Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5789|Catherine Black

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

is this game suppose to have the multi like BF2 ? .................. big maps - alot of ppl - that sorta thing
PC version will have 32 people, console will only have 24. So they are big like BF2 but not as big as in BF2.
I never played over 32 players anyway. So it's all good ^^
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5485|Bolingbrook, Illinois
They would've gladly made it for 64 people, but because 90% of the enviroment is destructable, the servers wouldn't be able to handle that along with 64 players.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6469

HaiBai wrote:

They would've gladly made it for 64 people, but because 90% of the enviroment is destructable, the servers wouldn't be able to handle that along with 64 players.
Originally they wanted it to be 40 players, however they said it was just too choppy, so they made it 32 for PC and 24 for console.

32 is a ton of people though, and the maps are probably going to be the size of the 32 man maps in BF2 so the action shouldn't feel too dispersed.
chile1
+2|6307
The good thing about BC2 PC is that the BF2 devs are working on it. Also the maps in BC2 are varied and offer different game play. I'm glad there will be more than 1 mode, 4 this time and maybe hard core mode. I excited to learn more about the 2 new modes which are squad based. I heard it was sort of like BF2's infantry mode. Still not sure, but I hope they bring back that mode, so fun! I hope I get into the PC beta in December! I want to make the game as bug free as it can be.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5510|America

chile1 wrote:

The good thing about BC2 PC is that the BF2 devs are working on it. Also the maps in BC2 are varied and offer different game play. I'm glad there will be more than 1 mode, 4 this time and maybe hard core mode. I excited to learn more about the 2 new modes which are squad based. I heard it was sort of like BF2's infantry mode. Still not sure, but I hope they bring back that mode, so fun! I hope I get into the PC beta in December! I want to make the game as bug free as it can be.
The PC world needs more beta testers like you.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
HaiBai
11 Days of DirectX 11, Day Six: DICE
DICE Software Architect, Johan Andersson was recently interviewed by AMD about DirectX 11.

The interview is a bit long so it might be easier to read in PDF format here.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

https://i33.tinypic.com/2lw9ogo.jpg

(1) Can you start please with some background on how you are using DirectX 11 in the Frostbite 2 engine? What made you decide to jump onboard with DirectX 11?

We’ve been part of the DirectX 11 development from a _very_ early stage, a few years before there was an internal prototype available even. This helped us make sure that many of the features & improvements that are important for us got in — so that we have what we need to make the best possible PC games in the future.

There are 2 different areas where we are using DirectX 11 in Frostbite 2. The first is to streamline and optimize the CPU performance; how our engine & games communicate with D3D to take advantage of multiple CPU cores. This has become a bigger and bigger problem with previous D3D versions as GPU performance has been scaling and the CPUs have gotten more cores, but without us being able to utilize them for rendering with D3D.

Now in DirectX 11, with the new support for multi-threading in the API, we can render objects and submit it to the GPU in parallel on all available CPU cores (we’ve tested up to 16 virtual cores). This will be a big performance improvement and allow us to have much more variation and detail on our levels while costing less than before. Read the rest...

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

repilogue
HaiBai
New Batch of BC2 PS3 Beta Keys on FilePlanet
Just a quick heads up FilePlanet just put up a fresh batch of Bad Company 2 Playstation 3 beta keys. Grab one before it's too late!

https://i38.tinypic.com/2nh2azp.jpg

Battlefield Bad Company™ 2 brings the spectacular Battlefield gameplay to the forefront of next-gen consoles. Be one of the first to check out this HOT PlayStation 3 beta!

IGN has secured a limited number keys for its members residing in NORTH AMERICA.

Subscriber Keys - Keys Available

Public Keys - Keys Available

Gameplay starts November 19th

Last edited by HaiBai (2009-11-16 20:40:16)

HaiBai
Kotaku: All Out War(Games)
Kotaku recently spoke with Executive Producer Karl-Magnus Troedsson about his thoughts on Modern Warfare 2 and Battlefield Bad Company 2. Read what he had to say.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 isn't just the biggest video game launch in history, it's the biggest launch across all forms of entertainment, beating out the likes of Harry Potter books, The Dark Knight and band 'N Sync.

But at least one other military video game has their sights set on the popular first-person shooter, getting a bit of added traction thanks to some controversial design decisions made in the Activision blockbuster.

For the uninitiated, Electronic Arts' upcoming first-person shooter Battlefield: Bad Company 2 may sound an awful lot like Modern Warfare 2.

Both military games are set in modern times and pride themselves on realistic settings, weapons and combat. But where Modern Warfare 2's single player story is a narrative that leads players through the action along a scripted plot, Bad Company 2's developers say their game is a more open-ended experience.

"Battlefield: Bad Company 2 delivers an all-out war experience unlike any other FPS with its wide, open sand box environments, tactical destruction and of course the full range of player controlled vehicles," said Karl Magnus Troedsson, the executive producer of the Battlefield Franchise at Digital Illusions CE. "The game stands on more legs than this but these are the key areas which elevate Battlefield: Bad Company 2 above the rest of the pack." Read the rest...

HaiBai
GameSpot PS3 Beta Giveaway
GameSpot is giving out 65,000 beta keys on November 19. Offer is for U.S. residents only, and requires a PSN account.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 brings the spectacular Battlefield gameplay to the forefront of next-gen consoles and PC - featuring best-in-class vehicular combat set across a wide range of huge sandbox maps each with a different tactical focus, and we're giving GameSpot users a chance to take part in the PlayStation 3 Beta Test.

The Beta Test features the 24-player Arica Harbour map, where the American assault unit attacks the Russian army base, pushing further through a beautiful desert town and towards the industrial area in a desperate attempt to overtake the Arica harbor. We'll be giving away 65,000 keys on November 19th, so be sure to check back then. Offer is for U.S. residents only, and requires a PSN account.

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Offer open to U.S. GameSpot members. This offer may be modified at any time without notice. Offer expires 1/4/2010 or until supplies last, whichever comes first. Read the rest...

Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6844|Reykjavík, Iceland.
The fact that it will be DX11 means that the devs are actually bothering with the PC version, a straight up port (MW2) would be DX9 only.

Now, if only I had a DX11 card
TravisC555
+118|6220|Cox Convention Center, OK
If anyone still needs a beta key go here http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/ba … company-2/

I got one , don't know how long the keys will last though.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6714|Purplicious Wisconsin
How long will it take to get a beta key?
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6655

10 seconds.

Plug in your e-mail, wait for the slow website to load, then bam.
Once you get the key, go to the PSN store and "redeem code/voucher".
TravisC555
+118|6220|Cox Convention Center, OK
If your talking about the one I posted, after you enter your email and stuff it should take you to a page with the key at the top. You will also recieve an email shortly after with the key in it also.
War Man
Playstation Store says this item is not available in my country/region? I signed as a fucking american and I've been on PS Store before
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6655

War Man wrote:

Playstation Store says this item is not available in my country/region? I signed as a fucking american and I've been on PS Store before
Did you read the details on the page?

Hint: Spoiler (highlight to read):
Not available until Nov. 19

Last edited by mtb0minime (2009-11-17 09:16:30)

War Man

mtb0minime wrote:

Did you read the details on the page?

Hint: Spoiler (highlight to read):
Not available until Nov. 19
I can't get on Playstation Store and yes I know

Last edited by War Man (2009-11-17 09:17:58)

Scratch[USA]
+105|6548
Got me a key takes about 30 seconds.
Well looks like I have to put any future purchases on hold until I get me a new graphics card.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6655

Scratch[USA] wrote:

Got me a key takes about 30 seconds.
Well looks like I have to put any future purchases on hold until I get me a new graphics card.
Why do you need a new graphics card?
This is the PS3 we're talking about. You can't upgrade it....

Last edited by mtb0minime (2009-11-17 09:32:35)

Scratch[USA]
+105|6548
Sorry I will be getting the pc version at release, but might aswell give the ps3 beta a go.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6469

Sydney wrote:

The fact that it will be DX11 means that the devs are actually bothering with the PC version, a straight up port (MW2) would be DX9 only.

Now, if only I had a DX11 card
The PC version will also have 32 max players instead of 24 like the console one. Also the devs have stated that they feel there is a difference between the way game are played on the console and on the PC, and that they will balance the game around that. Also the PC version is being made by a different team, made up of mostly BF2 devs.

But whether or not they follow threw is a different story, but I do have enough faith in them. Also there will be a beta and demo so you can see for yourself.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6655

Scratch[USA] wrote:

Sorry I will be getting the pc version at release, but might aswell give the ps3 beta a go.
Ah ok. For a second I was like
Mugen
+19|6000
fuck yeah, got my beta code for ps3

d/ling right now.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6844|Reykjavík, Iceland.
PS3 beta is only for US, ffffuuuuu.

My friend has a PS3 and I wants to try it!
HaiBai
Bad Company 2 Beta Tactics
Learn the tactics required to play as either Attacker or Defender in this two part video with Gordon Van Dyke.

[video]http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tactics-walkthrough-battlefield-bad/59044[/video]

[video]http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tactics-walkthrough-battlefield-bad/59042[/video]

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard