Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6128|eXtreme to the maX
Any Israeli soldiers accused of war crimes in the Gaza Strip will be given state protection from prosecution overseas, the country's PM has said.
Ehud Olmert said troops should know Israel would keep them safe after they acted to protect their country.
Palestinians say 1,300 people died during the offensive, and UN officials want independent probes into whether war crimes were committed.
In Israel, Prime Minister Olmert told a weekly cabinet meeting that soldiers who had put their lives on the line for their country need not fear prosecution for war crimes overseas.

"The commanders and soldiers that were sent on the task in Gaza should know that they are safe from any tribunal and that the State of Israel will assist them in this issue and protect them as they protected us with their bodies during the military operation in Gaza," he said.

Israel's military tactics have come under intense scrutiny as evidence has emerged of the high numbers of Palestinian civilians killed in Gaza.
Among complaints made by human rights groups are accusations of indiscriminate firing and the use of white phosphorus shells in civilian areas.

Israel has admitted using white phosphorus in Gaza but says it did not break international law in doing so.

White phosphorus is legal for creating smokescreens in open battleground. But rights groups and journalists say it was used in crowded civilian areas.

The weapon sticks to human skin and will burn through to the bone.
http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7850085.stm

One rule for them, another for the goyim?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
bogo24dk
+26|6528
What can you expect from a army made from terrorist :

An article titled "Terror" in He Khazit (The Front, a Lehi underground newspaper) argued as follows:

Neither Jewish ethics nor Jewish tradition can disqualify terrorism as a means of combat. We are very far from having any moral qualms as far as our national war goes. We have before us the command of the Torah, whose morality surpasses that of any other body of laws in the world: "Ye shall blot them out to the last man." But first and foremost, terrorism is for us a part of the political battle being conducted under the present circumstances, and it has a great part to play: speaking in a clear voice to the whole world, as well as to our wretched brethren outside this land, it proclaims our war against the occupier. We are particularly far from this sort of hesitation in regard to an enemy whose moral perversion is admitted by all. [10]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lehi_(group)
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6469|Chicago, IL
Hamas uses human shields, it isn't possible to fight them without civilian casualties, its an unfortunate situation for everyone involved.
bogo24dk
+26|6528
Idf have proved that they don't care if they kill a entire family if they kill a terrorist. Knowing that makes human shield worthless.

The only one who has success using human shileds are the IDF.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6571|San Diego, CA, USA

S.Lythberg wrote:

Hamas uses human shields, it isn't possible to fight them without civilian casualties, its an unfortunate situation for everyone involved.
Agreed.  I would go for Israeli's being prosecuted for War Crimes if Hamas was also prosecuted for each of the 8,000 rockets (each a war crime under the GC).

Oh +1 btw.
bogo24dk
+26|6528

Harmor wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Agreed.  I would go for Israeli's being prosecuted for War Crimes if Hamas was also prosecuted for each of the 8,000 rockets (each a war crime under the GC).

Oh +1 btw.
Ok an eye for a eye. How many IDF soldiers have been targeted by a missile and killed ?
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6571|San Diego, CA, USA
Well...when Hamas randomly shoots a rocket into Israel...all of them in-range of those rockets.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6022|...

bogo24dk wrote:

Ok an eye for a eye. How many IDF soldiers have been targeted by a missile and killed ?
that's the point, they don't target anything they just fire off in the wild hoping to kill anything jewish.
inane little opines
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6469|Chicago, IL

bogo24dk wrote:

Harmor wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Oh +1 btw.
not missile, rocket

they're not aimed in any way, the guidance system is similar to that of a bottle rocket.

The problem we have is that Hamas places its store houses and facilities in close proximity to schools and hospitals in the hopes that Israel will: a) destroy both, giving them a body to parade around, or b) leave the facility alone because of its location.

It is also a war crime to embed yourself in a civilian populace, so you'd better get busy prosecuting both of them
ghettoperson
+1,943|6671

It's a war crime to round up civilians into a house, and then proceed to bomb it flat. But I guess this will be largely ignored by some of you who seem to think Israel can do no wrong.
bogo24dk
+26|6528

S.Lythberg wrote:

bogo24dk wrote:

Harmor wrote:

Oh +1 btw.
not missile, rocket

they're not aimed in any way, the guidance system is similar to that of a bottle rocket.

The problem we have is that Hamas places its store houses and facilities in close proximity to schools and hospitals in the hopes that Israel will: a) destroy both, giving them a body to parade around, or b) leave the facility alone because of its location.

It is also a war crime to embed yourself in a civilian populace, so you'd better get busy prosecuting both of them
You don't understand. I was referring to the IDF actions which they regularly target a hamas member from an apache helicopter. And my question is this : How many IDF officers who are guilty have faced the same punishment.

And according to the rockets.

When you fire those so called rockets they have no idea where it will land. If it's a house or a field. Over 95% procent of those rockets have hit a field mark not a civilian house.

But the actions of IDF where they systematically destroyed houses killed civilians makes hamas look like a amateur.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6469|Chicago, IL

bogo24dk wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

bogo24dk wrote:

not missile, rocket

You don't understand. I was referring to the IDF actions which they regularly target a hamas member from an apache helicopter. And my question is this : How many IDF officers who are guilty have faced the same punishment.

When you fire those so called rockets they have no idea where it will land. If it's a house or a field. Over 95% procent of those rockets have hit a field mark not a civilian house.

But the actions of IDF where they systematically destroyed houses killed civilians makes hamas look like a amateur.
Hamas are amateurs, that is why they resort to human shields and blind fire rockets.

Hamas members are known to torture and kill their prisoners, I'd rather kill them from 3,000 feet away than risk capture.  When they follow the rules of engagement, I'll expect Israel to do the same.
bogo24dk
+26|6528

S.Lythberg wrote:

bogo24dk wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

not missile, rocket

Hamas are amateurs, that is why they resort to human shields and blind fire rockets.

Hamas members are known to torture and kill their prisoners, I'd rather kill them from 3,000 feet away than risk capture.  When they follow the rules of engagement, I'll expect Israel to do the same.
Do they now. Then why is Israel still insisting on releasing Gillad Shalit the captured Israeli soldier. I am no fan of hamas but IDF is gulty of the same points which you make. Torture is well known of Palestinian prisoners. Even Americans are using torture in gitmo.

And your point of killing hamas from 3000 feet is one of the coward one. Cause hitting with a car or anything in highly dense populated area. Is guranted in killing civilians.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6469|Chicago, IL

bogo24dk wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

bogo24dk wrote:

Do they now. Then why is Israel still insisting on releasing Gillad Shalit the captured Israeli soldier. I am no fan of hamas but IDF is gulty of the same points which you make. Torture is well known of Palestinian prisoners. Even Americans are using torture in gitmo.

And your point of killing hamas from 3000 feet is one of the coward one. Cause hitting with a car or anything in highly dense populated area. Is guranted in killing civilians.
lol, call me a coward while sitting safely behind a computer thousands of miles away

The Israelis invaded Lebanon to free four captured soldiers, their bodies were returned as part of the cease fire.  The point I'm trying to make here is that Hamas is a savage group of moral-less people who will endanger or kill anyone and everyone to maintain control over Gaza, They indiscriminately torture and kill anything they can get their hands on, be it jewish or the wrong kind of arab, and until they behave with even a shred of morality, you cannot expect the forces opposing them to sit back and take the pummeling.  It is simply not possible to defeat Hamas without civilian casualties, it is inherent in the type of war they want to fight.  Hamas thrives on civilian deaths, and will do anything it can to make sure they continue.
bogo24dk
+26|6528

S.Lythberg wrote:

bogo24dk wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

lol, call me a coward while sitting safely behind a computer thousands of miles away

The Israelis invaded Lebanon to free four captured soldiers, their bodies were returned as part of the cease fire.  The point I'm trying to make here is that Hamas is a savage group of moral-less people who will endanger or kill anyone and everyone to maintain control over Gaza, They indiscriminately torture and kill anything they can get their hands on, be it jewish or the wrong kind of arab, and until they behave with even a shred of morality, you cannot expect the forces opposing them to sit back and take the pummeling.  It is simply not possible to defeat Hamas without civilian casualties, it is inherent in the type of war they want to fight.  Hamas thrives on civilian deaths, and will do anything it can to make sure they continue.
I am calling you a coward cause you don't have a problem killing a civilians.

Almost 1500 civilians killed and IDF is claiming Victory. While Hamas has a stronger support because of the IDF war crimes. The tunnels are up and running like they did before. Soon the rockets will be fired if Israel is still keeping the embargo on gaza which makes it look like a polish getho for jews under ww2.

If you think that hamas will go away by killing civilians. Then you are wrong. Every time a civilian is killed it automatically creates hatred and a potential hamas member.

The Israeli actions aren't there to eliminate hamas . The lates action was to get revenge.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6469|Chicago, IL

bogo24dk wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

bogo24dk wrote:

I am calling you a coward cause you don't have a problem killing a civilians.

Almost 1500 civilians killed and IDF is claiming Victory. While Hamas has a stronger support because of the IDF war crimes. The tunnels are up and running like they did before. Soon the rockets will be fired if Israel is still keeping the embargo on gaza which makes it look like a polish getho for jews under ww2.

If you think that hamas will go away by killing civilians. Then you are wrong. Every time a civilian is killed it automatically creates hatred and a potential hamas member.

The Israeli actions aren't there to eliminate hamas . The lates action was to get revenge.

then how do you suggest Israel deal with Hamas?
bogo24dk
+26|6528
Hamas is against peace. Giving people real hopes of a peace. Which will mean almost the end of hamas. Cause if they will stand against a peace which will improve the life of the people in gaza. Then you will see a revolution in Gaza.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6469|Chicago, IL

bogo24dk wrote:

Hamas is against peace. Giving people real hopes of a peace. Which will mean almost the end of hamas. Cause if they will stand against a peace which will improve the life of the people in gaza. Then you will see a revolution in Gaza.
I'll agree with you that Hamas is against peace, but how should Israel respond when the rockets start firing again?  Hamas will try to start a fight, it's inevitable.
bogo24dk
+26|6528

S.Lythberg wrote:

bogo24dk wrote:

I'll agree with you that Hamas is against peace, but how should Israel respond when the rockets start firing again?  Hamas will try to start a fight, it's inevitable.
Remember that the embargo was before the rockets where flying on Israel. The embargo is killing children old people and sick people. Cause no equipment or medicine is getting in. Hamas has announced that they want a cease fire for 18 months if the embargo is removed. In that time Israel could conduct "REAL" peace talks with abbas. And showing that there is a real chance of peace. And by doing that Hamas will automatically lose support.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6469|Chicago, IL

bogo24dk wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

bogo24dk wrote:

Remember that the embargo was before the rockets where flying on Israel. The embargo is killing children old people and sick people. Cause no equipment or medicine is getting in. Hamas has announced that they want a cease fire for 18 months if the embargo is removed. In that time Israel could conduct "REAL" peace talks with abbas. And showing that there is a real chance of peace. And by doing that Hamas will automatically lose support.
Lifting the embargo will just allow re-arming, but allowing food, fuel, and medical supplies in would be a good step to take.
bogo24dk
+26|6528

S.Lythberg wrote:

bogo24dk wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Lifting the embargo will just allow re-arming, but allowing food, fuel, and medical supplies in would be a good step to take.
How ??? Is the IDF going to supply the rockets. Cause we are talking about the border to Israel not to Egypt.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6469|Chicago, IL

bogo24dk wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

bogo24dk wrote:

How ??? Is the IDF going to supply the rockets. Cause we are talking about the border to Israel not to Egypt.
the trucks don't come from israel, they come from outside the country
bogo24dk
+26|6528

S.Lythberg wrote:

bogo24dk wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

But the trucks will enter Israel and then Gaza. By entering Israel the trucks will be inspected.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6469|Chicago, IL

bogo24dk wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

bogo24dk wrote:

But the trucks will enter Israel and then Gaza. By entering Israel the trucks will be inspected.
what about the border with Egypt?
bogo24dk
+26|6528
Closed like it has been for the most of the time.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard