Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6242|Brisneyland
....according to a simulation performed by the USAF last month.

source

The Australian wrote:

The JSF jets, for which Australia is likely to pay $16 billion, were comprehensively beaten in highly classified simulated dogfights against Russian Sukhoi fighters, it has been reported.

The war games, conducted at Hawaii's Hickam airbase last month, were witnessed by at least four RAAF personnel and a member of Australia's peak military spy agency, the Defence Intelligence Organisation, The West Australian said.

the Australian wrote:

WA Liberal backbencher Dennis Jensen said he had spoken to a third party with knowledge of the final classified test results who had claimed the JSF had been clubbed like baby seals by the simulated Sukhois, The West Australian reported.
Dennis Jensen later said the US should sell us F22s, which the US wont sell us, and may end production of anyway.

Of course simulations arent real life exercises, however they definitely hold a lot of weight. The Joint strike fighter is one hell of a machine (when it gets made) but may not have the superiority thats needed for the defense of the US or other countries that buy it. This is especially worrying as Russia continues to flex its military muscle.

Surely you dont want your air security to be protected by this...
https://www.blog.thesietch.org/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/baby_seal_1024.thumbnail.jpg

or you may get this....
https://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2006/11/shark191106_468x397.jpg

Last edited by Burwhale the Avenger (2008-09-11 04:09:42)

jamiecracker
+17|6767|Wollongong,Australia
hahahaha it would probably be better than the tiger moths that we currently have now
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6401|the land of bourbon
it was just a computer simulation, not RL, so that doesn't mean much.  and it sounds like they just really want f22s.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6694|Canberra, AUS

jamiecracker wrote:

hahahaha it would probably be better than the tiger moths that we currently have now
Don't bag the F/A-18. It's a fairly decent machine.

I wouldn't say it doesn't mean much. It's of concern, to be sure, especially given the "Rudd doctrine" outlined yesterday/day before.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
thraSK
Best ___ in Aus
+57|6002
We all know that the J10 outperforms the F35 anyway
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6863|Reykjavík, Iceland.
I guess this simulation must have been a round of BF2 on gulf where the SU-34 raped the F-35.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6691|UK
The su 34 is a flying barnyard.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
imortal
+240|6684|Austin, TX

Burwhale the Avenger wrote:

The Joint strike fighter is one hell of a machine (when it gets made) but may not have the superiority thats needed for the defense of the US...
...but WE do have the F22.  The F35 is a multi-purpose platform that will not perform as well as one that is designed specifically for a single aspect of combat.  In other words, a multi-purpose fighter will fall to an air superiority or air dominance fighter.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6620|132 and Bush

Scenarios that will never happen.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6127|Birmingham, UK
Lol.

Why would you want to buy F22's with only 16 billion? Yiu'd get like, 5

Thats a simulation, not irl. Like these 2 jets will ever be up against each other.
steelie34
pub hero!

m3thod wrote:

The su 34 is a flying barnyard.
lol cows riding on the wings and dropping pigs from the bomb racks? 

maybe you meant barndoor
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6672|pimelteror.de
russian jets > us jets
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6620|132 and Bush

SEREVENT wrote:

Lol.

Thats a simulation, not irl. Like these 2 jets will ever be up against each other.
Meanwhile troops on the ground today are at risk of being deprived of real air support.. the modern day work horses. It's like a midlife crisis. A 40 year old man buying a Ferrari when the family really needs a dozen minivans. Dropping billions on simulations involving "ghost dogfights" over Siberia in the name of defense.. yea, we are guilty as well.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
steelie34
pub hero!

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

russian jets > us jets
except for that pesky undefeated streak the f-15 has...
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6620|132 and Bush

steelie34 wrote:

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

russian jets > us jets
except for that pesky undefeated streak the f-15 has...
Or http://www.aeronautics.ru/mig29down01.htm
Xbone Stormsurgezz
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6127|Birmingham, UK

Kmarion wrote:

SEREVENT wrote:

Lol.

Meanwhile troops on the ground today are at risk of being deprived of real air support.. the modern day work horses. It's like a midlife crisis. A 40 year old man buying a Ferrari when the family really needs a dozen minivans. Dropping billions on simulations involving "ghost dogfights" over Siberia in the name of defense.. yea, we are guilty as well.
I didn't understand that...

Were you agreeing with me or not?

No really i don't understand
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6557|Long Island, New York
I didn't think JSF's were even meant for dogfighting primarily anyways?

I thought the F-16's/F-18's/F-22's were meant for that?
imortal
+240|6684|Austin, TX

article wrote:

WA Liberal backbencher Dennis Jensen said he had spoken to a third party with knowledge of the final classified test results who had claimed the JSF had been clubbed like baby seals by the simulated Sukhois, The West Australian reported.
So.... a political person from the party opposing the fighters anyway says he talked to someone who knows about the results of the test who said that the fighters had been clubbed... yadda yadda yadda.

Does this sound anything like "I know somebody who knows somebody..." kind of thing?
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6709|Tampa Bay Florida

Kmarion wrote:

Scenarios that will never happen.
Good point.

Why are we spending all this money on this crap again?
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6506|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
https://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r20/mwroughton/brokenseal.png

It all depends on the pilot, hell, the Marines shot down MIGs in Korea with F4U Corsairs. Prop plane Vs. Jet, it all matters on the training.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6203|Ireland
Manned aircraft is so 1990ish.  Who would spend so much on a plane that is limited to 9Gs because there is a pilot in it?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6641|London, England

SgtHeihn wrote:

It all depends on the pilot, hell, the Marines shot down MIGs in Korea with F4U Corsairs. Prop plane Vs. Jet, it all matters on the training.
Also these days it's less and less about the plane itself and more about the type of radar/armament it carries. Strap some modern spec AMRAAMS and a good radar onto even one of those old F-86 Sabres and you have a deadly peice of aircraft in some situations.

At the end of the day the USAF will pretty much always (well this half of the century at least) be able to defeat the Russian Air Force
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5770|شمال
lol @ teh picz
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6641|London, England
Could anyone do that. I mean, I could kill an Animal if I wanted to. But I don't think I'd be able to club a baby seal to death. You'd have to be one sick son of a bitch to do it. I understand that maybe, it needs to be done. But you'd still have to be a sick son of a bitch to actually go and do it.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6506|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Could anyone do that. I mean, I could kill an Animal if I wanted to. But I don't think I'd be able to club a baby seal to death. You'd have to be one sick son of a bitch to do it. I understand that maybe, it needs to be done. But you'd still have to be a sick son of a bitch to actually go and do it.
Look out Ned, Its coming straight for us!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard