+194|6354|West NY

Ilocano wrote:

Release date bumped up to January 2010.
Hopefully for the better
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6714|Purplicious Wisconsin
The beta for PC version delayed?

Also, fucking Microsoft. What other stuff have they booked that prevents the xbox beta coming at same time as PS3
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6469
http://bashandslash.com/index.php

^ Gordon Van Dyke on the same podcast that Rob Bowling announced that MW2 wouldn't have Dedi servers on the PC. Listening now, pretty interesting.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6621|London, England
For Europe and Asia - Keep your eyes open for local opportunities!

More details to follow as we continue to announce additional beta key partners next week. Check back our blog for more details.
gay

Probably won't get in but it's worth a shot.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6153|what

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

http://bashandslash.com/index.php

^ Gordon Van Dyke on the same podcast that Rob Bowling announced that MW2 wouldn't have Dedi servers on the PC. Listening now, pretty interesting.
Listening now. Yeah it is interesting.

They were a Cod webcast and to be interviewing this guy really shows how bad IW have played this whole situation.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5484|Bolingbrook, Illinois
IGN Beta Keys for Bad Company 2
IGN released some additional details as to how the Bad Company 2 Playstation 3 beta keys will be handed out. They will go out to IGN Insiders and GameSpy Founder's Club members starting Tuesday, November 10th.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Earlier today, Electronic Arts announced a PlayStation exclusive multiplayer beta for Battlefield: Bad Company 2. The beta starts on November 19.

Normal folk will have to reserve the game at select retailers to receive beta keys, but IGN Insiders and GameSpy Founder's Club members can get keys starting on Tuesday, November 10.

Well have more details then, so make sure to check back with us next week.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IGN
HaiBai
Battlefield Beta - Creating The Trailer
The Playstation blog has an interview with Marcus “Noken” Johansson creator of the "Frost" and "Mine" series as well as many of the trailers released by DICE.

Goddag på er!

My name is Marcus “Noken” Johansson and I’m one of the guys working at the DICE Video Crew in Stockholm, Sweden.

We got some really cool stuff to show you from the upcoming Beta map, Arica Harbor, but it isn’t just a new trailer, it’s actually something a little different.

Usually when we create movies there’s a lot of intense action which is always good, but this time we wanted to try something we haven’t done before.

The idea was to find action filled moments and then capture them while the game was paused. This way the viewer can focus more on details and maybe imagine how he or she would play in that specific situation. Read the rest...

BF Blog
HaiBai
Five New Bad Company 2 Screenshots
EA also released 5 new screenshots today of Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

Mekstizzle
WALKER
This game looks awesome.

[video]http://www.gametrailers.com/video/africa-harbour-battlefield-bad/58727[/video]
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6446|The Land of Scott Walker
Cannot wait ...
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6223|Escea

Humvee flip + roadkill at the end =
Mekstizzle
WALKER
I liked how he writes "for whatever reason"

IGN wrote:

Grenade shells still do next to nothing against a tank (for whatever reason)
Maybe because it's a fucking tank, shit, the game has to have at least a little realism no? Even the writers/media in todays world has become a bunch of softy console fags, and this is coming from me, a self described console fag

IGN wrote:

With TOE missiles garnishing the tops of buildings that look down on the main alleyway there's plenty of room for players to setup shop above the mayhem
TOE?

Ok lol, come on.

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-11-07 12:23:50)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6223|Escea

Tube-Launched Optically-Tracked Eskimo tbh
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6655

How does one go about signing up for the PC beta?
Zukabazuka
+23|6686
Either its pre order the game or its gonna be open beta for PC. The beta would arrive sometime December. So there is some time before we really know about it.
War Man
Gay if there isn't an open beta for xbox version as I don't have a computer available and I don't like having to play on the ps3 version.

Last edited by War Man (2009-11-07 15:22:10)

HaiBai
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Super FAQ
EA and DICE have been busy fielding Bad Company 2 questions on the Playstation Blog and Twitter. I compiled all the most informative and interesting responses and posted them below.

Playstation Blog Comment Responses

How long will the beta last?

Currently the Beta is planned on running up to January 4th, 2010. -Source

Single player info

We are focusing on multiplayer right now and will be releasing more information about the single player in the near future. Don’t worry Bad Company will be back including Haggard! -Source

1) Will the game support local co-op?
2) Will the game support online co-op?
3) Will the game support duel PSN ID log-in if there is local co-op? (Look at Resistance 2)

1) No local co-op
2) We have some new game modes that I can’t mention yet, but you will be pleased.
3) See answer above
-Source

Will this be rated “M” or “T”?"

It will be an M rated title. -Source

So, how do Canadians get access to a beta key I absolutely must get in on this!

I believe that Canadians should be able to go through the same process as those in the US. You can pre-order at Best Buy and GameStop for guaranteed access or stay up to date at http://www.battlefield.com for other ways to get codes -Source

Is there a list yet of which retailers will be offering the beta?

Currently GameStop and Best Buy are offering the beta, but check back at the Battlefield Blog for updates. -Source

Looks awesome! Will the beta be available to UK PS3 owners?

Yes, the beta is available worldwide. -Source
In North America, reserving at Gamestop will get you access. Best Buy is also putting together a program that we will announce details on early next week. -Source

There was no need to hold L3 down to do so like in BF:BC. Is this a function that is gonna be carried over?

Yes, same functionality as BF1943. Just click L3, no need to hold it down. -Source

Twitter Comments

Hey are the new screenshots ingame or from the engine?

All ingame, that's near the 2nd base going down into the town in Arica Harbor. Possibly my favorite location in mp gaming, ever -Source

The screenshots are taken with high quality AA & higher resolution for print purposes. But in-game action & content! -Source

The official blog tells that the PC beta will be Open, but in BashAndSlash interview Gordon tells that its a Closed one. How is it?

Pc is closed, demo in jan -Source

Hey could u tell how customizable the HUD will be? Can you remove the object markings etc. out of the way if u want?

Heh. can't say at the moment. Ask me again next week. -Source

Any early access on 360?

sadly no.. MS's holiday slate was totally booked. Really wanted to, though! -Source

I'm not sure if this was mentioned or not but is BF:BC 2 fully DX 11 compliant or is it just a feature of the engine?

Not fully clear yet, the PC specifics are still in development -Source

Hi Gordon, will BFBC2 support 1080p mode on PS3, BFBC and BF1943 didn't what about the newie?! Thanks.

No, but @repi is the man to ask about that, he's our rendering engineer with an unmeasurable IQ.

repi: BFBC2 renders a full 720p frame buffer and as such does not support the PS3 1080p mode, your TV will scale -Source

Can you explain in less than 140 why 1080P benefits aren't worth the memory cost, or are they?

1080p is a huge memory & perf hit on consoles, we instead use that for large environments, more destruction, vehicles and amount of players -Source

Is there AA on BFBC2 this time? i noticed BF1943 had a carrier texture loading glitch on PS3 only, but the game was slower on 360.

Sorry no AA for BFBC2 when using 720p. We again focus more on the gameplay, effects, destruction & environments -Source

But I hope AA works on pc

Yes on PC anti-aliasing will work -Source

And will Prone be avalible in PC version?

No. Prone is not in any version of BFBC2. -Source

Looks like BFBC2 will be on G4TV's X-Play next week.
GordonVanDyke: @AdamSessler see you Wednesday next week for BFBC2.

Above questions and answers from the following DICE developers:
Gordon Van Dyke
Johan Andersson
Alan Kertz
David Goldfarb
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6153|what

Modern Warfare 2 was a must buy for me and I thought this game would be too much like BC1.

But now I've bought Shattered Horizon to keep me happy until BF:BC2 is released, which is the must buy game. MW2 can go to hell.

<3 DICE
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
War Man
No prone? kinda gay, but oh well.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

War Man wrote:

Yeah, considering the promo vids has the sniper proning.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6149|'straya

War Man wrote:

If it cuts down on constant camping / dolphin diving then I don't really mind.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5789|Catherine Black
I'm really quite pissed there's no prone. They made a big almost publicity stunt saying there'd be prone in PC but not on consoles, and now they're taking it away?

You need prone for a BF game!
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6353|Troy, New York

Finray wrote:

I'm really quite pissed there's no prone. They made a big almost publicity stunt saying there'd be prone in PC but not on consoles, and now they're taking it away?

You need prone for a BF game!
I think its an old FAQ. Im pulling this out of my ass (to some extent) but from Interviews and so forth ive read they will have prone on pc.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6469
Well as the PC version will have a beta, if all the testers push for prone, I'm sure DICE will put it in.
Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5936
No prone? Why would you do that? Hitting the dirt when the shit hits the fan is a very important aspect of combat. Without prone it wouldn't be fun to play. Not to mention cover can be so easily destroyed.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard