Microwave
_
+515|6672|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
Thought it would be a good idea since everyone has their Alevel results now to make a sister thread for everyone to share which uni they're going to!

Loughborough for me!      - computer science

+ include your course if you want!

Last edited by james@alienware (2008-08-14 03:35:46)

liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6644|UK
Southampton.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6169|what

Newcastle.

The one in Australia.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6506|Gogledd Cymru

Lancaster to study Computer Science.

..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6666
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I DON'T FUCKING KNOW AND IT'S DRIVING ME NUTS

Neither Warwick or Exeter have got my results because of some misunderstanding with the school..which means technically I have yet to hold a place at either of the unis.

If I get into Warwick I don't know if I want to go. The reputation is great but fuck it seems like it can get pretty boring there. Also the student union is being re-done this year which means that might seriously hamper the already quite limited nightlife.

Exeter-it's not THAT great of a uni but it's recently done really well in the rankings. My dad went there and absolutely loved it. It's by a city and is in the most beautiful part of England imo by the coast in Devon. The weather is also supposed to be a lot better there. Student satisfaction is also top notch there.

I'm thinking about making up my mind today so I need some last minute thoughts from you Brits...like I'm seriously stuck and I don't know what to do!

Course: Law

Last edited by ..teddy..jimmy (2008-08-14 03:39:39)

Microwave
_
Good luck getting it sorted teddy

Warwick is a really prestigious uni but I've heard that about the nightlife too. I don't know much about Exeter.

Do you know your results?
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6666

james@alienware wrote:

Good luck getting it sorted teddy

Warwick is a really prestigious uni but I've heard that about the nightlife too. I don't know much about Exeter.

Do you know your results?
Yeah I'm going to have to figure out what I'm doing today..because if I do get accepted by Warwick I have to go because I firmed it.

Yeah I did quite well at IB and ended up getting 35 points-that said I missed my Warwick offer by one point.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6506|Gogledd Cymru

tbh Teddy, the actual uni is close to Coventry, the nightlife isn't going to be drastically worse than Exeters, you're going to have a fucking blast whichever uni you go to, you may aswell go for the one you like better.
Microwave
_
If you only miss it by 1 point I'm sure they'll let you in because there is always some leeway, someone who got an offer will have done worse so I'm sure you'll be fine.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6827|Nårvei

Maybe nightlife and study results goes hand in hand - take Warwick if you get it teddster
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6487
I'm starting my second year of English Literature at Magdalen College, Oxford soon Can't actually wait to go back, these quiet country villages have got so boring this summer! Congrats to all starting Undergraduate schemes this September!

I've been to Warwick's open days and it's not particularly phenomenal in terms of nightlife either- it's very out in the middle of nowhere (the main campus that is). Don't just consider the University's immediate area, think about the transport links to major cities and access to sweeeet clubs . London is ftw!
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6666

Uzique wrote:

I'm starting my second year of English Literature at Magdalen College, Oxford soon
So you're not actually at Oxford until your second year?

I stayed there for an Oxford Study Course for IB. I loved the place! I stayed at Oriel
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6303|eng

liquidat0r wrote:

Southampton.
My cousin is going there to study music this year.

Hopefully next year i'll be going to study Business & Management or International Business at De Montfort Uni.
#rekt
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6517|so randum
Im still pending for Belfast Queens, so hopefully there
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6578|Southampton, UK

liquidat0r wrote:

Southampton.

Mint Sauce wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

Southampton.

Hopefully next year I'll be going to study Business & Management or International Business at De Montfort Uni.
Good choice, Southampton Uni is a very high standard one. although watch out - areas of the city you may want to keep away from:

1. St.mary's
2. Bitterne
3. Thornam

Stay away from those 3, especially 1, and you will love it all.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6303|eng

naightknifar wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

Southampton.

Mint Sauce wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

Southampton.

Hopefully next year I'll be going to study Business & Management or International Business at De Montfort Uni.
Good choice, Southampton Uni is a very high standard one. although watch out - areas of the city you may want to keep away from:

1. St.mary's
2. Bitterne
3. Thornam

Stay away from those 3, especially 1, and you will love it all.
Not me, my cousin.
#rekt
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6487

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Uzique wrote:

I'm starting my second year of English Literature at Magdalen College, Oxford soon
So you're not actually at Oxford until your second year?

I stayed there for an Oxford Study Course for IB. I loved the place! I stayed at Oriel
Have already been there for a year, returning for my 2nd year.

Oriel eh? Very posh and very sporty
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6719
Leeds! I just missed out on York.

Also to teddy - Warwick is actually in Coventry, by me! And the nightlife in Coventry is fine by my standards, (though you are a scandinavian he-beast).
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6666
just called warwick

i was rejected
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6773|Scotland

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

just called warwick

i was rejected
bennisboy
+829|6663|Poundland

james@alienware wrote:

Thought it would be a good idea since everyone has their Alevel results now to make a sister thread for everyone to share which uni they're going to!

Loughborough for me!      - computer science

+ include your course if you want!
My mate is going into his second year doin the exact same thing, said its HARD.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6783|UK

ShowMeTheMonkey wrote:

Leeds! I just missed out on York.

Also to teddy - Warwick is actually in Coventry, by me! And the nightlife in Coventry is fine by my standards, (though you are a scandinavian he-beast).
Its not in Coventry. Its halfway between Coventry and Warwick. I drive past the campus very often between my parents and nottingham.
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6246|NSW, Australia

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Newcastle.

The one in Australia.
I Agree
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6662
Purdue
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6733

blademaster wrote:

Purdue
That's where all the azns who cant get into a decent college go
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard