Barrakuda777
+86|6737|Somewhere near a shrub or rock

Landepaukku wrote:

Im a bit confused. Do you like shoot with the sniper rifle someone and move there and snipe next one and so on until you get to finish? Right? And you expect NOT to die while doing that? Like stand in the middle of the road in karkand with sniper. How long do you expect to live?

Sorry but i REALLY dont get this...
Why do people play golf? Surely there has to be a more reliable way to get that white ball in the hole?

The challenge is to alter your state of play to where you simply ignore all the rest of the people / bullets / explosions / vehicles around you and just focus on your own personal mini battle of killing people in order to achieve your objective. It is for those who simply fancy doing something "a bit odd".

I expect to die doing this.... well .... die alot come to think of it....... but damnit i will enjoy the look on confused soldiers faces as my sniper guy strolls through the mayhem, carrying his club and looking to his next shot.... with complete disregard for other points, kills or his own safety.

If only i could get a custom skin on my guy for the duration of my golfing spree.....silly hat, checked pants and a golf bag .... (think Samuel L Jackson in "The 51st State")........... brilliant!

Kooda
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6746|Houston, TX
I had more of a Bill Murray "CaddyShack" look to my avatar skin.  But as long as you get a club with BMF on it, your set with the Samuel L. look.

I would like some new comma rose comments too. 

"That's the finest Eagle I've ever laid eyes on!"

"Get out there and find my ball caddy, or I'll find someone who will!"
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6793
I've thought of a way this could be a hole-in-one: go commander, launch arty on the hotel.  Job's a good'un.
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6746|Houston, TX
I'd consider the commander position like the course official.  Keep being the sniper kit (to spot legal game play and keep the cheaters from playing from an illegal drop and the like.) but be there to regulate proper gameplay.  He can spot your shot and even mark it with a supply crate.  (The crate is like a mobile clubhouse)
THE_Ted_Chang
+0|6690
I think trying to play the course as Commander is clearly against the spirit of St Andrews and should be avoided. Part of the pleasure of golf is enjoying the walk over the course, which you lose if you as Commander. in effect, anything coming direct from the sky is either a dropped ball or witchcraft, both of which are covered by the Rules.
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6758|06-01
madness! i like.
THE_Ted_Chang
+0|6690
I'm considering an anti-tank variant involving targeting only unused vodniks. There always seem to be a few of these around most maps. The downside is that without a caddy drop you are limited to five strokes per hole.
Flyboy63
+8|6705|South Australia
haha classic!
2ndLt.Tucker
If you can read this, your already dead
+33|6683|Stillwater, Ok
Lol this has to be one of the funniest things ive ever heard.....on that note..I LOVE IT. The skins would make it classic.  Just think....Tiger Woods walkin in the middle of a firefight, grenades, and c4 acting like its a spring shower.  My Question is this....what if your target gets killed by someone else right as you fire.....do you get a redo?
THE_Ted_Chang
+0|6690

2ndLt.Tucker wrote:

Lol this has to be one of the funniest things ive ever heard.....on that note..I LOVE IT. The skins would make it classic.  Just think....Tiger Woods walkin in the middle of a firefight, grenades, and c4 acting like its a spring shower.  My Question is this....what if your target gets killed by someone else right as you fire.....do you get a redo?
I think somebody else killing your target would be grounds to complain to the club committee and possibly even have the culprit black-balled. Alternatively killing the offender might be a way of continuing...
Barrakuda777
+86|6737|Somewhere near a shrub or rock
I did have a bash at this last night but there was an issue with latency on the course for me (in the region of 400+ ms) so i was unable to complete my round..... still think its possible in 2 shots tho.... will try again tonight!

.... has anyone managed to complete the first hole?
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6746|Houston, TX

THE_Ted_Chang wrote:

2ndLt.Tucker wrote:

I think somebody else killing your target would be grounds to complain to the club committee and possibly even have the culprit black-balled. Alternatively killing the offender might be a way of continuing...
If you kill the offender, I'd believe a drop ball from his carcass would be appropriate,  Or a 2 stroke penalty.

On a completly different note, I practiced last night on a tough Wake Island.  I started on the Blue tees (Arty island for the USMC).  My goal was to make it to the north island's east flag.  Tough course, lots of water hazards and sand traps on each side of the fairways.  Luckily most of my shots were into the deep stuff, which aids in setting up for your next shot.  I got to within 30 yds of the pin but couldn't get within flag cap distance due to an untimely spectator interruption (with a T-90).   I believe Waikiki level of wind should be added to this course for realism, but none the less a gratifying round of golf.
My reason for bringing this up is to discuss a handicap for the novice Snilfers/Golpers out there.  Mulligans - Shoot someone, see a better shot, call a mulligan, and then secure a better position by killing the new target.  Maybe a 2 mulligan limit for those who tee up from the red or white?  Had I used a mulligan I'd have made it. But the final tally was 7. (with 12 attempts)
THE_Ted_Chang
+0|6690
Impressive workout on what is a very narrow course. helluva dogleg on it as well.
MarkyMark
+5|6674|UK
HAHAH dude, your a freaking genius! Sounds awesome! Can you use an apc as a cart? and what about playing it as it lies? Can you take a drop from 1 and half rifle distance from a fixed object? This sounds like one of the greatest sports known to man. You should found a SGA
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6746|Houston, TX
Thanks for the praise.  I'd like to submit reviews on other courses.  I'll post em here. 
I'd really like to try the Par 5 on Warlord, from SAS Uncap (start in street near the tow) and finish at the flag in the sw corner of the palace courtyard.  Tee shot is the most difficult, followed by the green shot.  You'll have to post a hard shot right near the gate and then find your next shot near the flag quick.  Or maybe chip up onto the roof tops across the street and then wedge your way to the flag.  Either way, you'll have your work cut out for you.

"Can you use an apc as a cart?" - MarkyMark

I believe the use of carts are for caddies only.  See the course official in times of question, but the ettiquette is to walk it out.
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6840|Cheshire, UK

THE_Ted_Chang wrote:

It's very important not to die during play as it ruins your rhythm.
I was enjoying this thread anyway but you killed me with this!
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6746|Houston, TX
Update to the Warlord Par 5:

I made my goal with a Birdie!  My first shot put me ontop of the buildings across the street from the 8 story tower.  A slow walk to the spot ensured my team had captured the tower so no spectator interference.  My next shot placed me on another rooftop near the south side of the flag just south of my pin. A bit of a scare as the walk there was interrupted by obnoxious spectators.  Luckily someone else's caddy kicked them off the fairway with a well placed volley of APC shots.  I had to wait a bit for my next shot, but soon enough another sniper (Golfer) found his way to the rooftops on the north side of the complex I was on.  After posting up there, I could zero in on my green shot.  After about 30 seconds, a wonderful shot presented itself in the form of a spec-ops planting C4 around the pin.  Using the rooftops is an advantage in that you can defeat the wall hazard and have a clear line at your pin.  This round took me several attempts (8, I think), but despite the frustrations of the prior 7 attempts, it's well worth the try.  Plenty of scenic, shot up buildings to look at.

KJ

Last edited by Kung Jew (2006-01-23 14:47:14)

D-Rays23
+0|6697|St. Petersburg, FL
This is a brilliant idea. This should be good for you golfers out there. http://www.carlspackler.com/sounds/116.mp3
LW_Cobra
+0|6698
Sorry if anyone was trying to play behind me, I just couldn't get off that 2nd tee box!
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6746|Houston, TX
Cobra, anyone with over 1K kills with the sniper kit and over 600 confirmed shouldn't be hitting from the white tees anyway.  I believe you should move up to the next skill level. (or let others play through as a courtesy). 

KJ
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6721|California

heh nice
WU551E
+0|6694|Hell, or close it it anyway
you guys are bloody insain.   I may try this later, thanks!
TigrisJK
+3|6726
I'm thinking on a variation of this which I do pretty much for fun anyway on Warlord, which is to snipergolf with ziplines for travel. Mostly because you can get to almost every point (except the ones in the palace) by zipline on that map.
Landepaukku
Finnish bush-man
+23|6838|Finland
lol got it now. Wait a sec. Thats like just...dumb. Or maybe i just dont get it. Maybe its insane. Or for the insane.

"Leaves topic finally..."
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6746|Houston, TX

TigrisJK wrote:

I'm thinking on a variation of this which I do pretty much for fun anyway on Warlord, which is to snipergolf with ziplines for travel. Mostly because you can get to almost every point (except the ones in the palace) by zipline on that map.
I'm not too sure as to the use of ziplines.  I'd venture to say that the SGA would frown upon the use of anything other than sniper issue combats as transportation.  Might have to take a 1 stroke penalty there.  Maybe an acception would be when your shot places you onto a building that doesn't have ladder access.  Of course, the caddy should be there to supply you with grappling hook for access.  But in the absence of a caddy, the use of a zipline could be acceptable. 

On a seperate note, I'd love to see someone attempt a nightcourse.  Nightflight, Leviathan, Devil's perch?  For the professional golfer, experts only eh?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard