Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6578|Long Island, New York
Listen, I know nobody wants war with Iran. I know nobody enjoys the Iranians or likes what they do. But saying this shit when you are a NOMINEE FOR PRESIDENT is fucking stupid, and does nothing but alienate us, once again.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080713/ts_ … arettes_dc

Reuters wrote:

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran has condemned U.S. Republican presidential candidate John McCain for joking about killing Iranians with cigarettes and said it showed his "warmongering" foreign policy attitude, media said on Sunday.

McCain, who once sang in jest about bombing Iran, on Tuesday reacted to a report of rising U.S. cigarette exports to the Islamic Republic by saying it may be "a way of killing 'em."

Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Mohammad Ali Hosseini said: "McCain's crude remark on the indiscriminate killing of the Iranian nation not only testifies to his disturbed state of mind, but also to his warmongering approach to foreign policy."
Frankly, Hosseini is right. It shows that he has little or no care about taking lives and that his "killkillkill" mindset from Vietnam is still very intact.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6452|'Murka

"indiscriminate killing of the Iranian nation"?

Way to buy in to Iran's spin and propaganda.

/facedesk
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6194|what

Well McCain knows that war mongering did not exactly win over the American people in the last 2 elections, but it was a good enough strategy to get across the line come polling time.

The Republicans are up against a new type of challenge in Obama's nomination and I don't think they have realised this just yet.

Either the right wing or the left wing of the parties move more towards the centre to try and win undecided voters or they will just alienate them, as you say. The Democrats don't have to move at all to the right to win any more votes, but the Republicans have to ease their stance to be of any chance imo.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6578|Long Island, New York

FEOS wrote:

"indiscriminate killing of the Iranian nation"?

/facedesk
I'm not going off of what Iran said. I'm going off of what McCain himself said.

"a way of killing them" is what he said, not them.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6662|London, England

FEOS wrote:

Where did he buy in on anything Iran said
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6798|Argentina
McCain is old and he doesn't know what he's talking about.
ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5868

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Reuters wrote:

Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Mohammad Ali Hosseini said: "McCain's crude remark on the indiscriminate killing of the Iranian nation not only testifies to his disturbed state of mind, but also to his warmongering approach to foreign policy."
Frankly, Hosseini is right.
OP:  I don't see the problem.  He made a joke.  Big deal.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6570|Global Command
Imadinerjacket is spewing war rhetoric, at least thats what the papers say.

McCain makes a joke.
McCain is a joke and he will not be elected unless Obama makes some very serious mistakes.
ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5868
You seriously want Obama over McCain?
ATG
Banned

ZombieVampire! wrote:

Why should I vote for the status quo.
The old war monger.
The " the economy is not my strong suite ".
Mr. Amnesty.

Fuck him. Bring on the Bro.

Last edited by ATG (2008-07-13 08:04:28)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6194|what

ZombieVampire! wrote:

Doesn't everybody?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5868
No.  His campaign basically consists of "I'm a swell guy".
ATG
Banned

ZombieVampire! wrote:

No.  His campaign basically consists of "I'm a swell guy".
mmmmmmmmmmk

I can assume you mean Obama.

His campaign is the " see I told you so. " campaign.

He'll end being a disapointment when the left finds he doesn't order all the troops out of Iraq January 12th.

His campaign is the " I'm young, I'm one of you." campaign. I'm clean, their dirty. I'm new, he's old.

I believe Obama is on record as having used cocaine, so he knows he ain't so swell.

America gave the republicans 8 years, the first half of which I believe they also had majorities in Congress and Senate.

There was a popular catch-phrase when Bush 1 was losing to Bill Clinton;

" It's the economy stupid. "
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6384|tropical regions of london
Obama is a black muslim militant elitist
ATG
Banned

God Save the Queen wrote:

Obama is a black muslim militant elitist
l33t
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6560|Πάϊ
McCain has shown what he's about in other instances. This one was a joke. Not funny, but a still joke, nothing more.
ƒ³
ATG
Banned
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6494|The Twilight Zone
If McCain is elected, war with Iran is imminent.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6486|The Land of Scott Walker
Read up on Obama's feelings on Pakistan and Iran ...
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6494|The Twilight Zone

Stingray24 wrote:

Read up on Obama's feelings on Pakistan and Iran ...
I think with Obama there still a chance to avoid it.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6452|'Murka

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Frankly, Hosseini is right. It shows that he has little or no care about taking lives and that his "killkillkill" mindset from Vietnam is still very intact.
I don't know...could it be ^^that?

He clearly wasn't talking about killing anyone, he was talking about the regime.

And just how the hell would you know what his mindset in Vietnam was? You think everyone who faught in Vietnam was an indiscriminate killer?

As Bubs said, it was a joke. In no way did he imply that he wanted to kill Iranians.

Last edited by FEOS (2008-07-13 11:30:40)

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6446|North Carolina
McCain made a stupid remark, but Ahmadinejad is known for doing the same.

For the record, however, the average Iranian isn't anti-American.  The Iranian government is though.  Of course, if McCain decides to say much more along the lines of this, he may succeed in making the average Iranian anti-American.
AutralianChainsaw
+65|6239
McCain is even dumber than Bush..  Just two little example:

No clue about the difference between sunni and shiites:

No clue about the economy:

You guys could have elected the best politician in the entire world in Ron Paul.. but for some reason.. Mccain is the nominee
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6331|Éire
John McCain is a fucking idiot. Has he got no common sense whatsoever?
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6384|tropical regions of london

Turquoise wrote:

McCain made a stupid remark, but Ahmadinejad is known for doing the same.

For the record, however, the average Iranian isn't anti-American.  The Iranian government is though.  Of course, if McCain decides to say much more along the lines of this, he may succeed in making the average Iranian anti-American.
thats the same thing they said about Iraq.  Im hesitant to believe the "the people dont like the government" line.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard