Johnny_Quicksilver
+4|6689
wow thats a cs gun, I love the awp! BOOM! HEADSHOT! heh heh....
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6746|Houston, TX
Sorry to seem so out of touch, but AWP.  What does it stand for?

In reference to Sharkbait, I don't think it'll be golden bullet. I doubt EA/DICE would unbalance the kit like that.  I'd bet on a nice set of sights and maybe a clip increase, but bolt action to balance it out.

Edit: I was not a CS player.  I think that is where the reference comes from.  What gun does it represent?

Last edited by Kung Jew (2006-01-12 15:25:50)

priznat
+0|6848
I was hoping for a semi-auto rifle just for an option for the USMC dudes.. M24 is the best rifle for accurate sniping, but sometimes you just wanna plug away with a semi-auto
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6772|Atlanta, GA USA
The AWP is a one-hit kill sniper rifle in CS.  It stands for Arctic Warfare Police.  It is based on the L96A1 (I think).
I don't think they will make a one-hit kill sniper rifle in BF2, though.  If they were gonna do that, the M95 would have been the obvious choice.
Locarno
Boom!Headshot?
+2|6842|Scotland!
yaaas, an AWM in BF2.

I HATED the AWM in CSS, but in BF2, it could be rather pwnage
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6689
Well im not really a fan of sniper rifles i mean they look cool and are powerful but i rather use pistols / smg / assault rifles etc but i do like rifles too.

AWP is a really nice looking sniper yeah the one from Counter-Strike those were the days i remember i was the only terrorist left and i was against 7 ct's i took all of them out camping at the base haha.

Oh and "AWP" means Arctic Warfare and Arctic Warfare Police
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

I'm sure the L96A1 will be very suitable. EA have more sence than to make it a one hit kill rifle like CS, especially since it is a smaller calibre than the M95, which also isn't one hit kill.

As long as it dosn't have the same crappy scope/crosshair as it's buddy the L85A1, but as a Sniper Rifle verses an Assault rifle with equipped scope, I doubt it.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
loki
+0|6690
This is how it goes, the .50 cal is basicly the ultimate sniper in real life. being able to shot a person about 2000 yards away with perfect accuarcy. the rifle is one of only few that can penetrate tanks armor and continue to exit  on the other side. The british rifle named above is also powerful but doesnt add up to the .50 cal. Problem is bringing such a powerful rifle to a game makes it very unbalance, seeing as the .50 cal is a one shot kill no matter where it hits, if it was as it is in real life everyone would use it. So the balance is good and the new rifle will in my opinion be a downgrade
blisteringsilence
I'd rather hunt with Cheney than ride with Kennedy
+83|6703|Little Rock, Arkansas

Tyferra wrote:

As long as it dosn't have the same crappy scope/crosshair as it's buddy the L85A1, but as a Sniper Rifle verses an Assault rifle with equipped scope, I doubt it.
The L96 and L85 have no more in common than the M24 and the M16. L is simply how the british military designates their equipment, like the US uses the letter M.

On a side note, I have fired a number of AI weapons, and have been pleased with their offerings in 7mm mag and .300 winmag. That being said, for the cost, you can build yourself a MUCH nicer rifle based on the Remington model 700 frame. Their offering in .308 was not as accurate in my hands as their 7mm, but that may have just been an anomoloy.

As to cool features, how about an integrated suppressor, and a two stage scope (5x and 12x, perhaps?). I'd like to have an antipersonel rifle with a larger scope on it, let me shoot out to 450 yards or so.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

blisteringsilence wrote:

The L96 and L85 have no more in common than the M24 and the M16. L is simply how the british military designates their equipment, like the US uses the letter M.
Yes I know, as I pointed out.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
blisteringsilence
I'd rather hunt with Cheney than ride with Kennedy
+83|6703|Little Rock, Arkansas

loki wrote:

This is how it goes, the .50 cal is basicly the ultimate sniper in real life. being able to shot a person about 2000 yards away with perfect accuarcy. the rifle is one of only few that can penetrate tanks armor and continue to exit  on the other side. The british rifle named above is also powerful but doesnt add up to the .50 cal. Problem is bringing such a powerful rifle to a game makes it very unbalance, seeing as the .50 cal is a one shot kill no matter where it hits, if it was as it is in real life everyone would use it. So the balance is good and the new rifle will in my opinion be a downgrade
Problems with your statement:

1. There is no rifle on the planet that can shoot someone 2,000 yards away with perfect accuracy. Its just not possible with bullets. Period. In the right hands, on a VERY calm day, a .50 caliber rifle can be accuate against AREA targets (radar, tents, large unarmored vehicles) at ranges up to a mile (1760 yards). If you hit a person at that range, its sheer chance.

2. There is no man-portable rifle that can pierce a tank to start with, let alone go out the other side. Even if you were shooting at a world-war II era sherman at 50 yards with an armor-piercing bullet, you would not pierce the frontal armor with a .50 cal sniper rifle. You MIGHT be able to pierce a hatch. Maybe.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6694
YES we have an AWP, AWP WHORES REJOICE lol!
mjw
The All Rounder
+22|6760|Rotherham, England
how does anyone, know that this the new unlock????
maybe silly question and i'll probably get flamed, but i havn't seen anything anywhere about info on the new unlocks.
-_{MoW}_-Assasin
+13|6729|Australia
an AWP.... hmm... isnt that just a weaker version of the M95, with more accuracy, just to acttract more CS players to EA?
jdrou
Wiki Contributor
+2|6685

mjw wrote:

how does anyone, know that this the new unlock????
maybe silly question and i'll probably get flamed, but i havn't seen anything anywhere about info on the new unlocks.
Yes, I'd like to see a source on this.  Also, there seems to be some confusion here;  the new sniper and AT unlocks are in the PATCH not the booster pack (they were left out of SF).  There's no indication whether the booster packs will have new unlocks or not.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6718|Riva, MD

Aquastorm wrote:

Berserk_Vampire wrote:

fuck pussy sniper rifles lets see some new pistols or assault rifles.
Yeh, great, uneeded swearing is JUST what we need. We have unlocks for everything but AT and Sniper for SF, it's time they got some much need attention!
Yeah, great, non-cussing babies are JUST what we need.
PFCStenzel
Check your AA alarm...
+82|6795|Idaho, USA / Age 30
If you use the M24 Just right also it is a 1shot 1Kill.  I have hit guys running with one shot and fall.   So, what makes it so different.   I like the idea of a new unlock for the sniper.
PFCStenzel
Check your AA alarm...
Actually thinking about it this sniper rifle is much better  -  http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn25-e.htm -

Accuracy International AW-50 (UK) - Also know as the Artic Warfare .50
PFCStenzel
Check your AA alarm...
Yeah it is a High powered 50cal rifle also.    They should have used this one instead

http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn55-e.htm
dracul
+2|6808
If this weapon turns out to be an AWP, I quit.

I am guessing they will make it 1 hit kill on anything.
Take a deep breath and sit back down, cupcake.
If they did not make the m95 a 1-hit kill, they certainly are not not going to make the awp one.

Last edited by dracul (2006-01-12 21:47:32)

Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6746|Houston, TX
I have miscommunicated with everyone. The L96A1 is not verified as the new unlock.  It is simpy the sniper rifle added and used by the EF booster release.  My apologies to those who have been misled.

Edit: It would be my assumption that EA/DICE will use the new rifle as the kit unlock in "vanilla" BF2. Similar to the F2000 and the G36 class of weapons found in SF.

Last edited by Kung Jew (2006-01-13 09:38:40)

lav2517
+0|6701|Leeds
I have fired the L96 when I was younger in the Cadet force. Its a nice rifle to shoot, it feels comfertable and is it was more accurate then i was (hit the tin hat once at 1000 yards out of a possible 7)

I think it is being added to tie in with the booster pack but is I think that its part of the new patch.
FrEaK
+1|6784|Finland
the new unlock is m82a. what are u talking about that l96 rifle as unlock?
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6746|Houston, TX
Where/what is your source on that?  EA's news release stated that the L96A1 was the EF sniper kit's primary weapon.  It didn't mention if the booster had a specific sniper rifle in mind.
lav2517
+0|6701|Leeds
I could be wrong.....

Probably am...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard