HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5984|Washington DC
Apparently I have one, although my doctor suspects it's a benign one. I'm gonna go see a cardiologist soon. The weird thing is I'm not overweight, I don't have high blood pressure, and I'm not at risk of heart disease... I eat pretty well and go to the gym 3 times a week.

Anyone have experience with these?
GorillaKing798
Too legit to quit
+48|6137|Tampa, Florida
Yeah, I just went at it with a rusty kitchen knife and removed the sucker, been fine ever since...
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6176|what

Too much caffeine hurri.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6765|FUCK UBISOFT

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Too much caffeine hurri.
It's the energy drinks and cherry chocolate Dr. Pepper.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5984|Washington DC
The weird thing is, I've never been told I had a heart murmur until today. Nearly 17 years and no signs of it? Maybe it was just a fluke?

It's not caffeine. Benign murmurs are caused by simply hearing the blood entering and leaving the heart. Malignant ones are when you hear the blood because of a problem with the valves.

Hurricane, M.D.

Last edited by HurricaИe (2008-06-23 18:21:35)

m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6694|UK
u gunna die.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6366|tropical regions of london

HurricaИe wrote:

Apparently I have one, although my doctor suspects it's a benign one. I'm gonna go see a cardiologist soon. The weird thing is I'm not overweight, I don't have high blood pressure, and I'm not at risk of heart disease... I eat pretty well and go to the gym 3 times a week.

I was born with one and when I enlisted the doc had an ekg done on me and said everything was fine.  Ive got heart disease in my family.  my father has a pace maker, his father died not too long ago from a heart attack.
i g
Banned
+876|5887|GA

so how is that monster?
Ryan
+1,230|6866|Alberta, Canada

Haven't you posted something like this before?
jsnipy
+3,276|6545|...

Eye-GiZzLe wrote:

so how is that monster?
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6764|United States
You, sir, have a hole inside your heart.  How does it feel?
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6655

God Save the Queen wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

I was born with one and when I enlisted the doc had an ekg done on me and said everything was fine.  Ive got heart disease in my family.  my father has a pace maker, his father died not too long ago from a heart attack.
Sorry to hear that, my condolences.

Bert10099 wrote:

You, sir, have a hole inside your heart.  How does it feel?
Well, on the whole...

Last edited by Gooners (2008-06-23 18:52:45)

Zombie_Affair
Amputee's...BOOP
+78|5838|Fattest Country in the world.

HurricaИe wrote:

The weird thing is, I've never been told I had a heart murmur until today. Nearly 17 years and no signs of it? Maybe it was just a fluke?

It's not caffeine. Benign murmurs are caused by simply hearing the blood entering and leaving the heart. Malignant ones are when you hear the blood because of a problem with the valves.

Hurricane, M.D.
Either every other doctor / time you went to a GP they weren't doing their job, or the most recent visit and your doctor is giving you a flase alarm. When was the last time you seen a doctor?
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5984|Washington DC

Zombie_Affair wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

Hurricane, M.D.
Either every other doctor / time you went to a GP they weren't doing their job, or the most recent visit and your doctor is giving you a flase alarm. When was the last time you seen a doctor?
My last annual checkup was, unsurprisingly, a year ago. Same doctor too.

@GS yeah, I'm probably just getting an EKG and echocardiogram done. I'm scared they'll do a cardiac catheterization though.
@Jsnipy and ig, no u

Oh, and my dad said he had the same thing when he was young. Benign murmur. They did an ECG (or echogram) stress test and he was fine.

Last edited by HurricaИe (2008-06-23 18:56:03)

God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6366|tropical regions of london
man fuck that.  its not a big deal.  I have a slight history of em and I was in the infantry for nearly 5 years. 

if you end up dying, I guess that means Im wrong.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5984|Washington DC
We'll see
i g
Banned
+876|5887|GA

God Save the Queen wrote:

man fuck that.  its not a big deal.  I have a slight history of em and I was in the infantry for nearly 5 years. 

if you end up dying, I guess that means Im wrong.
lol

i love this guy
Wallpaper
+303|6017|The pool
I think its just a little odd shaped part of the heart or something

Dont quote me on that, though. Ask dee dawktor
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6243|Phoenix, AZ
Ive got a benign one, doc found it with a stethoscope, took an EKG, got the same result and sent me to a cardiologist, they did a soni-gram (sonic gram or w.e   ((sp.))) and told me it was alright

Youll be fine dude, the tests are easy and not that bad.

Good luck though...
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6470|Chicago, IL
that means you won't have to go to Iran later, be happy!
CC-Marley
+407|6851

HurricaИe wrote:

My aunt had one and dropped dead at 20. That was in '77. Turns out they run on my dads side. I used to get EKGs when i was growing up. Glad to hear it is minorish.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6624|132 and Bush

I had a heart murmur as an infant also. Outgrew it.. not a terribly big deal for babies I guess. If it was I sure as hell don't remember it .
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6789|UK
They are nothing to be worried about. I had one when I was born, no idea if my heart repaired itself or not but it never impacted my life.
clogar
damn ain't it great to be a laxer
+32|5979|Minnesota
it's because you once ran to the hospital with a boner.
Home
Section.80
+447|6871|Seattle, Washington, USA

I have a pretty bad one, it's like cardiac arrythmia or something...

Basically, (especially when I'm out of shape) my heart will suddenly go off its beat. It will start beating about twice as fast or slow, usually just when I'm laying down. It feels like that rush you get when you get a rush of adrenaline, but without the adrenaline, just the rushing sensation. I usually sit or stand up, and when that doesn't work, I breathe in and out quickly and deeply. That has only not worked a couple times, and when it doesn't I douse my face with cold water and wait it out. I don't take any kind of medicine or anything for it, and it's never messed me up seriously. You'll be fine.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard