Fireteam_Delta
+20|6478
After a failed overclock my computer wouldn't boot, I could not clear CMOS so I RMA'd that board. 

So I got the replacement and the same problem occured, at this point I wasn't so sure it was the motherboard. 

Before I went to a new board I tried a completely different Video card, CPU and RAM (the cpu was from an old Dell and could possibly be broken as well.)

I just tried a completely different board and it still wouldn't boot.

So its not the board.  What else could it be?

Rig:

Motherboard:Biostar Tpower i45 (Was the board I RMA'd, after the OC it read FF as an error code)

Other motherboard: Asus formula rampage x48

RAM: Corsair dominator ddr2

Video card: Asus eah4850 top

PSU: corsair 750w

CPU: intel Q9400

Stuff scavenged from Dell:

CPU: Pentium 4 *EDIT* my bad, I said 3

Video card Radeon something or other

RAM something old, like around 512mb per stick

Ask for more details if required.

Thanks

Last edited by Fireteam_Delta (2009-01-21 08:05:04)

GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6458|Finland

Do the fans start spinning? Try with only one ram stick, do the same with both sticks.

So you tried different gfx card, ram and cpu on the socket 775 mobo, or why list the P3 stuff?

Do you get black screen or can you see the bootlogo or post message?

Last edited by GC_PaNzerFIN (2009-01-20 22:15:34)

3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
GR34
+215|6589|ALBERTA> CANADA
did you put the P3 in the other mobo because if you did that would be fucking retarded? i doubt that but try a different Graphics card and ram basically all the stuff PanzerFIN said
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6760
did you test the power supply ...?  Do the fans come on or does the motherboard beep or have an led that comes on?
Is the board grounded properly... not getting shorted?
Love is the answer
Fireteam_Delta
+20|6478

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Do the fans start spinning? Try with only one ram stick, do the same with both sticks.

So you tried different gfx card, ram and cpu on the socket 775 mobo, or why list the P3 stuff?

Do you get black screen or can you see the bootlogo or post message?
Fans started spinning, Tried with only one, did that with all of them.

I said the wrong pentium

I get a black screen, and my Asus rampage says CPU init on the LCD poster.

Catbox wrote:

did you test the power supply ...?  Do the fans come on or does the motherboard beep or have an led that comes on?
Is the board grounded properly... not getting shorted?
LEDs on the motherboard are on, PSU works as far as im concerned. 

Its grounded, I have rubber o-rings so It wont touch anything.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6612|NYC / Hamburg

remove everything from the case, set up only the mobo, CPU, 1 stick of ram, GPU and PSU on your table and try again
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard