Brasso
+1,549|6635

ElementalDragon wrote:

it's not too fun to have to turn the fan speed up any further.  even at around 50%, it's noticable over game noises.... at least at the volume i tend to play Crysis: Warhead at (Auzentech control panel volume at around 67%, Z-5500 control center volume at around a bar and a half).
aftermarket cooling - the only viable solution

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
ElementalDragon
+6|5575
for a dual-PCB card.  when a company comes out with one.... you let me know.  lol

I saw that CoolIT Solutions is coming out with a self-contained water cooling system for the GTX 295 itself... but i'm not sure if i'd really want to get that.  it would be kinda perfect though.  could probably put the radiator and stuff at the bottom 120mm fan port in my case.  fresh, cool, room air cooling the water, rather than case-temp air.
Brasso
+1,549|6635

ElementalDragon wrote:

for a dual-PCB card.  when a company comes out with one.... you let me know.  lol

I saw that CoolIT Solutions is coming out with a self-contained water cooling system for the GTX 295 itself... but i'm not sure if i'd really want to get that.  it would be kinda perfect though.  could probably put the radiator and stuff at the bottom 120mm fan port in my case.  fresh, cool, room air cooling the water, rather than case-temp air.
in most cases, two VF900s work
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6419|Finland

haffeysucks wrote:

ElementalDragon wrote:

hmmm u simply CAN'T use two VF900s with GTX 295, nor other air coolers... I saw some EK waterblocks listed for 130€...

Last edited by GC_PaNzerFIN (2009-01-29 05:22:40)

3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
Brasso
+1,549|6635

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

ElementalDragon wrote:

hmmm u simply CAN'T use two VF900s with GTX 295, nor other air coolers... I saw some EK waterblocks listed for 130€...
yeah...it might be a little embarrassing, but not being caught up with the actual design of the card, i figured it was two GPUs on one PCB, a la 4870X2.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6572|NYC / Hamburg

actually you can

Unsandwich the card, flip the PCBs around, mount the coolers, done. It'll take some leet modding skills though
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6419|Finland

max wrote:

actually you can

Unsandwich the card, flip the PCBs around, mount the coolers, done. It'll take some leet modding skills though
well yeah if I wanted to do something like that I would just buy two GTX 280s...
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
max
Vela Incident

you can't SLI 4 GTX280s
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6419|Finland

max wrote:

you can't SLI 4 GTX280s
I doubt you could sli the VF900 modded GTX 295s either
max
Vela Incident

sure you can, all you need is some PCI-e riser cards
ElementalDragon
+6|5575
yeah... don't even think VF900's are suited for any of the GT200 cards.  I've seen a pic where some guy mounted two Thermalright HR-03 GT's on i believe a 9800GX2..... but that's a LOT of weight.  think that'd be somewhere around 820G.  the HR-03 GTX, which would probably be what's needed for a GTX 295, has the same weight.  On top of that, the need to have two 120mm fans on each heatsink to cool them..... yeah... i'd prefer NOT trying to separate my video card from the expansion bracket and also the PCI-Express slot from the motherboard.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard