Barrakuda777
+86|6707|Somewhere near a shrub or rock
The Royal and ancient course of Karkand is where the 1st round of the battlefield open is to be staged.

The Objective

To traverse a specified hole (what flag from where) to a specified flag ( to get within capping distance) in the least number of shots.

The Rules...

A player is to get to the flag in as few shots as possible.

A player only makes a valid shot if the shot results in a kill on an opposing target, the player is then to move to where their shot landed (as denoted by that persons kit remains) and so on until they are within capturing distance of the specified flag.
A player is to count all shots they take in reaching the flag regardless of if the shot is valid or not (if you miss the kill, the shot still counts towards your total)
Each hole consists of a starting point and an objective flag to be laid out here in the course rules, the best rounds are to be posted and a leader board created.

The Course - 32 player karkand (front 9 USMC - back 9 MEC)

Hole 1 - par 4

Front right spawn by the fixed machine gun to the 1st MEC flag (hotel)

Course ettiquette:

Golfers are to walk at all times, a caddy is permitted to keep supporters back by what ever means necessary to ensure a peaceful round of golf for the player. If killed whilst on the course you will be unable to complete the hole regardless of the loving attentions of any course medics. There is no limit to the number of times you may practice the hole before posting your "best round score" but please do only post honest results, if you do have a caddy be sure to mention them so they can be added to the leaderboard with you - golf buggies are allowed for use by caddies only but this may be frowned on by the rest of the spectators on the course.

Good luck and happy golfing.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6759|Singapore

Don't get it at all.
SineNomine
Panzerblitz
+37|6693|SPARTA

i have to try this!!!

Last edited by SineNomine (2006-01-19 02:45:07)

Landepaukku
Finnish bush-man
+23|6807|Finland
Shoot a GL straight into air and move forward while shooting. Hits somewhere around the hotel ALWAYS
2-Jagger
+0|6749|Kent,The Garden of England.
Fore!
Barrakuda777

Landepaukku wrote:

Shoot a GL straight into air and move forward while shooting. Hits somewhere around the hotel ALWAYS
Sniper Golf! - sorry if you missed that .. snipers only!
(plus you need to get a confirmed kill and then move to that position. if you cant see who you killed and where how do you know where your shot landed?)

No walking unless you have taken your shot and killed a man, then you walk to where his body dropped and take your next shot from there. You then have to do this until your in distance of capping the flag.

get it?

Kooda

will post my best golf score tonight...
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6732|Internet!
This sounds absurdly difficult... particularly on Karkand... good luck with that.
THE_Ted_Chang
+0|6660
I've tried this and I've made the discovery that i'm crap. It's the walking between shots that hurts. Plus the fairways are a bit dodgy.
Barrakuda777

Kanil wrote:

This sounds absurdly difficult... particularly on Karkand... good luck with that.
Its meant to be. I also would not recommend it at the beginning of a round or on a particulary full server. I would recommend having a very good "noob tube" caddy to protect your ass as you stroll around the course / battlefield.

I think this hole can be done in 2 shots however 4 is much more likely.
Fist shot to the exploaded apc and second to the flag, the trick is .... someone needs to be stood defending that flag!

The more likely route would be a 4 shotter, dog leg to the right, 1st shot to the right of the fenced area, secont to either 20 yards infront of the blown apc and then onto the flag.... or a trick run via the alleyway (hardest route).

I dont know abouut you but i find golf hard.... no reason to make battlefield golf any easier!

- think of it like the surfing part of Apocolypse Now.... charlie dont surf

need to get home from work and play!

Kooda

Last edited by Barrakuda777 (2006-01-19 06:31:49)

THE_Ted_Chang
+0|6660
I'm going to try another round tonight. Should there be some form of handicap for playing on larger maps with more spectators? I'm not sure whether to take my 24 iron or my 95 iron either...
Barrakuda777

THE_Ted_Chang wrote:

I'm going to try another round tonight. Should there be some form of handicap for playing on larger maps with more spectators? I'm not sure whether to take my 24 iron or my 95 iron either...
A good golfer tries to go on the course (they read it if you will) when it is at optimal conditions for a fulfilling round of golf!
I will be using my 24 iron for the extra precision around the fareways.

I dont doubt many a decent hole will be ruined but i just love the thought of a calming stroll around my local Karkand course while all the spectators are going nuts around me....

Kooda

- "MEC dont play golf!"

Last edited by Barrakuda777 (2006-01-19 07:25:35)

Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6716|Houston, TX
LMAO.  Fucking brilliant!!

I'll try tonight. After I get my promo.  I'm gonna save my unlock for this new 96-wood that I've been eyeballing in the new patch/booster release.
What is the league's view on golfer / spectator interaction?  If I meet a heckler on the way (caddy absent mind you), do I have to take a  penalty stroke for shooting him on the way?  Drop ball rules?  What about penalty strokes for impeding the progress of other golfers via claymores.  Clubhouse rules?  Play through? or wait for the green to clear?

Can't wait for the long fairways of Zatar!!!

KJ

Last edited by Kung Jew (2006-01-19 07:29:28)

THE_Ted_Chang
+0|6660
I've contacted EA about strapping golf bags under Blackhawks.
THE_Ted_Chang
+0|6660

Kung Jew wrote:

I'll try tonight. After I get my promo.  I'm gonna save my unlock for this new 3-wood (L96A1 that I've been eyeballing in the new patch/booster release.

What is the league's view on golfer / spectator interaction?  If I meet a heckler on the way(caddy absent mind you), do I have to take a stroke penalty for shooting him on the way?  Drop ball rules?  What about penalty strokes for impeding the progress of other golfers via claymores.  Clubhouse rules?  Play through? or wait for the green to clear?

KJ
You're defintely not allowed to shoot targets in the water hazards...
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6716|Houston, TX

THE_Ted_Chang wrote:

Can we get Tiger Woods '06 skins?

The thought of checkerboard twills amidst the chaos of Karkand is making me fall outta my chair.

Last edited by Kung Jew (2006-01-19 07:32:31)

THE_Ted_Chang
+0|6660

Kung Jew wrote:

THE_Ted_Chang wrote:

That's a good plan. I'd also like the opportunity to lose the camo and get some Packers plus-fours as a tribute to Payne Stewart.

Last edited by THE_Ted_Chang (2006-01-19 07:36:12)

Barrakuda777

Kung Jew wrote:

I'll try tonight. After I get my promo.  I'm gonna save my unlock for this new 96-wood that I've been eyeballing in the new patch/booster release.
What is the league's view on golfer / spectator interaction?  If I meet a heckler on the way (caddy absent mind you), do I have to take a  penalty stroke for shooting him on the way?  Drop ball rules?  What about penalty strokes for impeding the progress of other golfers via claymores.  Clubhouse rules?  Play through? or wait for the green to clear?

Can't wait for the long fairways of Zatar!!!

KJ
Golfer - spectator interaction is highly frowned upon and in the absence of a caddy will incur a penalty shot!

It is a bit of a grey area at the moment in regards to the claymore preparation of the golfers fareway area as this could be read to be preparing the ground / lie for your next shot. I suspect we would need some sort of tribunal to decide the more advanced aspects of the game.

A drop ball could be arranged for the more advanced golfer, something along the lines of within the standing left mouse distance of a replacement / immitation ball (grenade) for a drop shot out of a rough area.

This is 2006 golf and the ettiquete of multiple golfers completing the hole at the same time is something we are not going to stop - the world is overcrowded as it is and this is just one way of helping speed up play in a conjested course environment. Play through is basically the modern way and if you get hit you were being too slow on the green and its your fault, however respect and dont impeed fellow golfers!
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6716|Houston, TX
Might I recommend switching to a scramble if the course is overpopulated?  Can we contact EA about giving all the global points to the winner in a skins match?
[FB]Eraser
Back in battle after 3-year break
+39|6691|Switzerland

THE_Ted_Chang wrote:

Kung Jew wrote:

THE_Ted_Chang wrote:

That's a good plan. I'd also like the opportunity to lose the camo and get some Packers plus-fours as a tribute to Payne Stewart.
ROFL. Thinking of M.A.S.H right now. Do you remeber the scene, where Elliot Gould and Donald Sutherland where playing Golf at the helo landing pad? And then after returing from Japan, they were wearing Golf dresses with Kniggeboggers...
FILAMU_NOR
+0|6652|Bærum, norway
Hahah this IS fun i tried and i love it!!!!
Barrakuda777

FILAMU_NOR wrote:

Hahah this IS fun i tried and i love it!!!!
Whats your best round score?
THE_Ted_Chang
+0|6660

[FB]Eraser wrote:

THE_Ted_Chang wrote:

Kung Jew wrote:

ROFL. Thinking of M.A.S.H right now. Do you remeber the scene, where Elliot Gould and Donald Sutherland where playing Golf at the helo landing pad? And then after returing from Japan, they were wearing Golf dresses with Kniggeboggers...
LOL! I remember parts of it. Makes me want to get a DVD of it ASAP. If only all of BF2 were like MASH.
Landepaukku
Finnish bush-man
+23|6807|Finland
Im a bit confused. Do you like shoot with the sniper rifle someone and move there and snipe next one and so on until you get to finish? Right? And you expect NOT to die while doing that? Like stand in the middle of the road in karkand with sniper. How long do you expect to live?

Sorry but i REALLY dont get this...
THE_Ted_Chang
+0|6660

Landepaukku wrote:

Im a bit confused. Do you like shoot with the sniper rifle someone and move there and snipe next one and so on until you get to finish? Right? And you expect NOT to die while doing that? Like stand in the middle of the road in karkand with sniper. How long do you expect to live?

Yes, you have the fundamentals correct. It's very important not to die during play as it ruins your rhythm.
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6716|Houston, TX

Landepaukku wrote:

The ability needed to accomplish this difficult task is reserved for the bored, insane, or upper management. 
Not getting yourself dead is part of the challenge. 
Think of Arty strikes as roaming Hazards/Sand traps. 
Please remember that club memberships are forfeit, null and void at the first sign of hacks. 
Replace your divots please!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard