FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6521|so randum
Who find themselves frustrated at nade spam/ constant air strikes and helos:

Play in a 12 slot server.

I've played on both PC and Xbox, and the multiplayer is honestly a better experience with just 6v6.

Give it a go!
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
No/Yes
+14|5963|California, USA
agreed, PC is just explosions everywhere.
I played the PS3, and it didn't wreck anything in fustration =P

Last edited by No/Yes (2008-06-07 17:06:21)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6521|so randum
Ah shite i missed a "s" of the thread title.

Oh well
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6807|Perth, Western Australia
I try to avoid servers with more than 10 people for team games types, and maybe 6 for FFA. It's just better that way
Commie Killer
+192|6408
I can stand up to 8v8, but yeah, I found a great 6v6 24/7 Crossfire server. Lotta fun.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6177|Vancouver | Canada
I actually saw some people in here whine about CoD4 being bad because of 32 man servers.

I lol'd.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6468|Chicago, IL
I try to keep it under 10v10

but ive seen 54 man servers, wtf?
xRBLx
I've got lovely bunch of coconuts!!
+27|6376|England - Kent

S.Lythberg wrote:

Yeah I gave that a go last night it was madness....
Campers/sprayers/spwan killers.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6170|'straya

xRBLx wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Yeah I gave that a go last night it was madness....
Campers/sprayers/spwan killers.
54 man shipment is always fun.

not.
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6666|Malibu
CoD4 is originally designed for console. Just look at the fucking interface...

Which means that it just generally does not suit mass multiplaying style of FPS anyway (There is Frontline FoW, but that is basically copy of BF2142...).

If CoD4 was designed primarily for PC, it would be much well suited for higher number of player limits.

However, that is my opinion and I am pretty sure other will feel otherwise.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6676

I wish the people who run the servers understood this. Unless I'm playing at peak hours during the day (which is hardly ever), I either find completely crowded servers with 30+ people, or some with 4-6... lame
Stimey
­
+786|6141|Ontario | Canada
more like 4v4/5v5
6 is a little too big for me, but essentially, urite.
­
­
­
­
­
­
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6586|Area 51
True. Anything above 16 will be a pure nade fest. Even 16 slots sometimes can get pretty retarded.
CrazeD
+368|6694|Maine
Running around the map not finding enemies for 10 minutes is pretty boring.

If I don't have to spawn and start shooting, I don't have fun.
Johnny_Extremer
I Am McLovin!!!!
+22|6282

StormEye wrote:

Which means that it just generally does not suit mass multiplaying style of FPS anyway (There is Frontline FoW, but that is basically copy of BF2142...).

If CoD4 was designed primarily for PC, it would be much well suited for higher number of player limits.

What interface are you talking about? And the console version isn't any better with more people it's the same as PC spam spam spam thats all that it is. I pub'd this game when it first came out for 1 month then I got bored and went to competition, and tbh I haven't had more fun with a game I haven't got bored with it, 5v5 is the way to go.
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6666|Malibu

Johnny_Extremer wrote:

StormEye wrote:

What interface are you talking about? And the console version isn't any better with more people it's the same as PC spam spam spam thats all that it is. I pub'd this game when it first came out for 1 month then I got bored and went to competition, and tbh I haven't had more fun with a game I haven't got bored with it, 5v5 is the way to go.
If you did not get the meaning of my post, it meant that CoD4 is NOT suited for large player numbers. Please read more carefully.

Interface that I am talking about is such as the in-game menu. Example for this is in menu system, it is designed with console controls in mind, where each object is accessible with pushing stick up and down the menu, press accept, press up and down further, press accept, press up and down again, repeat...
sgtdude1987
+8|6238|midlands britain

StormEye wrote:

Johnny_Extremer wrote:

StormEye wrote:

If you did not get the meaning of my post, it meant that CoD4 is NOT suited for large player numbers. Please read more carefully.

Interface that I am talking about is such as the in-game menu. Example for this is in menu system, it is designed with console controls in mind, where each object is accessible with pushing stick up and down the menu, press accept, press up and down further, press accept, press up and down again, repeat...
The menu set up and interfaces are totally different IMO. Plus they only let consoles have smaller games because the majority of console jockeys can't process enough information to shoot and think about the crap they are spewing into the mic at the same time.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6680|BC, Canada
I usually try to play with under 10 people S&D only, usually 8 or less.... My very first round, before I even played single player was like a maxed out server team deathmatch, on shipment of all maps... I didnt play the game for at least a couple of weeks after it.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6696|Canberra, AUS
No call of duty has even been made for anything above 16p.

Edit: Fixed nonsensical post

Last edited by Spark (2008-06-10 01:49:06)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5849
personally i reckon the 40-odd player team deathmatch server i hop on is good fun.

Though, for some reason Shipment is the rotation..............
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6696|Canberra, AUS

StormEye wrote:

Johnny_Extremer wrote:

StormEye wrote:

Every CoD has been like that.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard