Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6316|eng
Right, well seing as I have both, I have come to some conclusions based on my own opinions, see if you agree.

Weaponary - CoD4 has a reasonable amount of guns, with quite alot of variation, with guns like the AK47 and AK74u being the best. CoD5 has a smaller amount of weapons, with bolt actions and semi autos split up into seperate classes. The fact that you need need to get 25 kills with a bolt action to turn it into a sniper rifle is stupid and needless in my opinion. Grenades also seem to be solid lead in CoD5, taking real effort to throw them further than about 10 ft. So overall, CoD4 wins.

Maps - CoD4 has a couple of really good maps, like Strike and Countdown. CoD5 doesn't have a snigle good map, they all suck, either being too big or too small. Also, on Roundhouse, you can glitch into the area under the map, and shoot up, big glitch. CoD4 wins.

Perks - Exactly the same in both games, with CoD5 adding a couple of pointless Perks, like vehicle perks, and they changed the name of a couple. As with CoD4, the only perkset worth using is Bandolier, Stopping Power and Steady Aim. Draw.

Gameplay - CoD4 is a very easy game to play, with mucho pick up and play ability. CoD5 loses all of that, in favour of making it more rigid, and most of the guns having ridiculous levels of recoil, and you die easier than in CoD4 aswell. Everything in CoD5 has been done before, namely in CoD2, and done better. CoD4 wins.

Graphics - CoD4 has reasonable graphics, CoD5 has terrible graphics. There are about 4 different colours; brown, green, grey and muzzle flash. I have based this on PS3 vs PS3, I have yet to play CoD5 on PC. CoD4 wins.

Sound - CoD4 has fairly flat sound, with none of the guns feeling particularly meaty. CoD5 on the other hand makes every gun sound awesome, they have a really meaty and loud soundtrack. CoD5 wins.

The players - CoD4 takes little skill to be good at, but 'pr0s' use a relatively large variation of weapons. CoD5 involves using the Thompson or the STG-44 if you want to get even close to dominating a server. Treyarch may aswell have not bothered with the rifles, no one uses them. The last bad move by Treyarch, was putting the Silencer as the first Marksman reward, because 95% of people then feel that they HAVE to use it, and considering they make little to no noise, it gets tedious. CoD4 wins.

Vehicles - As you may have heard, CoD4 doesn't have vehicles, whereas CoD5 sees the addition of Tanks. Lovely. Well it would be if they didnt take over 9000 rockets to even cause a scratch, and they weren't slower than a paralysed snail. CoD4 wins, this series doesn't need vehicles.

Ranks - Added 10 more ranks (55 -> 65) through adding a "III" to most of the lower ranks. All it does is make ranking up more tedious. Again, consoles get Prestige mode, a bit of a gimmick. BUT, if you go through the Prestige levels, you get 10 classes! Good idea, if it didn't involve going thorugh the ranking up process 11 times, fuck that. But on the lengthening and increased classes, CoD5 wins.

Conclusion - CoD5 is not a game to be played on consoles, recoil is too hard to control, and the general play suits PC more, which isn't really what it should be, considering it is a console port. In this comparison, CoD4 is obviously my choice, which is a shame, because I really had high hopes of CoD5, but it is an improvement over that terrible mess of a game called CoD3.

About a week ago, I saw CoD2 for sale in Gamestation for £7.99, so I bought it. Fucking hell. It's so simple, but yet so great. I can't seperate it from CoD4, but it's certainly what a WW2 game should be. Roll on, CoD6.
#rekt
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6183|what

I love how everyone was saying Cod5 had terrible sound, but after release great sound. But at the same time the game didn't improve anywhere else from the demo. lol

Surprised you said that the ak is the best gun in cod4, I tend to play with the m4 much more. The bullet spread is far less imo.

But thanks for the analysis. +1

<3
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6651|London, England
The fact that you need need to get 25 kills with a bolt action to turn it into a sniper rifle is stupid and needless in my opinion. Grenades also seem to be solid lead in CoD5, taking real effort to throw them further than about 10 ft. So overall, CoD4 wins
No, that's awesome. I think we're all sick of the nade/sniper whores.

CoD5 loses all of that, in favour of making it more rigid, and most of the guns having ridiculous levels of recoil, and you die easier than in CoD4 aswell.
Good. Sounds like it's less of a noob game then.

and they weren't slower than a paralysed snail
It's WW2, that's how they were

CoD5 is not a game to be played on consoles, recoil is too hard to control, and the general play suits PC more
Good

Overall from what I'm gathering from your summary, Mint = epic noob
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6316|eng

Mekstizzle wrote:

The fact that you need need to get 25 kills with a bolt action to turn it into a sniper rifle is stupid and needless in my opinion. Grenades also seem to be solid lead in CoD5, taking real effort to throw them further than about 10 ft. So overall, CoD4 wins
The bolt actions don't kill in one shot, even with Stopping Power. By the time you've reloaded the shot, you've been obliterated by someone with a Thompson.

Also, something I didn't mention, you can knife someone from about 3 ft away and it will register as a hit, fail.

Mint =/= Epic noob, it's my opinion. I did say that.

Last edited by Mint Sauce (2008-11-16 04:42:36)

#rekt
DaMaster
+7|5855|USA, WV

Mint Sauce wrote:

Right, well seing as I have both, I have come to some conclusions based on my own opinions, see if you agree.

Weaponary - CoD4 has a reasonable amount of guns, with quite alot of variation, with guns like the AK47 and AK74u being the best. CoD5 has a smaller amount of weapons, with bolt actions and semi autos split up into seperate classes. The fact that you need need to get 25 kills with a bolt action to turn it into a sniper rifle is stupid and needless in my opinion. Grenades also seem to be solid lead in CoD5, taking real effort to throw them further than about 10 ft. So overall, CoD4 wins. I see it as a good thing that you have to get some kills before being able to sit back and camp as a sniper. About the different guns, CoD5 may have less guns, but, they include most of the guns used by the armies they portrayed (America, Russia, Japan, Germany). The only gun i can think of that they left out would be the M3 "Grease Gun". As for grenades, it helps reduce spam if you can throw them as far.

Maps - CoD4 has a couple of really good maps, like Strike and Countdown. CoD5 doesn't have a snigle good map, they all suck, either being too big or too small. Also, on Roundhouse, you can glitch into the area under the map, and shoot up, big glitch. CoD4 wins. This is more about personal prefance then anything. At least their are no shipments.

Perks - Exactly the same in both games, with CoD5 adding a couple of pointless Perks, like vehicle perks, and they changed the name of a couple. As with CoD4, the only perkset worth using is Bandolier, Stopping Power and Steady Aim. Draw. I agree

Gameplay - CoD4 is a very easy game to play, with mucho pick up and play ability. CoD5 loses all of that, in favour of making it more rigid, and most of the guns having ridiculous levels of recoil, and you die easier than in CoD4 aswell. Everything in CoD5 has been done before, namely in CoD2, and done better. CoD4 wins. I didn't really notice a huge amount of recoil from any guns.

Graphics - CoD4 has reasonable graphics, CoD5 has terrible graphics. There are about 4 different colours; brown, green, grey and muzzle flash. I have based this on PS3 vs PS3, I have yet to play CoD5 on PC. CoD4 wins. I didn't notice, but i am not graphic obsessed.

Sound - CoD4 has fairly flat sound, with none of the guns feeling particularly meaty. CoD5 on the other hand makes every gun sound awesome, they have a really meaty and loud soundtrack. CoD5 wins. Can't really commit here, crappy speakers and no sound card, it all sounds bad.

The players - CoD4 takes little skill to be good at, but 'pr0s' use a relatively large variation of weapons. CoD5 involves using the Thompson or the STG-44 if you want to get even close to dominating a server. Treyarch may aswell have not bothered with the rifles, no one uses them. The last bad move by Treyarch, was putting the Silencer as the first Marksman reward, because 95% of people then feel that they HAVE to use it, and considering they make little to no noise, it gets tedious. CoD4 wins. It may be that way on PS3, but on PC the entire server is not full of people using a Thompson, though more people seem to use it then any other gun. But, i see a lot of people with rifles, bolts, mg, smg, and a shotgun here and their. And, its the developers fault that a lot of people think just because they have it, they have to use it?

Vehicles - As you may have heard, CoD4 doesn't have vehicles, whereas CoD5 sees the addition of Tanks. Lovely. Well it would be if they didnt take over 9000 rockets to even cause a scratch, and they weren't slower than a paralysed snail. CoD4 wins, this series doesn't need vehicles. It all depends, if your team is acting like a team, tanks go down quick. Also, the tanks going slow makes them easier to kill and less of a dominating force.

Ranks - Added 10 more ranks (55 -> 65) through adding a "III" to most of the lower ranks. All it does is make ranking up more tedious. Again, consoles get Prestige mode, a bit of a gimmick. BUT, if you go through the Prestige levels, you get 10 classes! Good idea, if it didn't involve going thorugh the ranking up process 11 times, fuck that. But on the lengthening and increased classes, CoD5 wins. I agree, they give so little for going though Prestige and the exter ranks do add some playability.

You forgot one. In CoD5 there is a wider range of attachments and they make more sense. No rds for a shotgun and acog for an mp5.  

Conclusion - CoD5 is not a game to be played on consoles, recoil is too hard to control, and the general play suits PC more, which isn't really what it should be, considering it is a console port. In this comparison, CoD4 is obviously my choice, which is a shame, because I really had high hopes of CoD5, but it is an improvement over that terrible mess of a game called CoD3. This is the thing where their is no is right or wrong, and everyone will have their own opinion.
Edit: Bolts do kill 90% of the time in the Head, Neck, or Chest.

Last edited by DaMaster (2008-11-16 07:05:35)

bogo24dk
+26|6536
I think everyone who enjoyd cod uo will love this game. It's not perfect but what game is it these days.

Last edited by bogo24dk (2008-11-16 07:31:49)

Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6316|eng

DaMaster wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

Weaponary - CoD4 has a reasonable amount of guns, with quite alot of variation, with guns like the AK47 and AK74u being the best. CoD5 has a smaller amount of weapons, with bolt actions and semi autos split up into seperate classes. The fact that you need need to get 25 kills with a bolt action to turn it into a sniper rifle is stupid and needless in my opinion. Grenades also seem to be solid lead in CoD5, taking real effort to throw them further than about 10 ft. So overall, CoD4 wins. I see it as a good thing that you have to get some kills before being able to sit back and camp as a sniper. About the different guns, CoD5 may have less guns, but, they include most of the guns used by the armies they portrayed (America, Russia, Japan, Germany). The only gun i can think of that they left out would be the M3 "Grease Gun". As for grenades, it helps reduce spam if you can throw them as far.

Maps - CoD4 has a couple of really good maps, like Strike and Countdown. CoD5 doesn't have a snigle good map, they all suck, either being too big or too small. Also, on Roundhouse, you can glitch into the area under the map, and shoot up, big glitch. CoD4 wins. This is more about personal prefance then anything. At least their are no shipments.

Perks - Exactly the same in both games, with CoD5 adding a couple of pointless Perks, like vehicle perks, and they changed the name of a couple. As with CoD4, the only perkset worth using is Bandolier, Stopping Power and Steady Aim. Draw. I agree

Gameplay - CoD4 is a very easy game to play, with mucho pick up and play ability. CoD5 loses all of that, in favour of making it more rigid, and most of the guns having ridiculous levels of recoil, and you die easier than in CoD4 aswell. Everything in CoD5 has been done before, namely in CoD2, and done better. CoD4 wins. I didn't really notice a huge amount of recoil from any guns.

Graphics - CoD4 has reasonable graphics, CoD5 has terrible graphics. There are about 4 different colours; brown, green, grey and muzzle flash. I have based this on PS3 vs PS3, I have yet to play CoD5 on PC. CoD4 wins. I didn't notice, but i am not graphic obsessed.

Sound - CoD4 has fairly flat sound, with none of the guns feeling particularly meaty. CoD5 on the other hand makes every gun sound awesome, they have a really meaty and loud soundtrack. CoD5 wins. Can't really commit here, crappy speakers and no sound card, it all sounds bad.

The players - CoD4 takes little skill to be good at, but 'pr0s' use a relatively large variation of weapons. CoD5 involves using the Thompson or the STG-44 if you want to get even close to dominating a server. Treyarch may aswell have not bothered with the rifles, no one uses them. The last bad move by Treyarch, was putting the Silencer as the first Marksman reward, because 95% of people then feel that they HAVE to use it, and considering they make little to no noise, it gets tedious. CoD4 wins. It may be that way on PS3, but on PC the entire server is not full of people using a Thompson, though more people seem to use it then any other gun. But, i see a lot of people with rifles, bolts, mg, smg, and a shotgun here and their. And, its the developers fault that a lot of people think just because they have it, they have to use it?

Vehicles - As you may have heard, CoD4 doesn't have vehicles, whereas CoD5 sees the addition of Tanks. Lovely. Well it would be if they didnt take over 9000 rockets to even cause a scratch, and they weren't slower than a paralysed snail. CoD4 wins, this series doesn't need vehicles. It all depends, if your team is acting like a team, tanks go down quick. Also, the tanks going slow makes them easier to kill and less of a dominating force.

Ranks - Added 10 more ranks (55 -> 65) through adding a "III" to most of the lower ranks. All it does is make ranking up more tedious. Again, consoles get Prestige mode, a bit of a gimmick. BUT, if you go through the Prestige levels, you get 10 classes! Good idea, if it didn't involve going thorugh the ranking up process 11 times, fuck that. But on the lengthening and increased classes, CoD5 wins. I agree, they give so little for going though Prestige and the exter ranks do add some playability.

You forgot one. In CoD5 there is a wider range of attachments and they make more sense. No rds for a shotgun and acog for an mp5.  

Conclusion - CoD5 is not a game to be played on consoles, recoil is too hard to control, and the general play suits PC more, which isn't really what it should be, considering it is a console port. In this comparison, CoD4 is obviously my choice, which is a shame, because I really had high hopes of CoD5, but it is an improvement over that terrible mess of a game called CoD3. This is the thing where their is no is right or wrong, and everyone will have their own opinion.
Edit: Bolts do kill 90% of the time in the Head, Neck, or Chest.
On PS3 at least, Bolts do not kill in one, maybe 10% of the time they do. There is a Shipment, try "Dome". It's fucking stupid.

Also, controlling the recoil with an Analogue Stick is a helluva lot harder than a mouse.

Last edited by Mint Sauce (2008-11-16 07:36:33)

#rekt
firebolt5
+114|6185
How long have you been playing CoD4?  What about CoD World at War?  If you've played WaW the same amount of time as CoD4, then I think you can make your conclusions.
mcjagdflieger
Champion of Dueling Rectums
+26|6340|South Jersey

Mint Sauce wrote:

Weaponary - CoD4 has a reasonable amount of guns, with quite alot of variation, with guns like the AK47 and AK74u being the best. CoD5 has a smaller amount of weapons, with bolt actions and semi autos split up into seperate classes. The fact that you need need to get 25 kills with a bolt action to turn it into a sniper rifle is stupid and needless in my opinion. Grenades also seem to be solid lead in CoD5, taking real effort to throw them further than about 10 ft. So overall, CoD4 wins.
well i guess you can chalk that up as a good thing about the grenades, considering that while they are not made out of lead IRL, they are made of steel. And are heavy. And troops dont chuck them across a couple of city blocks. dumbass.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6483|The Twilight Zone
I always prefer WW2 over modern combat but tbh CoD4's single player was better imo. And I think that goes for MP as well.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6498
For the tl;dr crowd, Mint bought the game on PS3 and the controls suck. If you bought it on PC it would not be the case.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6772|FUCK UBISOFT

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

For the tl;dr crowd, Mint bought the game on PS3 and the controls suck. If you bought it on PC it would not be the case.
not that it doesn't suck on PC as well, but it should be a rule that if you can, always get FPSes on PC.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6483|The Twilight Zone

Miggle wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

not that it doesn't suck on PC as well, but it should be a rule that if you can, always get FPSes on PC.
Yeah I agree. I only buy racing games for PS3. And GTA4 also played fine on a console.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6316|eng

Miggle wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Only got it on PS3 to play it initially with my mates online, was always planning to get it on PC aswell, but later, probably still will.

And mcjagdflieger, I never said it was a bad thing, I was just making a comparison with CoD4. Dumbass.
#rekt
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6186|Vancouver | Canada

Mekstizzle wrote:

CoD5 loses all of that, in favour of making it more rigid, and most of the guns having ridiculous levels of recoil, and you die easier than in CoD4 aswell.
You sound like some kid on Gamespot who claims games which don't improve your FPS "skills" are a waste of time.

E-pen0r is srs bsns.
CrazeD
+368|6703|Maine

Mint Sauce wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

The bolt actions don't kill in one shot, even with Stopping Power. By the time you've reloaded the shot, you've been obliterated by someone with a Thompson.

Also, something I didn't mention, you can knife someone from about 3 ft away and it will register as a hit, fail.

The bolts do kill in one shot, if you aim high.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6737|67.222.138.85

CrazeD wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

The bolts do kill in one shot, if you aim high.
Everything should kill in one shot if you aim high enough though.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6651|London, England

DefCon-17 wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

You sound like some kid on Gamespot who claims games which don't improve your FPS "skills" are a waste of time.

E-pen0r is srs bsns.
No, I just think Snipers on FPS games are some of the biggest retards on the planet who can't seem to kill without having a giant crosshair and their target magnified to a ridiculous size.

Any game which makes life harder for a Sniper will get a thumbs up from me. You say you're sick of Gamespot kids, well I'm sick of you kids who constantly talk about how awesome they are with "teh sniper" - Seriously nearly everyone here talks about how awesome they are with those idiotic guns. It's like talking about how awesome I would be around a race course in an F1 car, no shit Einstein. Fuck.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6186|Vancouver | Canada

Mekstizzle wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

E-pen0r is srs bsns.
No, I just think Snipers on FPS games are some of the biggest retards on the planet who can't seem to kill without having a giant crosshair and their target magnified to a ridiculous size.

Any game which makes life harder for a Sniper will get a thumbs up from me. You say you're sick of Gamespot kids, well I'm sick of you kids who constantly talk about how awesome they are with "teh sniper" - Seriously nearly everyone here talks about how awesome they are with those idiotic guns. It's like talking about how awesome I would be around a race course in an F1 car, no shit Einstein. Fuck.
I don't recall stating anything about me being good with "teh sniper".

Of course, I never said I'm not either. Sniping is ridiculously easy in most games (TF2, DoD:S, CoD4, etc)
The only game I've played that gets sniping right is America's Army.

But even so, who fucking cares?

"Fun" seems to have disappeared from peoples' vocabularies.
Contraz
+13|6425

Mint Sauce wrote:

Maps - CoD4 has a couple of really good maps, like Strike and Countdown.
Wait, since when was Countdown a good Cod4 map? Shoulda said... Strike / Vacant / Crossfire / k sorry, had to >_<
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6772|FUCK UBISOFT

I fucking hate countdown.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5934|CA
Hypothetically, if I were to purchase a CoD game (PC), I just got a new GPU (9800GT), should I get CoD: 4 or CoD: WaW?

I played the beta, it was sort of meh.  Then again, I was on shit hardware, so I never actually got to call in dogs. (Don't play FFA, fucking stupid)

CoD:4 sounds more fun, is it still populated even though it's a year old?
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6567|Internetfitlerland

TopHat01 wrote:

Hypothetically, if I were to purchase a CoD game (PC), I just got a new GPU (9800GT), should I get CoD: 4 or CoD: WaW?

I played the beta, it was sort of meh.  Then again, I was on shit hardware, so I never actually got to call in dogs. (Don't play FFA, fucking stupid)

Depends if you buying it for comps or for pubs.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6373

TopHat01 wrote:

Cod4 "public" is still really crowded.lots of servers. Dunno about competition though, aint got time for that shit
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6567|Internetfitlerland

Sisco10 wrote:

TopHat01 wrote:

Cod4 "public" is still really crowded.lots of servers. Dunno about competition though, aint got time for that shit
Once promod is released for waw, there will be few highly competitive teams left in cod4.

Or at least so the AU scene seems to be going that way.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard