TFSlott
+2|6199
Anyone who knows anything about Battlefield 3? Besides what was published october 2007. Release date? Anything else?

Found a few sites that has a release date mid november. But I can't find anything anywhere to confirm this?

Back up any rumours by putting in links! But not the old news from oktober 2007 - plz

I don't mean Bad company!!!

-Thanx

Last edited by TFSlott (2008-06-16 09:56:42)

TFSlott
+2|6199

chittydog wrote:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=102361
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=96670
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=87356

Search bf3 here, there are two pages of topics already.
Thx - I searched for "battlefield 3" and found tons of topics... lol

Checked the links. Nothing but guesses. Nothing confirmed yet?

Last edited by TFSlott (2008-06-16 10:07:21)

firebolt5
+114|6196
It's out when it's out.
Hope_is_lost117
Psy squad
+49|6037|Belgium

firebolt5 wrote:

It's out when it's out.
To say it like Blizzard says: it's done when it's ready...
i g
Banned
+876|5905|GA

TFSlott wrote:

chittydog wrote:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=102361
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=96670

Search bf3 here, there are two pages of topics already.
Thx - I searched for "battlefield 3" and found tons of topics... lol

Checked the links. Nothing but guesses. Nothing confirmed yet?
no. they said they were working on a secret game or some shit a few weeks/months ago. we should know something by the end of the year...hopefully sooner
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6812|PNW

My wishlist, in no particular order:

1) Naval units.
2) Underwater and underground combat.
3) Longer visibility range and a wider map border tolerance for aerial combat.
4) More effective camo for sniping camping and counter-surveillance.
5) Target painting for infantry: give tanks, ships, and aircraft something to aim at.
6) More detonation options for explosives.
7) Bullet penetration and moderately-destructible buildings.
8) Terrain deforming (come on, even Magic Carpet had it).
9) Customizable skins and paraphernalia, ala an enhanced BF Vietnam.
10) More weapons freedom between classes. Can't I get a medic with a shotgun? Support with a Stinger?
11) User-end option for violence level. I know it'd push it to M, but the dust puffs are silly.
12) User-controlled artillery.
13) Wider variety of base infiltration and sabotage tactics and objectives.
14) Supply lines game mode, ala CoH.

Too lazy to think of any more.
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6189|San Antonio, Texas
If we're making lists for the next best thing, here's mine:

^^I always wanted a CQC medic with a shotgun, it just made sense as he moved in to revive people on the frontlines!

-Option to choose grenades or extra ammo or smoke grenades (make them a little better, but they are still rather effect in vanilla) or another cool toy that doesn't imbalance things.
-2142 have it now as of patch 1.50, BF3 better have 'em. Widescreen support and the option to adjust the Commander volume. http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=102166
-Timed C4. I know AIX has it, but due to engine limitations, the time till detonation can't be adjusted on the weapon itself in-game. James Bond Nightfire had an option to adjust the time in 5-second intervals.
-A more in-depth VoIP system, SL to SL communication, vehicle communication.
-Weather. Might hit old comps hard in the lag department, but would be a nice touch. It could affect the players, if it makes sense. I don't expect trained soldiers to slip on a puddle in Karkand's successor.
Full list: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=93819&p=1
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6590|UK

I read some of that last thread ^^^^

Seems to be just a bunch of vehicle whores wanting more scope to do there captain america shiz. 

Destructable urban enviroments, not much bigger than karkand (if atall) where the agressors and defenders can adjust the terrain each time they play to move the battle in whatever direction.  You can have tanks if you want, but I would like to be able to call in an arty strike at the building which falls on the tank so I can laugh at that bastard!

xD
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6578|Long Island, New York

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

1) Naval units. - Yes
2) Underwater and underground combat. - Underwater sounds good, but underground? Not really sure how that'd work unless you're talking bunkers and tunnels.
3) Longer visibility range and a wider map border tolerance for aerial combat. Yes
4) More effective camo for sniping camping and counter-surveillance. Definitely
5) Target painting for infantry: give tanks, ships, and aircraft something to aim at. Not sure what you mean here
6) More detonation options for explosives. Definitely...would love timed explosives
7) Bullet penetration and moderately-destructible buildings. Yes
8) Terrain deforming (come on, even Magic Carpet had it). BFBC has it so it'll probably happen
9) Customizable skins and paraphernalia, ala an enhanced BF Vietnam. Hell yes
10) More weapons freedom between classes. Can't I get a medic with a shotgun? Support with a Stinger? YES!
11) User-end option for violence level. I know it'd push it to M, but the dust puffs are silly. I wish it'd happen to, but not likely
12) User-controlled artillery. Eh...it's in BFBC, and it's really not that great for two reasons = it's literally near constant...every 8 seconds and because people TK so many times for it.
13) Wider variety of base infiltration and sabotage tactics and objectives. Definitely
14) Supply lines game mode, ala CoH. Sounds interesting

GR34
+215|6586|ALBERTA> CANADA
I want it to be like Project Reality so realistic and full of team work.
Then of course same 4km^2 maps like PR and thats all good
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6733|NAS Jacksonville, Florida

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

1) Naval units.
If you want it as a modern combat game, then.... why?

I don't think anyone wants to get raped up the wazzo with Tomahawks.
kptk92
u
+972|6449|tc_london

GR34 wrote:

I want it to be like Project Reality so realistic and full of team work.
BF should stay as BF - compared to PR, BF is arcadey and should remain like it, with the features from Bad Company (such as destructable environments.. then again it will be run on Frostbite) introduced into the game.
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|6015|England

BF2 with better gfx and hitreg + more customizable kits/character apperence would be great too.

no bullet penetration or detructable environment (especially if its like bad company)
Longbow
+163|6687|Odessa, Ukraine

GR34 wrote:

Boredom..
Zukabazuka
+23|6726
I really hope they don't have jets in BF3, add them as support power to the commander but do not let people handle a machine of death.
Then this
12) User-controlled artillery. Eh...it's in BFBC, and it's really not that great for two reasons = it's literally near constant...every 8 seconds and because people TK so many times for it.
After I saw the video where they showed it I knew straight from the start people would TK just to be able to sit in that damn turret. I was right to. and 8 seconds reload, hahahahahahaha
Smithereener
+138|6356|California

Poseidon wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

5) Target painting for infantry: give tanks, ships, and aircraft something to aim at. Not sure what you mean here
I'm assuming that the "target painting" thing is something like the system in BF1942 - where the scouts would use binoculars to spot an area to fire on, while artillery/battleships would aim in that general direction.
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6733|NAS Jacksonville, Florida

Smithereener wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I'm assuming that the "target painting" thing is something like the system in BF1942 - where the scouts would use binoculars to spot an area to fire on, while artillery/battleships would aim in that general direction.
Ah, the good ol' days.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6364|New Haven, CT

Smithereener wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Like a Boris from Yuri's Revenge.
The_Mac
+96|6266

SamTheMan:D wrote:

BF2 with better gfx and hitreg + more customizable kits/character apperence would be great too.

no bullet penetration or detructable environment (especially if its like bad company)
Hahahahha...wasn't Bad Company's destructible environments making everyone wet about the game a while back?

Why the change of heart?
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6197|Vancouver | Canada

nukchebi0 wrote:

Smithereener wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Like a Boris from Yuri's Revenge.
Boris has arrived.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6578|Long Island, New York

Smithereener wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Ah, okay. I think they have something like that as one of the unlocks in BFBC...and didn't they have it in POE2?
Smithereener
+138|6356|California

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

Smithereener wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Ah, the good ol' days.
God damn do I miss those battleships. But I did always suck at zeroing artillery at a certain spot. Bazookas were different though. I was pretty good at taking down tanks (gotta love 1 hit kills on the light tanks).

And the submarines. Nothing better than being a sneaky bastard and sinking that enemy aircraft carrier (on Midway especially). I want to see a 1942 again with better graphics one day.

Although I am excited for BF3 too (Assuming it comes out before I turn 50).
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6722|Disaster Free Zone

Poseidon wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

1) Naval units. - Yes
2) Underwater and underground combat. - Underwater sounds good, but underground? Not really sure how that'd work unless you're talking bunkers and tunnels.
3) Longer visibility range and a wider map border tolerance for aerial combat. Yes
4) More effective camo for sniping camping and counter-surveillance. Definitely
6) More detonation options for explosives. Definitely...would love timed explosives
7) Bullet penetration and moderately-destructible buildings. Yes
8) Terrain deforming (come on, even Magic Carpet had it). BFBC has it so it'll probably happen
9) Customizable skins and paraphernalia, ala an enhanced BF Vietnam. Hell yes
10) More weapons freedom between classes. Can't I get a medic with a shotgun? Support with a Stinger? YES!
11) User-end option for violence level. I know it'd push it to M, but the dust puffs are silly. I wish it'd happen to, but not likely
13) Wider variety of base infiltration and sabotage tactics and objectives. Definitely
14) Supply lines game mode, ala CoH. Sounds interesting

You never played 1942 or Vietnam did you?

10. Don't really agree with. Unless it's like Vietnam where you have a choice of only a few weapons not anything you like. Other wise everyone will be using the same thing all the time.

My additions.
No or limited UAV.
No revives... It unbalanced infantry and medics way too much.
No instant heals (ie no dropping medic bags) same reason as above.
Smithereener
+138|6356|California
Eh, while I do agree with the insta-heal med packs needing to be revamped, I think revival should be kept to an extent. Maybe a system where every consecutive revive leaves the player with reduced health, until finally revival is no longer an option.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard