sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6799|Argentina

Poseidon wrote:

You give up too easy, Serge. It's fun debating with you.

The only game I've ever played that deserves anything less than a 4 is Superman Returns, which I gave a 3.
No, when you are right I can admit it.  Crysis doesn't deserve a 2, but it doesn't deserve a 9 or 10 IMO either.  And just for the record, did you notice that I didn't post anything at all about X360?  I can keep my word.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6579|Long Island, New York

sergeriver wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

You give up too easy, Serge. It's fun debating with you.

The only game I've ever played that deserves anything less than a 4 is Superman Returns, which I gave a 3.
No, when you are right I can admit it.  Crysis doesn't deserve a 2, but it doesn't deserve a 9 or 10 IMO either.  And just for the record, did you notice that I didn't post anything at all about X360?  I can keep my word.
Well, good on you for swallowing your pride and admitting to do so. Not many people on here can do that, so a +1 do you when I get some karma back.

And yes, I did notice that. Another good on you.

I figure I might as well add a mod in as well:

Eternal Silence - 8
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6807|UK
Eternal Silence - 8

That mod is awesome.

I could review all 126 of my pc games but i think i won't..
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Vilham wrote:

Eternal Silence - 8

That mod is awesome.

Definitely. I just don't think the graphics were up to par with what they could have been, and the flight controls are kinda sketchy. If you play with a joystick, it improves it so much though. Lots o' fun to be had there.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6495|The Twilight Zone
Hey Smeaggle put my TDUnlimited rating in that friggin-awsm table.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6799|Argentina

Vilham wrote:

Eternal Silence - 8

That mod is awesome.

I think we should review new games only, otherwise we'll have hundreds of games on the list.  We can make exceptions with games like HL or BF2 though.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6783|FUCK UBISOFT

Poseidon wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

that was a fucking awesome analogy, Docta

well done

:S

But yeah, no game deserves anything below a 5 or 6 unless it is TRULY terrible. Like, I dunno...Big Rigs: Off The Road racing.

THAT deserves a 1. CoD4 a 1? Yeah, right. Crysis a 2? Gimme a break.
I didn't see you bitching about people giving below 5 to BF:BC.  Check the scores they gave to it.
Because fuck man, the people who gave the low scores were Sam and Miggle.

Sam is...well, Sam is Sam...

And Miggle hates console FPS's (no matter what they are) so I can't really argue with him.
for a console fps bad company was amazing. But I play fps games on PC and it was missing a bunch of really important stuff, not to mention being incredibly boring.

I gave a worse score to resistance which was absolutely horrid. Worse than halo imo.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Hope_is_lost117
Psy squad
+49|6037|Belgium

Miggle wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

I didn't see you bitching about people giving below 5 to BF:BC.  Check the scores they gave to it.
Because fuck man, the people who gave the low scores were Sam and Miggle.

Sam is...well, Sam is Sam...

And Miggle hates console FPS's (no matter what they are) so I can't really argue with him.
for a console fps bad company was amazing. But I play fps games on PC and it was missing a bunch of really important stuff, not to mention being incredibly boring.

I gave a worse score to resistance which was absolutely horrid. Worse than halo imo.
I found the multiplayer quite fun when I was at a friend's house playing with 3 mates, but ofc that was only about an hour or so, the shake away those effects was kinda fun although it felt really gimmicky , Halo 3 was indeed better multiplayer
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|6015|England

Vilham wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Miggle wrote:

In Vilham's opinion it does.
And that's why "reviews" shouldn't be based on one person.

Hell, actually, Vilham gave a fair score. A 6 for a game he doesn't really like is pretty fair.
That's why as I said above, if the number of reviews per game is lower than another games you shouldn't value the score as highly. Its up to people to decide if they think a game score based on one person is valid or not. I personally wouldn't and I think most other people wouldn't either.

Anyway enough derailing of this thread from me.

Although I have to agree that Sams scoring is fucking retarded.
I think most other peoples scoring is retarded

Giving out 10/10, 10/10 means its perfect, which no game is

as for portal people overate it because it was something different, although it had ok gameplay, ok gfx, no story whatsoever, it took about 1 hour to complete and the entire "cake is a lie" part wasnt funny at all
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6807|UK
I beg to differ, DK2 is perfect.

Portals gameplay is UNIQUE, im pretty sure that alone gives it a score of 10 in gameplay, then maybe you think it gets 1 in story, 6 in graphics, 1 in length, thats still an average of 4.5, and the fact that it cost absolutely fucking nothing kinda negates ur "it only took 1 hour" which btw is bullshit, first time through it took 2 hours atleast.

You can really only bitch about how long a game is if it costs as much as other games. Portal didn't thus negating one of your entire points.

You score is stupid, you can continue with your little bitch session about the game but no one is taking your opinion seriously or you can man up like serge did and admit your score was bitchy.

Last edited by Vilham (2008-08-21 11:20:34)

Banned
+856|6015|England

lol

i wish i could man up on an internet forum talking about really serious video games

Ive never played Dk2 but it can't be perfect
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6807|UK
Obviously not, however it is easily one of my favourites, an neither is Bioshock the shitest game ever even though it massively disappointed me.

So basically is what your saying is you can't back up what your claiming? Then stop typing. Your boring.
Banned
+856|6015|England

calm the fuck down

i think portal is shit end of

its called an opinion
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6807|UK
indeed. One apparently you can't back up. Yawn...
Banned
+856|6015|England

i did

too short

no story

overrated because it was something new
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6799|Argentina

SamTheMan:D wrote:

calm the fuck down

i think portal is shit end of

its called an opinion
Portal shit?  Wait, the same portal that comes with the OB?  Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Because apparentely, for $20, and even though it's incredibly funny, creative, innovative and generally great, it has to be longer than 5 hours to be considered good.

Come on, Sam.
Banned
+856|6015|England

im srs

it wasnt that good at all

maybe 2 was harsh, 4/10 or 5 max
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6799|Argentina

SamTheMan:D wrote:

im srs

it wasnt that good at all

maybe 2 was harsh, 4/10 or 5 max
Did you escape?  I don't know anyone that doesn't love the game.
Machine_Madness
Madness has now come over me
+20|6478|Brisbane, Australia
HL2 - 8.5
HL1 - 8
ArmA - 8.5
Company of Heroes - 9
BF2 - 8
BF2142 - 7.5
Trackmania - 7
Combat Arms - 7
Audiosurf - 7.5
BFV - 8
CSS - 7
Crysis - 7.5
CoD 4 - 8
Bioshock - 5  (seriously I dont get what was so good about it)
WIC - 6

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard