's the age for internationals driving over there, is it 21?
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6713
18 to drive I'd think.

Working at a camp will be fun. Don't hit or make a move on the kids and you will be fine.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6670

Unless you go through a local agency that has found some way to pull it off with insurance or whatnot, no one will let you near a rental car unless you're 23.

EDIT: If you're going from NH to Louisiana, you're going to want to fly I think. Greyhound and trains tend to be pretty expensive.

Last edited by ghettoperson (2009-04-24 13:09:07)

Surgeons

It's an all boys camp, so it will be hard not to.

I spend a night in NYC the first night, anything I should check out before we head off to camp?
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6705|United States of America
Cowami is around there, ain't he? Break into his house; and Mitch's too (he might shoot you though)
ghettoperson
+1,943|6670

How long do you have? I dunno, usual touristy shit is pretty cool. Empire State, Statue of Liberty, Central Park, 9/11 Memorial.
Surgeons

I think we'll be flying from NH to Chicago, then drive/train/bus down to Parker, he's in St.Louis but I like to wind him up saying he's from Louisiana
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6705|United States of America
You oughta spend time in Chicago (it's CameronPoe's FAVE US city!) and go to some museums, the art institute, such and such. In fact, I could probably even drive there and be obnoxious.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6642|London, England
Surgeons will be one of the few to be able to say "this one time, in band camp..." and actually mean it

For that, I salute the cocksucking bastard
Surgeons

Have fun sitting at home doing fuck all and failing to get into the RAF Skittles.

Told you I'd let it out you bastard.

ghettoperson
+1,943|6670

The Sheriff wrote:

I think we'll be flying from NH to Chicago, then drive/train/bus down to Parker, he's in St.Louis but I like to wind him up saying he's from Louisiana
I did wonder what he was doing in Louisiana... Yeah, that's probably a lot more reasonable.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6713

The Sheriff wrote:

I spend a night in NYC the first night, anything I should check out before we head off to camp?
Um. There are a million things you could check out. It depends what your in to. I can help you out.

ghettoperson wrote:

How long do you have? I dunno, usual touristy shit is pretty cool. Empire State, Statue of Liberty, Central Park, 9/11 Memorial.
Fuck everything he listed.

PM me, surgeons.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2009-04-24 14:00:49)

m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6692|UK
tell them you're muslim, watch how that goes down with a bunch of kids.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6713
Smoke cigs in front of the kids. They will think you're cool. Also, say funny words. Your accent will make them shit their pants.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6692|UK
tell them you have a nephew called simba and how delt with him
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6670

Superior Mind wrote:

The Sheriff wrote:

Um. There are a million things you could check out. It depends what your in to. I can help you out.

ghettoperson wrote:

Fuck everything he listed.

PM me, surgeons.
Why are the rest of us not allowed to know this?

What else is there to see? If you're going there you've kinda got to see some of that stuff.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6558|Long Island, New York

The Sheriff wrote:

Yeah. Me. <3

I actually might be in NYC going to take a class at Columbia for Politics (better chance at getting into the college I want) so maybe I'll see you, eh?

If not, the obvious places like Times Square, Tribeca, Downtown (near Ground Zero and the Financial District), etc are must sees...and hit a club while you're there as well.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6713

m3thod wrote:

Simba means in lion in Swahili, I think.

Poseidon wrote:

The Sheriff wrote:

Yeah. Me. <3

I actually might be in NYC going to take a class at Columbia for Politics (better chance at getting into the college I want) so maybe I'll see you, eh?

If not, the obvious places like Times Square, Tribeca, Downtown (near Ground Zero and the Financial District), etc are must sees...and hit a club while you're there as well.
Don't listen to the Long Island kid. He doesn't know shit.

<3 Pos

Last edited by Superior Mind (2009-04-24 14:10:39)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6558|Long Island, New York
Nigga please, I was just in the city last Saturday and got some new kicks. That makes me know more about Manhattan than you, ya herd?
Brasso
+1,549|6651

lolny
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6768|The United Center
You're coming to Chicago?

...wanna share a bed?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6670

If you're in Chicago, make sure you go piss on that Thomas Morgan dudes front door. That guy is a penis.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5719
Listen to Alex(Superior Mind) when you are in NYC.

Nigga knows this city.
Surgeons

TMo, I'm going to Teepee your house/flat.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6310|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Superior Mind wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Simba means in lion in Swahili, I think.

Poseidon wrote:

The Sheriff wrote:

Yeah. Me. <3

Don't listen to the Long Island kid. He doesn't know shit.

<3 Pos
ergh, brooklynites

almost as bad as people from suffolk
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard