REDEYE79
+2|5568
Have backtracked all the posts and dont see the lost connection from the game .  I have about everything shut down on my computer just so it wont interfere with playing BF2 PR . Have been to punkbuster and done the uninstall and reinstall program .  I have the battlefield games routed to punkbuster for playing . Just do not get this problem how and why and the new project reality is the best in a long time .  Where do I go to see if my computer system is up to handling BF2 PR ?    Its getting to be a lost cause .
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6415|Somersetshire
Minimum Specification:
CPU: 1.7 GHz
RAM: 1 GB
Video Card with at least 128 MB of RAM

Recommended Specification:
CPU: 2.4 GHz
RAM: 2 GB
Video Card with at least 256 MB of RAM

Those minimums will probably struggle on most if not all of the new maps
Jasp
Bongabilla
+171|6669|The Outer Circle
tbh since the new patch ive had less issues now,
Seems a lot smoother to play and i dont CTD after each map!
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/11882/holteendersig2.jpghttps://forums.bf2s.com/img/avatars/11508.gif
morbid
+1|5558
The only fix I have come across is a reboot and modem reset. I rarely have connection issues with BF2 and PoE so I tend to think it's strictly a PR problem server-side. Hardware/software/Punk Buster/firewall/router/etc. gets thrown around as the "fix all" but some people are even claiming that EAX/VOIP lag is causing the problem and that turning down your hardware acceleration/disabling VOIP is the fix. I honestly think that no one really knows what's causing the mass problems.
morbid
+1|5558
While BF2 is running, try C+A+D>right-click BF2.exe>set affinity>deselect all but CPU 0. I have an Athlon 4200 and have been doing this after the first "your connection has been lost" and have not noticed repeat occurrences. Before, if it happened again after a reboot/modem reset then it would do it all night.

On a side note, shortly after my initial post I began having more "your connection has been lost" problems on Vanilla than PR. Hopefully this is the fix.

Last edited by morbid (2009-06-22 15:16:43)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard