ohshi-
i get CTDs
i cant get it to work

ive reinstalled and i will try now
i hope it works

EDIT:
nope
will try full reinstall at the weekend

Last edited by henno13 (2008-09-02 01:57:57)

henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6356|Belfast
here is the full extent of my problem:

what i posted on the pr forums wrote:

hey guys
i just got 0.8 today but it seems something has gone badly wrong
and i need your help

i first installed it not knowing that i put it in the wrong place,
so i uninstalled and did it over again. When i finally got it to the main men, the screen blacks out for a few seconds
i went to training mode but i didnt have any maps listed which i thought was odd. I tried to get into thors brigade server but the screen then messed up in a greyish colour. During this the screen blacked out for a few seconds so i Alt-F4ed out. i tried again but it didnt work, i tried bf2 but it didnt work.

I have encountered this crash numerous times while playing older versions of PR and bf2 but it was very rare. When it CTDs it screws with the scrolling system on broswers, general programs and it also stops me from starting anything game related like bf2 or steam. A full system restart fixes this.

After the restart i tried PR again. But as i got to the main menu it alt tabs. I go to the training section but there still isnt any maps
i tried thors brigade again and get the loading screen to work. after about 30 seconds the screen blacks out again then the pr tags come up spinning. This is the main symptom of the crash, everything runs normal in the background while the screen is blacked out.

now i just couldnt be bothered to restart the pc again. i bet most of you are going to tell me to reinstall and i will tomorrow becasue ive had enough for tonite.

Last edited by henno13 (2008-09-02 02:08:04)

.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6816|Marathon, Florida Keys
yeah...this version blows. Ive been playing and playing trying to get used to it and its just slow and boring. the mod was fun while it lasted.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6415|Somersetshire

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

yeah...this version blows. Ive been playing and playing trying to get used to it and its just slow and boring. the mod was fun while it lasted.
Agreed.

The overall slowness has ruined it, do they really think that the slower the make the gameplay the more realistic it is?

And whats with the bleed being when you get to like 90% health but by the time you have got a med pack thing out your health is like 60% so you can't stop the bleeding.
tupla_s
+455|6599|Finland

Tehremos wrote:

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

Agreed.

The overall slowness has ruined it, do they really think that the slower the make the gameplay the more realistic it is?

And whats with the bleed being when you get to like 90% health but by the time you have got a med pack thing out your health is like 60% so you can't stop the bleeding.
The field dressing is bugged, its deploy time was accidentally set too high. Will be fixed in 0.85

Last edited by tupla_s (2008-09-25 05:39:27)

headhunter345
+4|6282|Usally around the corner
do any of u guys play PR?
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6700
I played PR all the time back in 0.5-0.7ish Once it got past that my computer just couldn't take it. I was running at low settings. One day soon I will buy a new computer and get back in to it. I miss it so.
headhunter345
+4|6282|Usally around the corner
iv been playing every night since 0.5.
But i got banned for No reason. It evan says that in the forums. The Email i got the Admin just said he dosent like me lol.
all that PR skillz down the drain. Do u know how long it takes to learn how to not die in PR lol.

GSA BigD are the immature admins that banned me
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6415|Somersetshire
I play as much as I can, my computer can only just handle it though lol
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6525|USA
i don't play.  i dominate.
prototype
+52|6318
is it worth playing, what is the learning curve?
firebolt5
+114|6162

prototype wrote:

is it worth playing, what is the learning curve?
It's very tough unless you read the PR manual.  I don't mean skim over it either, I mean, actually read it like a book.  Then pratice on training servers and then go into public servers.  Also, give the mod some time, at first I didn't like it but I got used to it.  Just don't play for 5 minutes and then uninstall it.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6230|Escea

I'm afraid I just can't get into PR anymore. The earlier versions were awsm, but now its just, slow. I mean, if someone pulls their rifle out as slow as that in the real world then lawd. It seems to have been slowed down to allow for lengthy animations which are good but take an unnecessarily long time and there's something not right when your M9 is more accurate than your M16. Also really don't like that suppression blur thing, bit too strong and happens way too often, I don't think irl you'd suddenly blur out like that.

Sorry just can't get into it anymore, I mean I play Operation Flashpoint and ArmA which are proper military sim's, but PR has become slower paced than them. If they took what they have now and put the gameplay back to the earlier versions it would be extremely good.
firebolt5
+114|6162

M.O.A.B wrote:

Also really don't like that suppression blur thing, bit too strong and happens way too often, I don't think irl you'd suddenly blur out like that.
Of course you wouldn't blur out like, but it's to represent getting shot at and you taking cover.
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6415|Somersetshire

firebolt5 wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Also really don't like that suppression blur thing, bit too strong and happens way too often, I don't think irl you'd suddenly blur out like that.
Of course you wouldn't blur out like, but it's to represent getting shot at and you taking cover.
In a game they can't simulate the need to survive as irl, because you will just respawn

maybe if they created Elimination mode lol
where everyone has 1 life, you die then you have to wait for the round to end lol
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6230|Escea

firebolt5 wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

I know to take cover when I'm getting shot at without it as I have done in vanilla, it slows the pace too much.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard