Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6154|Carnoustie, Scotland
K so I've recorded a few demos though the console (/record "filename", /stoprecord) and I'm trying to play them back, but when I enter the command "/demo "filename" to play the demo I get the error message "Cannot play "filename". The file "filename" does not exist." I checked in the demo folder on my HDD and the demo file is there, so that leaves me thinking is another file stored on the server I played on? Or not in this case? Because I've got a demo from a ladder match and that worked fine.

Also, if I get this to work, how do I change view points, fast forward/rewind etc?

Thanks and karma for all help
St.BADSHOT
+6|6268
If  you were playing a modded server when they were recorded, you need to start the game with that mod running. It works for me. Hope it helps.
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6154|Carnoustie, Scotland

St.BADSHOT wrote:

If  you were playing a modded server when they were recorded, you need to start the game with that mod running. It works for me. Hope it helps.
When I played the ladder match I had Pam4 going, and I found out I had to start that to use the demo, but for the other demos I wasn't using any mods. Thanks though.
St.BADSHOT
+6|6268
This wasn't written by me, but it does work.

Unfortunately, the guys at IW haven't made a good job of developing this function in CoD4

Recorded demos are stored in "C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\main\demos" folder

However, you will need to cut/paste your demos from this folder and paste them into:

"C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\Mods\ModWarfare\demos"

If the demos folder doesn't exist, simply create it.

With that done, run cod4 multiplayer and select 'Mods' then 'Modwarefare'

Open up console and type /demo demoname

This will play your recorded demo.
Johnny_Extremer
I Am McLovin!!!!
+22|6282
Just start up Mod Warfare in the mods tab. You don't really need to edit any folders.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6596|London
get cybopat cod4 player, has been posted here like 4 times. No need to rename anything, just find the demo and open it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard