Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6216|Ireland
I m about to get it.  Anyone else get it and how much and experiences please.

And yes I am going blind from jerking off and I hope they cut my brain with the laser too, so don't bother posting it.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6571|Long Island, New York
I'm getting it along with PRK (to fix my astigmatism and correct my vision for flying) when I'm 18.

A family friend of ours got it though and said it doesn't hurt a bit and takes about 10 minutes (if not less) for each eye, and was very worth it.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6682

10 minutes is that it? I've thought about getting it, isn't it quite expensive?
SealXo
+309|6569

ghettoperson wrote:

10 minutes is that it? I've thought about getting it, isn't it quite expensive?
gets cheaper all the tiem.
Home
Section.80
+447|6881|Seattle, Washington, USA

My dad got it, he said it was really weird and when they start cutting (or something, I can't remember exactly when) you go blind for a minute and he said that kind of freaked him out, but other than that it wasn't really painful or anything.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6523|Gogledd Cymru

Home wrote:

you go blind for a minute and he said that kind of freaked him out
Fucking hell, that would be horrible, especially if they didn't tell you, or subtly said "Shit" or similar.
El Beardo
steel woolly mammoth
+150|5753|Gulf Coast

My GF's father had it done about a year ago and it didn't help, but I think it's got a pretty good success rate overall.

Last edited by DrPeePeeFace (2009-01-24 13:42:55)

Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5735|College Park, MD
My mother got it, worked wonders. You do go blind for a minute, but not as in you simply see a wall of white or a wall of black. Since they open the outer part of your cornea, your vision goes wonkers and all you can really see are a light and some flashing stuff (the laser). The worst part is post-surgery, since you've got to be religious about always wearing sunglasses outside for a week or two, as well as using these things to cover your eyes when you sleep. And of course putting in eyedrops every so often. I'd try and get a week off work if possible, just to make it as simple as you can.

I'm probably gonna get LASIK once I can. As much as I hate the idea of them cutting open my cornea, I figure 10 minutes of uncomfortableness is a fair trade off for perfect vision and no longer needing glasses or contacts or any of that shit. I'll just take a valium or two (they give them to you before surgery if you want) and listen to some music.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6740|67.222.138.85
My eye doctor once told me that since I have huuuuuuuuuge pupils, I would be a very bad candidate. Apparently a bunch of people are bitching about Lasik fucking up their eyes because of this.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6634|132 and Bush

My mom got it.. now she can't read anything right infront of her face. She claims she can see further away now. I don't believe her..lol.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6216|Ireland
They are charging me 3K at lasikplus to do an Intralase with Wavefront to correct a -5.5 perscription and slight astigmatism.  I hate the idea of people fucking with my eyes but I am fed up with glasses and won't do contacts.  I get very angry when I don't have my glasses on, weird reaction to not being able to see, and I figure the technology is about as mature as it will get while still having to fillet your cornea before they shape it.

I have about 72 hours to back out now without it costing me.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
You're not gonna find it much cheaper, and I wouldn't skimp on something like this.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6216|Ireland

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

My eye doctor once told me that since I have huuuuuuuuuge pupils, I would be a very bad candidate. Apparently a bunch of people are bitching about Lasik fucking up their eyes because of this.
yeah, mine are 6.4mm and average is about 5.5mm as I recall so I got big balls but they are also thick, corneas are 620um vs ~540um being average.  The lady said since I am big and thick she would do me.
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6660|Canada

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

yeah, mine are 6.4mm and average is about 5.5mm as I recall so I got big balls but they are also thick, corneas are 620um vs ~540um being average.  The lady said since I am big and thick she would do me.
lol lucky you
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

i see what you did there
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6501
My dad had it seven years ago, and it has really done allot for him.

And that was with older technology and technique, now it would probably help even more.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6588
I've considered it. Big call fucking with your eyes.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6654|London, England
Well they do it one at a time, I've heard. Like they do one eye, then wait a few days or hours or some shit to see if nothing went wrong, and then if it was all a-ok then they'd go and do the other one. That way, at the very least, you might be blind or blinder in one eye, but at least the other still works...
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6571|Long Island, New York
It's too bad you can't join the military (or can you?). The Air Force offers it.

http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/airforce/a/aflasik.htm
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6216|Ireland

Mekstizzle wrote:

Well they do it one at a time, I've heard. Like they do one eye, then wait a few days or hours or some shit to see if nothing went wrong, and then if it was all a-ok then they'd go and do the other one. That way, at the very least, you might be blind or blinder in one eye, but at least the other still works...
They do them both in the same session, if the laser is programmed wrong enough to blind both eyes you need to kill the fucking Dr.  No jury would convict you.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6139|eXtreme to the maX
I knew a woman in the UK who had it.
The kid operating the machine tapped in the wrong numbers and screwed her eyes permanently.
Besides that there are plenty of possible complications.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2009-01-24 18:26:33)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
I'd do some actual research instead of letting internet forum users scare you out of the procedure. Complaints about the procedure will obviously be more vocal than compliments. You've got a pretty good chance of getting in a car crash on your way to the operation, or on your way to the supermarket etc yet you still drive.
Stimey
­
+786|6153|Ontario | Canada
My boss got it.
Said it was the best 2000 he ever spent.
­
­
­
­
­
­
beerface702
+65|6726|las vegas
my father got it when he was 59.  He is 62 now His eyesight is better, but his night vision is shit, so he had to get a special prescription for driving at night. His eyes where dried out like rotten fruit for almost a year aswell.

he was legally blind before the lasik, 190/300 or something like that..it worked out ok though, still the side effects suck..and they are pretty common, dry ass eyes, poor night vision, possibly poor vision in general if the place doing it was crap.

Myself my eyes are getting pretty bad, nearsighted. I wear glasses for most things, except around the house, or at the computer.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6769|Salt Lake City

Just did two weeks ago today.  I'm loving it.  Got it done at one by one of the best lasik surgeons in the US, and a killer deal to boot.  Only cost me $2350 for both eyes.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard